Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First promotion video
769 12 2018-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ray_Drone_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 531640 ft
Brazil

Hello All,

I finished my first project which I made for a rehabilitation centre here in Sao Paulo. This is not a commercial video but I like to share it with the members here to see what you guys think any tips or trics are always welcome so I can learn something from it.

I hope you guys will enjoy the video.

Grtz

Ray
2018-8-5
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Ray,

Your concept is very understandable, we all have to start somewhere.  I am sure you can tell that video speeds were somewhat problematic.  If you record in 4K at 30 frames per second or 2K at 60 FPS, you can downsize almost every dimension of those videos in post-production.  

Some of the fast clips were entertaining, but do you want those clips to be entertaining?  You did get many juxtapositions very well.  They showed a lot of artistic thought.  The flags worked well for you and the soccer game with the fast "ants" running everywhere might work but you have to determine how that would work out.  They were really the only running in the video so they stood out.

As a first project, you have something to be proud of because you put it out there.  You need to find a video editor that you like and can work with.  There are many free ones out there that you can start with and eventually you might want to buy one with some bells and whistles that do what you really want them to do.  Video editors generally operate in a similar manner so you can gain experience with each effort.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-5
Use props
TimDerLauch
lvl.3

For the first project, this is pretty good ! But I think, the quality is unstable (Did u used movie maker ?). Make more
2018-8-5
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
Second Officer
Brazil

Cetacean Posted at 2018-8-5 21:36
Aloha Ray,

Your concept is very understandable, we all have to start somewhere.  I am sure you can tell that video speeds were somewhat problematic.  If you record in 4K at 30 frames per second or 2K at 60 FPS, you can downsize almost every dimension of those videos in post-production.  

Cetacean,

Thanks a lot for your critique I really appreciate it. I changed the speed for several clips for two reasons.

1) It gives a nice effect
2) I did not want to make the video too long but there were a coupe of clips that I wanted to put in the video so I thought if I play them faster I can place more clips in the same time span ;)

What are Juxtapositions? I really have no idea.

I think any video should be entertaining so the person who watch it will keep its interest, or do I have this point wrong?

I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC which after some weeks I start to comprehend but it is a huge program so it will take some time before understanding the prorgam completely.

Thanks a lot
2018-8-6
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
Second Officer
Brazil

TimDerLauch Posted at 2018-8-5 23:28
For the first project, this is pretty good ! But I think, the quality is unstable (Did u used movie maker ?). Make more

Thanks, I used Adobe Photoshop Premiere CC, and all recordings were wade in 4K with 30FPS
2018-8-6
Use props
TimDerLauch
lvl.3

Ray_Drone_Pilot Posted at 2018-8-6 05:51
Thanks, I used Adobe Photoshop Premiere CC, and all recordings were wade in 4K with 30FPS

Ok, but its very good !
2018-8-6
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
Second Officer
Brazil

Thanks Tim offcourse I continue to try to make nice videos. I like to fly and try to get nice footage and the editing process is real fun to. Anybody know some good courses regarding Adobe premiere and make good drone footage?
2018-8-6
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ray_Drone_Pilot Posted at 2018-8-6 05:50
Cetacean,

Thanks a lot for your critique I really appreciate it. I changed the speed for several clips for two reasons.

Aloha Ray,

Yes, these are all good points.  What I said was only for your consideration.  You want the final product to come out smooth to help with the entertainment value but the younger audience is not so concerned about that.  I am in the older category.

juxtapositions:  The fact of two things being seen or placed close together with contrasting effect.  "the juxtaposition of these two images"  Basically it makes the viewer think, a good effect.

You will get better as time goes on and you already have a head-start!  Looking forward to more.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-6
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I think a very good first effort.
If you dont mind im going to be blunt and to the point with a few tips to make it a little more easier to watch.
1. Slow down...... your panning left and right also up and down were too fast. Try using tripod mode this will slow the movement of the drone down and give a more cinematic look to your videos.
2. When circling an object you could use point of interest mode this will lock onto a central point keeping your camera focused on that point while you can concetrate on flying the drone.
3. Your choice of music i felt suited the clip very well ....... its important to try and match your background music to the clip and not overwhelm it or be inappropriate.
4. Try adding in a few transition effects during post production this makes things come together a bit smoother.
5. Many pilots not all but many pilots will try to hide out of the cameras view...... the reason being the audience will posibly focus on that individual just standing there doing nothing even if there is movement or other features in the video.
6. Use your imagination and find what you like and what style you like dont be afraid to play around with the camera settings and different modes these can create some really nice special effects by just changing a couple of small things.

All in all great job keep practicing
2018-8-6
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
Second Officer

Cetacean and Hellsgate thank you so much for your comments I really appreciate the tips.

I used Litchi and programmed in advance a circle with a POI, also used tripod mode but my rudder was to much as you can see clearly in the beginning of the video. Training is the remedy for this im sure at the moment i have only 18 hours of flying. I hope to get more these kind of projects but anyhow I can go out and find nice places and just fiddle around to learn.

Again thank you very much for your comment, surley there is more to come.

Greetings

Ray
2018-8-7
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
Second Officer

ps I just bought some Polar Pro ND filters and an extra battery to have some more flying time ;)
2018-8-7
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Very, very nice and I really liked the song.  One of my favorites.
2018-8-7
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
Second Officer

Thanks Alabama IMO it really suites this place and the work the people do at this rehabilitation centre
2018-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules