Agras for Timber Forest Spraying
1462 8 2018-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ufcpa
lvl.1

I'm in the beginning of researching UAV alternatives for spraying herbicides on several large timber properties.  One potenially obvious issue is collision with trees on the properties while operating the UAV.  Does anyone have familiarity with using the Agras in an envirmonment with many obstacles?  Is it feasible to use the Agras to autonomously spray a property and avoid trees in its path, while effectively covering the ground with herbicide?  Thanks in advance.
2018-8-5
Use props
broadlandboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United States

The Agras 1Ms does have a radar for avoidence option. It will depend how close to the trees you want to spray
2018-8-6
Use props
RICARDO CHEES
lvl.4

Peru

Contact Federico Batista from Brazil, he has a lot of experience spraying on tall trees. He is a member of this group.
Below his contact info:
federico.batista@14pix.com
14pix.com
Forum member: fansd531b75c
2018-8-10
Use props
RICARDO CHEES
lvl.4

Peru

2018-8-10
Use props
RICARDO CHEES
lvl.4

Peru

Agree on that, it depends on the distance between trees. The OAR (Obstacle Avoidance Radar) detects any obstacle at a distance of 6 meters, even human or animals walking nearby.  The Agras then stops and hover waiting for manual procedures. The detection range (according to the OAR operations manual) is 50 degrees at the front and 50 degrees at the rear in an horizontal plane and 10 degrees vertical. The maximum speed for the radar to operate is 18 km/h  (or 5 mts./s). In my experience it will be very difficult to operate the Agras between those large trees in smart operation so you will have to fly the Agras manually with a high risk of collision and a very poor performance.
2018-8-10
Use props
RICARDO CHEES
lvl.4

Peru

2018-8-10
Use props
ufcpa
lvl.1

Thanks very much, Ricardo.  I've come to the conclusion that I need a much larger UAV than the Agras for my needs, and am starting to explore other options.  
2018-8-12
Use props
djiuser_XgzveJvFjHxQ
lvl.1

Peru

Does anyone know the pressure with which the drone works? In PSI or bar.

Thanks a lot.
2018-8-29
Use props
richardcoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8816 ft
New Zealand

djiuser_XgzveJvFjHxQ Posted at 8-29 09:04
Does anyone know the pressure with which the drone works? In PSI or bar.

Thanks a lot.

2-4 bar  (25 -53psi) pressure on each wobble type pump oscillating at 70 hertz.
2018-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules