Crystal Sky Ultra 7.85
1558 11 2018-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ligurobsidian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 243425 ft
Italy

I experienced problems using DJI Crystal Sky Ultra Bright monitor 7.85 on my Phantom 3 professional. The images were not fluid so I tried to reinstall the firmware with no changes. In the page of the video channel there were two red bars (unstable quality) on the channel 19 and 20. Using my smartphone there were no problems. I sent back to the licensed seller the screen and the mounting bracket to test it. They said there were no problems. Is it normal? Any suggestions?
2018-8-5
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Ligur,

Yes, there can be issues with specific channels which is why you pick and use the channels that do not have the problems.  The vender was right to send the unit back to you.  Read the manual and try different channels to see what works for you.  There are like 15-20 more channels.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-5
Use props
Ligurobsidian
lvl.1
Italy

Cetacean Posted at 2018-8-5 19:57
Aloha Ligur,

Yes, there can be issues with specific channels which is why you pick and use the channels that do not have the problems.  The vender was right to send the unit back to you.  Read the manual and try different channels to see what works for you.  There are like 15-20 more channels.

Thank you for your reply. I tried to change the channels with no results. If I use the Crystal Sky monitor there's the problem, if I use my smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) it's all ok without changing channels...  a mistery for me!
2018-8-6
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ligurobsidian Posted at 2018-8-6 05:38
Thank you for your reply. I tried to change the channels with no results. If I use the Crystal Sky monitor there's the problem, if I use my smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) it's all ok without changing channels...  a mistery for me!

Aloha Ligur,

One other tip.  I had a hard time getting settings to stay and then I realized that "Blue" is the enabled color.  Since then I have had better results if I touched a spot and it turned blue.  Then I knew it was going in the right direction and if I touched to save or enable a setting and it turned blue, it generally stayed.  But settings can be changed with updates and other conditions.  Good luck!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-6
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24572349 ft
  • >>>
United States

shouldn't have to fo through all this for a screen that is so expensive or any screen for that matter.  The reviews I have read in amazon have kept me from trying it. Im having trouble with my iPad mini4. in the heat. Although recommended by DJI as a top tablet the outdated processor in iPad minis apparently can't handle the app or the heat
2018-8-9
Use props
Ligurobsidian
lvl.1
Italy

JJMik Posted at 2018-8-9 07:05
shouldn't have to fo through all this for a screen that is so expensive or any screen for that matter.  The reviews I have read in amazon have kept me from trying it. Im having trouble with my iPad mini4. in the heat. Although recommended by DJI as a top tablet the outdated processor in iPad minis apparently can't handle the app or the heat

I usually use my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with my Phantom 3 Professional and is fine, the Crystal Sky Ultra could have been a beautiful choice because it's bigger brighter, smart... but the images aren't fluid so be carefull it would be better to test the screen before you buy it...
2018-8-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please show us a sample video that shows the problem? So for us to check it and give you the right solution. Thank you.
2018-8-9
Use props
Ligurobsidian
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-9 13:01
Hi, I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please show us a sample video that shows the problem? So for us to check it and give you the right solution. Thank you.

Unfortunately I have no more the Crystal Sky Ultra because I sent back it  to the licensed seller. But on the channel page there were two red bars (unstable quality) as you can see in the picture below. No difference changing the channel numbers. Using my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge in the same conditions there were no problems.
2018-8-9
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ligurobsidian Posted at 2018-8-9 15:36
Unfortunately I have no more the Crystal Sky Ultra because I sent back it  to the licensed seller. But on the channel page there were two red bars (unstable quality) as you can see in the picture below. No difference changing the channel numbers. Using my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge in the same conditions there were no problems.
[view_image]

Aloha Ligur,

This screen capture is of your Ultra running DJI GO 4 HD in Auto Mode.  You have to touch "Custom" to get to the good stuff.  There you can pick a lower "Image Transmission Code Rate" and even a different Work Frequency of 2.4 or 5.8 GHz.  These are settings besides the transmission frequency option.

So, press on Custom and it will turn Blue.  Then things will start working right!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-9
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Ligurobsidian Posted at 2018-8-9 15:36
Unfortunately I have no more the Crystal Sky Ultra because I sent back it  to the licensed seller. But on the channel page there were two red bars (unstable quality) as you can see in the picture below. No difference changing the channel numbers. Using my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge in the same conditions there were no problems.
[view_image]

That is not abnormal and indicates that at the moment the photo was taken that the signal to noise ratio was quite low on channels 19 & 20. Because it is on auto select it would have chosen one of the less noisy channels for transmission. In auto mode it will change channel automatically if too much noise starts to appear. So normally this would be the best option to use.
2018-8-10
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Cetacean Posted at 2018-8-9 21:37
Aloha Ligur,

This screen capture is of your Ultra running DJI GO 4 HD in Auto Mode.  You have to touch "Custom" to get to the good stuff.  There you can pick a lower "Image Transmission Code Rate" and even a different Work Frequency of 2.4 or 5.8 GHz.  These are settings besides the transmission frequency option.

In EU custom selection is not an option by default, I think it ties in with the radio regulations and not transmitting on a fixed channel to avoid generating interference.

A quote from a Wiki article on 2.4GHz:-

Many video senders on the market in the UK advertise a 100 mW equivalent isotropically radiated power (EIRP). However, the UK market only permits a 10 mW EIRP limit. These devices cause far more interference across a far wider area, due to their excessive power. Furthermore, UK video senders are required to operate across a 20 MHz bandwidth (not to be confused with 20 MHz deviation). This means that some foreign imported video senders are not legal since they operate on a 15 MHz bandwidth or lower, which causes a higher spectral power density, increasing the interference. Furthermore, most other countries permit 100 mW EIRP for video senders, meaning a lot of video senders in the UK have excessive power outputs.[
2018-8-10
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-8-10 15:19
In EU custom selection is not an option by default, I think it ties in with the radio regulations and not transmitting on a fixed channel to avoid generating interference.

A quote from a Wiki article on 2.4GHz:-

Aloha Aardvark,

Oops!!!  You are right, I forgot Ligur is in Italy!  This may be the second time I screwed up on this problem.  It is the old age, I tell ya!!!!

So, what do you recommend this guy do?  He already returned the Ultra and he says the Galaxy S7 Edge works OK.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules