Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Two little questions
3194 15 2018-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JasonPictures
lvl.4
Flight distance : 289341 ft
Switzerland

I finally got my Ronin S this week and I have already set it up and tested it with my Nikon D850. It works very well but there are two things I dont understand:

1. How do I connect the focus wheel to my D850 to control the focus with the gimbal? I havend found a cable in the box which fits in the port of the focus wheel and here -- https://forum.dji.com/thread-157746-1-1.html -- it says that my camera is compatible.
2. When my camera is connected to the gimbal I can take pictures but when I press the button to record a video nothing happens.

Thank you for your help and have a nice day!

2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Jason, please refer to the below and try to connect the focus wheel and see whether it works.
1. Make sure the firmware has been updated, then use the MCC-B cable(in the box) to connect the camera and gimbal.
2. Check the color of the focus wheel indicator. After powering on the gimbal, the indicator will flash red slowly. With the compatible camera, the indicator will change to solid green.
3. To pull focus with Ronin S, please set the lens focus mode to M/A, and make sure the camera focus mode is set to AF.
Regarding the second question, are you triggering the record under picture mode? For the recording of D850, there will be no timer, see whether it is this case.
2018-8-6
Use props
JasonPictures
lvl.4
Switzerland

But how do I connect the focus wheel? None of my 3 cables fits into the port of the focus wheel.

2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JasonPictures Posted at 2018-8-6 02:06
But how do I connect the focus wheel? None of my 3 cables fits into the port of the focus wheel.

[view_image]

Sorry for the confusion. Please use the 8 pin of MCC-B cable to connect the camera, and the other side to connect the gimbal, then follow the above to see whether it works.
2018-8-6
Use props
JasonPictures
lvl.4
Switzerland

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-6 03:09
Sorry for the confusion. Please use the 8 pin of MCC-B cable to connect the camera, and the other side to connect the gimbal, then follow the above to see whether it works.

No problem, thank you, I am going to try it and then inform you how it worked!
2018-8-6
Use props
JasonPictures
lvl.4
Switzerland

It still dont works.
2018-8-6
Use props
JasonPictures
lvl.4
Switzerland

Same problems:
1. I did everything you say but the indicator keeps flashing red slowly.
2. I switched the recording mode in the app from picture to video but after recording a video I don't have anything on my sd card.
2018-8-6
Use props
JasonPictures
lvl.4
Switzerland

What should I do now?
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jason, sorry for the late response. May I have a short video of your operation for better assistance?
2018-8-8
Use props
JasonPictures
lvl.4
Switzerland

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-8 04:20
Jason, sorry for the late response. May I have a short video of your operation for better assistance?

No problem Susan, I am happy that you are trying to help me. Ive made two videos for you and uploaded them to Dropbox. I am going to describe quickly what you see in the videos so you can help me better. (Just ignore the music in background

1. The first video (MVI_3427.MOV) is for the first problem. "The indicator keeps flashing red slowly".
Like you see, the camera(My loved Nikon D850) is turned on and in PC mode, the cable is plugged into the camera and the gimbal. After all the focus wheel keeps flashing red.

2. Second video (MVI_3430.MOV), second problem. "I can't record a video".
The gimbal is on so as the camera and everything is plugged in. (In this case I use my smartphone as a remote but its the same when I click the record button on the gimbal). First I make a picture in picture mode then I record a video (in video mode). After that I unplug the camera and look at my camera library. The picture I took is normally saved but where is the video I recorded? The answer: Nowhere.

PS: While recording the second video I recognized a third problem: The picture I took is blurred because, as you see in the video, when I took the picture the gimbal makes a short wobbler.

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tf6zpz3jgn1a69y/AACY7va42Znn5fPks6FyZXYva?dl=0

Thank you for your time!
2018-8-8
Use props
JasonPictures
lvl.4
Switzerland

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-8 04:20

Did you see my videos?
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Well received, thank you so much! There are some points need double confirm:
1. Could you read the current firmware of Ronin S and Camera? Make sure both have been updated to the latest version.
2. Did you set the lens focus mode to M/A and camera focus mode to AF?
3. Did the wobbler appear when taking the pictures on the grip? How about recording the video on the grip?
Also, please make sure the camera settings are correct and cable is well-connected, the indicator will change to solid green automatically. Hope this helps.
2018-8-10
Use props
JasonPictures
lvl.4
Switzerland

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-10 01:41
1. Could you read the current firmware of Ronin S and Camera? Make sure both have been updated to the latest version.

Thanks for you reply, Susan. I am quickly going to update the firmware of my Ronin S and then I am going to tell you the status.
2018-8-10
Use props
JasonPictures
lvl.4
Switzerland

I have a little problem updating my Ronin S firmware. Which cable do I have to use to connect my Ronin S to my computer? Is there one in the box? Because nothing happens when Ive plugged it in.
2018-8-10
Use props
JasonPictures
lvl.4
Switzerland

Amazing news, Susan: It works. Everything. The light is green, the focus wheel works, the wobbler is gone and I finally can record a video. Looks like the firmware was the problem
Thank you for your amazing support and have wonderful day!
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

JasonPictures Posted at 2018-8-10 02:26
Amazing news, Susan: It works. Everything. The light is green, the focus wheel works, the wobbler is gone and I finally can record a video. Looks like the firmware was the problem  
Thank you for your amazing support and have wonderful day!

Jason, Susan is not online at this time, but glad to know your issue was figured out, hope you have a great time with Ronin-S.
2018-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules