Remote battery auto discharge?
1886 4 2018-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
timdelma
lvl.2
Belgium

Hello,

Is it possible the Remote battery of the Mavic Air auto discharges?

This week I charged the battery to 100% and checked it afterwards (100% sure).
It was in my bag 3 days and yesterday I wanted to fly and the battery was completely dead (0%).

Luckily I had the charger with me but I had to wait an extra hour to do some flying...
2018-8-5
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Not unless you accidentally left it on when you put it in the bag. My RC will stay charged for weeks with minimal battery drain. Might want to charge it, set it out on a table and check it every day. Might have a bad RC battery.
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, like Paul mentioned you might leave the RC on while it was in your bag. I would recommend fully charge the RC and check the performance of it.
2018-8-5
Use props
timdelma
lvl.2
Belgium

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-5 05:27
Not unless you accidentally left it on when you put it in the bag. My RC will stay charged for weeks with minimal battery drain. Might want to charge it, set it out on a table and check it every day. Might have a bad RC battery.

Okay, that's a possible reason for the situation
I'll do the battery test this week, just to make sure.

About discharging batteries, do you sometimes have to discharge the Mavic Air's batteries to keep them in a good health? If so, how to do this? Just put them in the drone, turn it on and wait until they're at 0%?
2018-8-5
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

timdelma Posted at 2018-8-5 22:32
Okay, that's a possible reason for the situation
I'll do the battery test this week, just to make sure.

The batteries will auto discharge down to the storage level on their own. To extend the life of the batteries, don't charge them unless you're going to use them or if they need to be recharged back up to the storage level. You can find more details about caring for your batteries here.
2018-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules