M200 and Cendence transmission range
1462 4 2018-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

After several months of casual flying here and there with no major issues, today I was finally able to test M200/Cendence coopertation in transmission range category. I can't complain, I must say, although the environment was supposedly very friendly. Kootenay Plains near Hwy #11 in Canadian Rockies, no WiFi, no cellular coverage, no obstructions of any kind. Theorethical VLOS maintained all the time. First set of TB50 batteries was used for 200m attitude flight with standard stick antennas. Transmission start breaking at 4250 m distance and the bird performed implied RTH with 38% battery left. Second test was made with patch antenna, where Matrice demanded RTH due to calculated power left at 5100 m distance. She landed with fuel depleted to 22%. I assume that with TB55 set of batteries the bird will be able to make perhaps 6 km distance there. Not bad, not bad at all.

Again, the environment in this case was ideally free of any radio interferences, while in densely populated areas I would usually make 2700 - 3000 m with standard sticks antennas before red warning starts scrolling in status bar. What's your experience in range category for M200?
2018-8-4
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

The sfoc limit is 400 ft AGL (`120m) wink wink. Sorry no experience with long distance flights. Observer and I keep the m210 well within vlos and often limit distance in app... cuz it is an expensive investment. Last time I flew had hawks circling above it.
2018-8-9
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

The cendence user manual says up to 7 km when unobstructed https://www.dji.com/cendence/info
2018-8-9
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

kozlio# Posted at 2018-8-9 15:01
The cendence user manual says up to 7 km when unobstructed https://www.dji.com/cendence/info

Also, the speedometer in my Chevy is scaled to 200 km/hr ...
2018-8-9
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

kozlio# Posted at 2018-8-9 14:59
The sfoc limit is 400 ft AGL (`120m) wink wink. Sorry no experience with long distance flights. Observer and I keep the m210 well within vlos and often limit distance in app... cuz it is an expensive investment. Last time I flew had hawks circling above it.

Some particularly stupid birds my attempt to execute their territorial rights in mating season. Had such close encounter once in WA mountains with my P4P, but the drone was warned only and I didn't pick up the glove for challenge . Two or three documented collisions with Phantoms were reported on YT, all above marijuana plantations . Normally sane predators like hawks or bald eagles will avoid confrontation with buzzing machine of M200 size.
2018-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules