Crap mavic air information
1500 16 2018-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_NNGNIy4oJs1j
lvl.1
United States

I bought this air 2 weeks ago and just got round to TRYING to use it. Could not connect to the drone using all the different ways. Trying to get anything from their site is futile ready to send back for a refund though I doubt they will.
2018-8-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It depends where you purchased it, think 14 Days is the limit with dji,
Having come to the forum, you will find that they’re are many here willing to help, so reach outyou might surprise yourself..
2018-8-4
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Why did you wait so late flying it? Good you have that kind of control over yourself. Most people would have come here already with a crash report.
2018-8-4
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

What about starting with this?: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 20Manual%20v1.2.pdf
2018-8-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and trouble that this caused you. May I know if you already tried to link your remote controller to your aircraft before you connect your mobile device? You may watch the attached video tutorial below for reference. Thank you.

2018-8-4
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

A lot of folks here will help you out, but you need to help us understand what you've tried, what errors you're getting, etc. Most of the time, it's a pilot error and when you first start, there will be a lot of them as you learn. So, have you followed the controller linking video above? If so, do you get any type of error?
2018-8-5
Use props
macographer
lvl.1
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-5 05:37
A lot of folks here will help you out, but you need to help us understand what you've tried, what errors you're getting, etc. Most of the time, it's a pilot error and when you first start, there will be a lot of them as you learn. So, have you followed the controller linking video above? If so, do you get any type of error?

I finally got the software updated on the aircraft, i saw a message during the update referring to the current version being corrupted or something like that.
I can't get the controller to connect to dji assitant 2 to make sure it has the latest software, it makes the connected sound then disconnecting over and over.
Windows 10, tried it on 2 different computers/
2018-8-5
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

The issue with the DJI Assistant and W10 is well known when connecting to the controller.

Its a driver issue they still have not resolved, you need to uninstall the version you have and find an early version and install that first.
There is a driver around somewhere, no doubt someone more learned than I will be able to point you in the right direction
2018-8-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

macographer Posted at 2018-8-5 09:27
I finally got the software updated on the aircraft, i saw a message during the update referring to the current version being corrupted or something like that.
I can't get the controller to connect to dji assitant 2 to make sure it has the latest software, it makes the connected sound then disconnecting over and over.
Windows 10, tried it on 2 different computers/

I have sent you a PM.
2018-8-5
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

macographer Posted at 2018-8-5 09:27
I finally got the software updated on the aircraft, i saw a message during the update referring to the current version being corrupted or something like that.
Windows 10, tried it on 2 different computers/

Ah... yes. I believe there is an issue with Win 10 and the latest DJI Assistant 2 that has been reported. Do you have access to a Win 7 machine that you could try?
2018-8-5
Use props
macographer
lvl.1
United States

Many thanks I've downloaded it let you know how it works.
I have never come across a company that supposedly is the leader of the industry that relies on forums instead of application engineers.
Hope your getting something out of it.
Again thank you.
2018-8-5
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

macographer Posted at 2018-8-5 14:44
I have never come across a company that supposedly is the leader of the industry that relies on forums instead of application engineers.

You are correct on one front. DJI does rely on it's customers, and forum to help each other out. Keep in mind that DJI is the leader in this drone tech and an extremely busy company. The amount of tech wrapped in to these quads is awe inspiring. It can be quite daunting to a new user of quads and a new pilot. We all are a very fortunate bunch of fliers here. Seriously, think about what these crafts provide us with, and how difficult it must be to manufacture this kind of tech and quality, at the price we get it for. Not easy. Enjoy all the wisdom you get here, from "those who have experienced" Like the PM of Wacthberger gave you, this sort of help is priceless, and what separates us from  others. I hope your adventure is an awesome one. Is this sort of tech perfect..... no , what is in this world. Just have fun and ask questions. wish you the best!
2018-8-5
Use props
Jws926
lvl.1
United States

Don't feel bad, I am new as well, got my MA this past Friday and have problems getting everything connected to go flying, its taking so much time that I go from a fully charged battery to about 88% ,  I have noticed that if I follow the manual and turn things on in the order in says to, things go much smoother and it took no time at all.
2018-8-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

macographer Posted at 2018-8-5 14:44
I have never come across a company that supposedly is the leader of the industry that relies on forums instead of application engineers.

Hi, great to hear it helped. To answer your question: You would have received it also from one of the DJI support staff, but since it was weekend, this way you got it faster.
2018-8-5
Use props
macographer
lvl.1
United States

Bill B Posted at 2018-8-5 15:11
You are correct on one front. DJI does rely on it's customers, and forum to help each other out. Keep in mind that DJI is the leader in this drone tech and an extremely busy company. The amount of tech wrapped in to these quads is awe inspiring. It can be quite daunting to a new user of quads and a new pilot. We all are a very fortunate bunch of fliers here. Seriously, think about what these crafts provide us with, and how difficult it must be to manufacture this kind of tech and quality, at the price we get it for. Not easy. Enjoy all the wisdom you get here, from "those who have experienced" Like the PM of Wacthberger gave you, this sort of help is priceless, and what separates us from  others. I hope your adventure is an awesome one. Is this sort of tech perfect..... no , what is in this world. Just have fun and ask questions. wish you the best!

Thanks for the software got connected to the remote and updated the software.
Still can't connect to the aircraft thru the camera mode going to the remote icon touching connect, it says confirm frequency y/n I click yes the window goes away and it shows not connected.
Using Pixel 2 xl with Pie os.
2018-8-19
Use props
macographer
lvl.1
United States

macographer Posted at 2018-8-19 15:22
Thanks for the software got connected to the remote and updated the software.
Still can't connect to the aircraft thru the camera mode going to the remote icon touching connect, it says confirm frequency y/n I click yes the window goes away and it shows not connected.
Using Pixel 2 xl with Pie os.

Finally got it connected by pressing the 3 button combination on the controller after a few times.
Of course it's too hot to fly, 106F but at least I've got step one finished!
2018-8-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Ken Storm Posted at 2018-8-5 09:32
The issue with the DJI Assistant and W10 is well known when connecting to the controller.

Its a driver issue they still have not resolved, you need to uninstall the version you have and find an early version and install that first.

DJI's failure to fix a problem known for over a year - strikes again?
2018-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules