Choppy Video From SD Card
568 6 2018-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5559eb13
lvl.1

Hello,

Can anyone explain why the video that is caputured on my SanDisk 16GB SD card is so choppy? It is the original card that came with the drone. The video that is captured to my cell phone is perfect, but when i pull the SD card and view the videos on my laptop, every single one is so choppy that they are useless. Any ideas or experience with this issue?

Thanks!
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble. Can you please post some sample footages for us to check. Thank you.
2018-8-5
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>

Is it possible that your laptop is not powerful enough?  If you are shooting in 4K for example.  I have the exact same problem with my old laptop, whereas if I record in 1920x 1080 it handles it much better. Lower resolutions are no problem at all.
2018-8-5
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

That's common ... you need to try various players to find one that will play without chops ... it usually is better also if the file is transferred to the PC and not played from the card. Especially if the USB slot / Card slot is of a slow form.

Most people recc'd VLC ... but in fact I have trouble with VLC on my dual processor PC ... but its ok on my other ... With that Dual machine - Windows Media Player seems to do better !

Nigel
2018-8-5
Use props
fans5559eb13
lvl.1

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I tried to upload a sample video, but it locked everything up. I agree with Blériot53 and solentlife that the computer isn't up to snuff when it comes to playing these videos. I've tried every single video player that I was able to find, and they all same the same affect. Looks like it's time to get a new computer. But thanks for the advice!!
2018-8-5
Use props
fans5559eb13
lvl.1

Update: I copied the video file from the SD card to a USB drive (as mentioned by solentlife), then popped the USB into my HiDef TV to view it. It was perfect, so the issue is definitely with the lap top. Thanks again to all!
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans5559eb13 Posted at 2018-8-6 05:28
Update: I copied the video file from the SD card to a USB drive (as mentioned by solentlife), then popped the USB into my HiDef TV to view it. It was perfect, so the issue is definitely with the lap top. Thanks again to all!

Hello there. Glad it was resolved. If you have other question, please let us know. We are here to help you. Thanks for the support and have a safe flight!
2018-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules