Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Really Bad Horizon Drift. Inspire 2 Horizon Gimbal Drift.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hover10
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I just updated my Inspire 2 and all peripheries after not flying for a few months. Now there is terrible drift in the camera's horizon. It also drifts quite a bit when I come to a stop in all axes. I have all the stock settings on the gimbal controls after firmware update. Is this a simple setting fix that I have forgot over time? Or does this thing need to get serviced?

IMG_7176.JPG
2018-8-5
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Looks like yours is tilting the horizon much like the one in this thread:  https://forum.dji.com/thread-160252-1-1.html   Seems like a severe bug has been introduced.

I noticed when I did the recent firmware update that the X5S camera gimbal made a lot of noises and I could see it shaking a bit while doing its IMU calibration.  Don't know why it does that or noticed that before either.  Compass calibration was quiet.

Only thing I did notice was the camera appeared to point straight ahead and not slightly off to the left as it did prior.  Haven't flown it yet.
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to remount the camera? Did you try to calibrate the gimbal?
2018-8-5
Use props
kerofai
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1446329 ft
United Kingdom

Same Gimbal issues from the previous firmware plus disconnection issues, image transmission issues, lack of aircraft stability, landing gear errors from the very latest firmware.  Many people posting on Facebook with same issues after update.
2018-8-6
Use props
Hover10
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-5 23:41
Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to remount the camera? Did you try to calibrate the gimbal?

Hi Wanda. Yes, I have flown many times at different locations that required the camera to be remounted. The gimbal has been calibrated many times. The gimbal is balanced perfectly. This drone pays my bills. I need a solution fast. Thanks for your time.
2018-8-6
Use props
Hover10
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Hover10 Posted at 2018-8-6 08:57
Hi Wanda. Yes, I have flown many times at different locations that required the camera to be remounted. The gimbal has been calibrated many times. The gimbal is balanced perfectly. This drone pays my bills. I need a solution fast. Thanks for your time.

Solved, at least for now, with an IMU calibration!
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hover10 Posted at 2018-8-6 20:35
Solved, at least for now, with an IMU calibration!

Alright. Let us know if you still need help.
2018-8-7
Use props
IntrepidDrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 3620226 ft

Same issues here, but also with gimbal drift back again. Received the i2 back from Dji recently with the gimbal drift resolved. Unfortunately this latest firmware has reintroduced it again, which is very frustrating.  Also have terrible tilted horizon since update. Will try IMU calibration to see if resolves. Have a job on tomorrow so this is bad news.  Think i'll roll back to previous firmware until this get's ironed out.
2018-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules