Night Flight Mavic Pro
6325 14 2018-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jannistmb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 516161 ft
  • >>>

Hey guys i would like to have some advice about flying my mavic pro  during the night.I want to make an aerial video around a beach bar during the night full of people.The video will be manual point of interest.Which settings are reccomended?And what about the control of the drone should i put off the sensors?i want to be sure about a stable flight and safe the drone i will keep it close to be able to see it.Thanks
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry, unfortunately, it's not really advisable to fly the drone in night-time as the obstacle avoidance will not work properly due to the condition of the environment. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-5
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2730026 ft
  • >>>
United States

Permission first then Tripod Mode since the obstacle avoidance will be useless. PLEASE maintain line of sight. And remember, Tripod also slows down the reaction time when stopping the craft.
2018-8-5
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Auto focus is not stable at night so you have to use manual focus (not easy while shooting video).

At night, the higher and far distance you shoot the object the video is better.

Good luck.
2018-8-5
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

You'll lose a lot of the safety features built into the drone doing this. Not sure I would want to try this unless it was using Waypoint mode in the wide open spaces.
2018-8-5
Use props
Lonesome Crow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>

Anytime a person or business wants to fly a drone after civil twilight (30 minutes after sunset), they need a night waiver.

Once you obtain the night waiver, you operate under the restrictions in the waiver. One of the requirements says the drone must have an anti-collision light that is visible for at least 3 statute miles. There are after market anti-collision lights you can attach to your drone if it is not equipped with sufficient lighting.
2018-8-5
Use props
Jannistmb
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-5 11:23
Hi, thanks for the inquiry, unfortunately, it's not really advisable to fly the drone in night-time as the obstacle avoidance will not work properly due to the condition of the environment. Thank you for the support.

Thank you very much for the info sadly thats a job who i must do i will be very careful i suposs.
2018-8-5
Use props
Jannistmb
lvl.4
  • >>>

dwin1977 Posted at 2018-8-5 11:33
Permission first then Tripod Mode since the obstacle avoidance will be useless. PLEASE maintain line of sight. And remember, Tripod also slows down the reaction time when stopping the craft.

Thank you very much i will be in a balcony so i will be able to see the drone all the time i hope everything will go fine.
2018-8-5
Use props
Jannistmb
lvl.4
  • >>>

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2018-8-5 11:43
Auto focus is not stable at night so you have to use manual focus (not easy while shooting video).

At night, the higher and far distance you shoot the object the video is better.

Thank you for the reply this is the important for me if i do it i am curious how i can play with the camera settings to have the best  results they are not many chances about it.
2018-8-5
Use props
Jannistmb
lvl.4
  • >>>

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-5 13:09
You'll lose a lot of the safety features built into the drone doing this. Not sure I would want to try this unless it was using Waypoint mode in the wide open spaces.

Thank you for your reply sadly i must do it i will use tripod mode and i will plan from before how they will the altitude and how i will make my point of interest,
2018-8-5
Use props
Jannistmb
lvl.4
  • >>>

Lonesome Crow Posted at 2018-8-5 15:06
Anytime a person or business wants to fly a drone after civil twilight (30 minutes after sunset), they need a night waiver.

Once you obtain the night waiver, you operate under the restrictions in the waiver. One of the requirements says the drone must have an anti-collision light that is visible for at least 3 statute miles. There are after market anti-collision lights you can attach to your drone if it is not equipped with sufficient lighting.

thank you for your reply thats a great advice the good think is they will be many lights in this area so i think it will be easier.
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jannistmb Posted at 2018-8-5 17:49
Thank you very much for the info sadly thats a job who i must do i will be very careful i suposs.

Hi, thanks for the response. Ensure that you do have permission to fly your drone in the specific area and you can consider putting propeller guards on your aircraft for safety purposes as well. Thank you
2018-8-6
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Jannistmb Posted at 2018-8-5 17:52
Thank you for the reply this is the important for me if i do it i am curious how i can play with the camera settings to have the best  results they are not many chances about it.

The camera settings depends on how the brightness is where you will shoot at night? therefore, I can't say what camera settings is good for you. You try this while hovering there.

One more thing, shooting while hovering is much better than while moving.  
2018-8-6
Use props
Jannistmb
lvl.4
  • >>>

Thanks for your tips i will try my best and i hope everything will go fine.
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jannistmb Posted at 2018-8-6 13:39
Thanks for your tips i will try my best and i hope everything will go fine.

Please don't hesitate to reach us whenever you need our help. Thank you.
2018-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules