4584 9 2018-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyRi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 708842 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Can tilt motor be used on the left or right side? If I use Sony FS5 it would be nice to turn position that gimbal motor from right to left side  
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi FlyRi, just to verify, do you refer to the Ronin S? I'm not sure of your point, may I have more details for better assistance? Thanks in advance!
2018-8-6
Use props
FlyRi
lvl.2
  • >>>
Croatia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-6 02:01
Hi FlyRi, just to verify, do you refer to the Ronin S? I'm not sure of your point, may I have more details for better assistance? Thanks in advance!

Yes, for Ronin S.
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Could you offer more details? I've no idea of your point, sorry about this.
2018-8-8
Use props
FlyRi
lvl.2
  • >>>
Croatia

Can ronin work with this motor on the other side ?

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-8 05:02
Could you offer more details? I've no idea of your point, sorry about this.

2018-8-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'll check with our engineers and will keep you updated.
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Update: I just got an update from our engineers that this might be available if you upside down the camera or use the upright mode. The pictures will be upside down if the camera is inverted, please kindly note and understand.
2018-8-13
Use props
Cameko Sam
lvl.2

Spain

I have a brand new BlackMagic Pocket 4k camera. AFAIK, it can't be balanced on the Ronin-S without adding an extra plate to move the camera farther to the left. I wouldn't want to do that. And I don't want to shoot with the camera upside down (UI would be a pain to use, footage would have to be rotated in post, screen would be difficult to see because it's fixed but tilted upwards).

The very simple solution is to set the gimbal so that the tilt motor is on the left (this camera has a big handle on the right). This would have the added benefit that I could swap CFast cards and batteries without taking the camera out of the gimbal (which is something that I do every time I use a gimbal, as opposed to plugging cables to the left side of the camera, which I never do when on a gimbal anyway).

My old Nebula4000 was designed like this. My current Zhiyun Crane was designed for right-side-motor setup but can go left-side-motor by switching to upside-down mode (with two problems: first, it can't remember the setting, it always wakes up in right-side-motor mode; and second, it has fixed base plate and can't be balanced with the p4k unless I add plates to move the camera farther back).

The Ronin-S is a bit heavy for my taste but seems to have stellar performance. I would switch to that if it could be configured semi-permanently for left-side motor operation.
2018-10-29
Use props
Cameko Sam
lvl.2

Spain

Just to clarify, this is how I want to set up my gimbal. I can't plug any cables but I have easy access to all the controls, and can swap batteries and cards without taking the camera away. This setup that I managed on my current Zhiyun Crane is good enough for now, but please DJI bring out a smaller vesion of the Ronin-S that's specifically tailored for the p4k

(sorry for the blurry pics, it seems my phone is not great at focusing on very dark gear)

2018-11-4
Use props
h5k
lvl.1
Flight distance : 217221 ft
Germany

I wanted to do the same for my D850, but then it came in my mind that you can't just disassemble it and mount in reverse order as there are cables for the RSS connector inside. I think some DJI could do it and mount the pan motor slider the other way round. Is there any reason why this isn't possible, except that the Ronin logo is upside down?
2018-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules