Drone lost connection and got lost
1914 20 2018-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
himynameis253
lvl.1
United States

I was using my drone for the second time today and seemed to be getting the hang of it when I lost the visual on my phone. I saw some error message (don't remember what) flash in red and then the app said "device disconnected." The GPS locator shows its last known location where a tree stands. The drone is lost. Is there anything DJI will do to help me in terms of refund or replacement? Is there any way to locate it?
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Pro. Since this issue had happened. The best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at www.dji.com/support to create a ticket for your Drone. Please sync the flight records as well using your DJI Go 4 application.
2018-8-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

If you wish so you may upload your flightrecord to this site and share the link with us: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
The flightrecord is stored in a DJI subfolder on your mobile device. Some experienced pilots here might be able to give you a hint on where to search for your Mavic.
2018-8-5
Use props
himynameis253
lvl.1
United States

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/KSBIGLJ3F358FB4U00SM/
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

himynameis253 Posted at 2018-8-5 10:50
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/KSBIGLJ3F358FB4U00SM/

Hi, please contact our support for our team to start and conduct an investigation and provide an appropriate solution in regards to this issue. Please refer to the link the link that was provided by DJI Stephen. Thank you.
2018-8-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Look at the flightpath on the google earth picture at the top of your flight record. To me it very much looks like you have crashed into a tree at the lower left corner of the golf course. The "motor obstructed" message and the following suggest that. I hope more experienced pilots than I am will be able to tell you more.
2018-8-5
Use props
himynameis253
lvl.1
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-5 11:49
Look at the flightpath on the google earth picture at the top of your flight record. To me it very much looks like you have crashed into a tree at the lower left corner of the golf course. The "motor obstructed" message and the following suggest that. I hope more experienced pilots than I am will be able to tell you more.

I have no doubt that that's what happened, but it can't be found now. Is there any evidence from the record that suggests it was anything other than user error?
2018-8-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

himynameis253 Posted at 2018-8-5 12:27
I have no doubt that that's what happened, but it can't be found now. Is there any evidence from the record that suggests it was anything other than user error?

I do not feel competent to answer that question. Others here might be able to tell you more. And I suggest you also accept the kind offer of DJI Stephen here above to open a support ticked with DJI and let them analyse your flightrecord.
2018-8-5
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Looks like you were doing OK until about the 2m 38.3 sec mark. Given that you were only 13 feet off the ground, I think a tree ate your drone at that point. Though VPS stopped reporting altitude, the IMU kept reporting a steady descent for the next couple of seconds, so you may have hit something and then fallen to the ground. If that happened, somebody may have pick up the drone and walked off with it.
2018-8-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-5 13:23
Looks like you were doing OK until about the 2m 38.3 sec mark. Given that you were only 13 feet off the ground, I think a tree ate your drone at that point. Though VPS stopped reporting altitude, the IMU kept reporting a steady descent for the next couple of seconds, so you may have hit something and then fallen to the ground. If that happened, somebody may have pick up the drone and walked off with it.

This corresponds to my assessment and your conclusion can well be what might have happened. OP should contact golf course management and enquire if anything has been brought/reported by a player etc. Ok, this might also result in embarrassing questions or more...
2018-8-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Have you been able to search for it on the spot or have you enquired with the golf course staff?
2018-8-5
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

himynameis253 Posted at 2018-8-5 12:27

Is there any water there? Close to the blue line on the screenshot?
2018-8-5
Use props
Mikem691
Second Officer
Flight distance : 247474 ft

You were actually 49ft up at the location. Final altitude was negative 46 feet from motor obstructed at 3.6 feet. If the ground sloped down more than that it may be in a tree.
2018-8-5
Use props
himynameis253
lvl.1
United States

G_Sig Posted at 2018-8-5 13:41
Is there any water there? Close to the blue line on the screenshot?
[view_image]

The blue line is water but I inspected the crash site no more than 1-2 minutes after the incident and the water was undisturbed.
2018-8-5
Use props
fans21546423
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

If could have been a bird strike! But more than likely you're hit a tree. The consequent Speed and compass errors are probably where the drone is already upside down tumbling towards the floor.

Take a note of the last reported GPS position and program it into your phone. If your drone is still there ( not been picked up) it more than likely be within a 30 foot radius of its last reported position.  The drone speed was low along with the altitude so it couldn't have gone far. Look in undergrowth and UP in the tree canopy. take a long stick or fishing pole with you ...
2018-8-5
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 408606 ft
  • >>>

By chance, have you tried using the option to "Find My Drone" in the DJI GO 4 app?  Use the Red Boxes.

2018-8-5
Use props
Kirby Harrison 3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251558 ft
United Kingdom

Don't waste your time mate dji will just say pilot error and do nothing. Even when it a drone fault
2018-8-5
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Kirby Harrison 3 Posted at 2018-8-5 16:55
Don't waste your time mate dji will just say pilot error and do nothing. Even when it a drone fault

NONSENSE! Don't believe a word of this fools advise. Dji has often, and under every single circumstance, admitted fault, when it was on them. It is clear though that this flight was pilot error. Sorry to say that , but , your elevation was what caused you to fly in to the tree. The quad is in the tree. These lemonheads that claim DJI will always blame you are foolish,  misinformed, uneducated,  and their statement of such nonsense is simply NOT true. 99.9999999999% of crashes and flyaways are indeed pilot error. Mostly due to the fact that 99.99999999999% of the operators of these DJI products, are not PILOTS. Hope you find your quad and DJI will work with you on this. Do as they  have asked of you, and submit a ticket with logs. They are here to help, regardless of what some schmuck called Kirby would have you think.
2018-8-5
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

You better try to get your drone back. It’s difficult to proof DJI need to take responsibility without the aircraft.

It’s not a good idea to fly low close to trees. You should fly high enough to clear away from objects below. The signal also easier to drop when flying low.
2018-8-5
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10337090 ft
Canada

height is your friend, someone had told me that before and I listened to their advice which has kept me out of trouble.
2018-8-6
Use props
himynameis253
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-5 11:19
Hi, please contact our support for our team to start and conduct an investigation and provide an appropriate solution in regards to this issue. Please refer to the link the link that was provided by DJI Stephen. Thank you.

I started a tech support case over a week ago and provided the flight data by both syncing it to the server and emailing the txt file. Yet the only response I have received (twice now) is a canned email instructing me to sync the flight data, which I have already done multiple times per the instructions in the video tutorial. This is getting very, very irritating.
2018-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules