Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MAVIC PRO BAROMETER ERROR
10699 28 2018-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_3rDGBDwFXihE
Flight distance : 243999 ft
Greece

Hello,

I'v eccounter this error on my DJI mavic pro, that says that "barometer encountered data exception" I've noticed that this stays for a while in screen but it goes away after a bit and lets me take off.  I'm still trying to figure out how to solve this since i dont want to fly my drone with any issues that could cause me to loose my drone.

Anyone ever had this issue? Any help would be appreciated.

What i've done is
At latest firmware, i've done calibraton on IMU, and still receive the same error
Downgraded the firmware and calibrated IMU and still received the error

(Right now i'm upgrading to the latest firmware, and will do another IMU calibration hopefully that changes the things a bit )

2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. Did you try to reinstall the application and recalibrate the drone?
2018-8-6
Use props
Apollon
Greece

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-6 02:50
Hello there. Did you try to reinstall the application and recalibrate the drone?

Hi Wanda,

So i've reinstalled the app, Recalibrate the IMU. Took it outside Calibrated the compass, Seemed there was no issue in the beginning, then i turned it off, and on again. The message came back, it stays for a couple of moments and then goes away.

I've noticed that the message does not stay there for the whole, then the drones makes  auto switches between ATTI,GPS mode, and then it let's me fly.

I don't mean to make this complicated, please let me know if it's safe to fly or i need to do anything else.
2018-8-6
Use props
Apollon
Greece

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-6 04:19
Can you provide the firmware version of the aircraft, remote and app? We will forward this concern to our engineers.

Firmware
V01.04.0300
V01.04.0300

DJI GO 4
Version 4.2.24

I will try and update again to the newest firmware and do the exact same thing see if anything changes.
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Apollon Posted at 2018-8-6 04:26
Firmware
V01.04.0300
V01.04.0300

Hi. Just to confirm, does the aircraft status suddenly change to fly mode? Can you provide a screenshot or video showing the problem?
2018-8-6
Use props
Apollon
Greece

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-6 04:30
Hi. Just to confirm, does the aircraft status suddenly change to fly mode? Can you provide a screenshot or video showing the problem?

I've included 2 files, so one of them i took it out and had the issue i mentioned, as soon as the issue went away i had no more issues poping out, even after i restarted the mavic pro.

I will try to do the exact thing to a different ground, and not in my area, since i'm wondering could the ground make it have these issues ?
2018-8-6
Use props
Apollon
Greece

Hello Wanda,

I'm trying to upgrade my drone to the latest firmware, and it's bugged i think, The upgrade options are not showing off, neither to the drone or to the controller. I tried to update the drone via the Phone, but it did not work out also. (As every time i was clicking on the download file, it was automatically paused )  

Here you can check a video

2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Apollon Posted at 2018-8-6 09:03
Hello Wanda,

I'm trying to upgrade my drone to the latest firmware, and it's bugged i think, The upgrade options are not showing off, neither to the drone or to the controller. I tried to update the drone via the Phone, but it did not work out also. (As every time i was clicking on the download file, it was automatically paused )  

Hi, sorry for the late response. I would recommend restoring factory defaults and update the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 afterward please reboot the aircraft then re-calibrate the IMU and compass. Please see the link below for download link and video tutorial.

https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads- DJI Assistant 2

2018-8-6
Use props
Apollon
Greece

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-6 14:55
Hi, sorry for the late response. I would recommend restoring factory defaults and update the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 afterward please reboot the aircraft then re-calibrate the IMU and compass. Please see the link below for download link and video tutorial.

https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads- DJI Assistant 2

Hi Tony,

i've followed the steps you asked me, Thing is that

I did restore factory defaults, but nothing changed, ( new or old firmwares were not showing  still ) so i calibrated the IMU, and compass after the factory reset that i just did. And there is still not the firmware updates showing up.
2018-8-6
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Have you downgraded the DJI Go 4 app to see the result? Sorry if i overlooked someone elses same responce.
2018-8-6
Use props
Apollon
Greece

rolling56 Posted at 2018-8-6 16:02
Have you downgraded the DJI Go 4 app to see the result? Sorry if i overlooked someone elses same responce.

How can i downgrade the DJI go 4 app ?

I've currently encounter

1: Barometer error

2: And Firmware upgrade not available

For barometer i've followed what DJI tony had to say,

For Firmware i don't know yet, is there any way to do it through an SD card?
2018-8-6
Use props
Dorset_Horn
First Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft

I'm certainly not doing the firmware download till these threads stop appearing!
2018-8-6
Use props
Apollon
Greece

hello Wanda,

Do we have any news ?

I also wanna let you know now the Upgrade does not show at all, and whenever is doing a check it says that it's updated to the latest version even if it's not.

Even so, i took off the drone on a small distance and there is no issues at all with it. It behaves totally fine, it's just that these errors come, and they go after a bit.

What can i do ?
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Apollon Posted at 2018-8-7 01:04
hello Wanda,

Do we have any news ?

Hello there. Sorry for the late response. I already raised this up to our engineers. We'll keep you updated once we get an answer from them. We apologize for the inconvenience.
2018-8-7
Use props
Apollon
Greece

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-7 01:30
Hello there. Sorry for the late response. I already raised this up to our engineers. We'll keep you updated once we get an answer from them. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Hello Wanda,

i've wanted to update you with my issue,

So i've managed to upgrade my DJI mavic pro to the latest firmware by using a different USB Cable.
I've made the upgrades both on aircraft and on controller,

I've run calibrations on IMU and Compass, and i took it out for a flight. What i've noticed is that there was again a barometer error, so i calibrated my compass again and i think that made it go away.  

I took it back indoors, and took it again after outside my house to try it out. And i had again the barometer error. I calibrated the compass again and that made it go away.

Is this normal ? and is it safe to fly?
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. Thank you for the update. Did it suffer from a hard landing or did it crashed once?
2018-8-8
Use props
Apollon
Greece

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-8 04:17
Hello there. Thank you for the update. Did it suffer from a hard landing or did it crashed once?

Hi Wanda,

It never had any crashes or hard landings.

I've been receiving this error lately, most of the times it shows that it's an Barometer error, and when barometer error it quickly shows an  Altitude error but this error shows only few times, which fades away quickly and lets me fly.  Shall i try and calibrate IMU again?

(Edited this one )

by the way i just tried again put it outside and still the same error ( barometer error )
2018-8-8
Use props
Apollon
Greece

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-8 04:17
Hello there. Thank you for the update. Did it suffer from a hard landing or did it crashed once?

Also another question.

Do you believe that cause i'm in a cool environment inside the house with AC on, and i take the drone outside my house right away, where is very hot weather. Might cause the barometer issue ? due to changes of weather and humility ?
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Apollon Posted at 2018-8-8 04:26
Hi Wanda,

It never had any crashes or hard landings.

Please export your flight logs for analysis. You may refer to this tutorial:
2018-8-8
Use props
Apollon
Greece

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-8 04:41
Please export your flight logs for analysis. You may refer to this tutorial: https://youtu.be/SMb1RD5pPOg

Would you like all the data or the most recent one ?
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Apollon Posted at 2018-8-8 05:10
Would you like all the data or the most recent one ?

You may export the data of before and after you got the error.
2018-8-8
Use props
Apollon
Greece

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-8 05:15
You may export the data of before and after you got the error.

Barometer Data Error

Hi i'm attaching this hope it helps.  Most of the data was from todays date,

Also i couldn't find very old data so i attached this one, might that be that the factory reset deletes some of that data ?

2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Thank you so much for that. We'll forward this to our engineers. Your patience will be much appreciated.
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Apollon, we just got an update from our engineers that it is the hardware issue, instead of misinformation. We sincerely suggest to start a case and send it in: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index Sorry about this. The local team will take care once the package arrived.
2018-8-9
Use props
Apollon
Greece

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-9 00:23
Hi Apollon, we just got an update from our engineers that it is the hardware issue, instead of misinformation. We sincerely suggest to start a case and send it in: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index Sorry about this. The local team will take care once the package arrived.

Hi Susan, I am currently in Greece with girlfriend, i'm not going to be back in US for a few months what shall i do about it until then ?
2018-8-9
Use props
Apollon
Greece

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-9 00:23
Hi Apollon, we just got an update from our engineers that it is the hardware issue, instead of misinformation. We sincerely suggest to start a case and send it in: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index Sorry about this. The local team will take care once the package arrived.

I was also wondering do i need to send the whole product? Or only the drone itself ?
Another thing, Who pays for the shipping ? am i to be charged with the shipping expenses ?||

Cause i'm afraid that might end up being around 200$ For a round around to the service and back..
2018-8-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Apollon Posted at 2018-8-9 01:30
I was also wondering do i need to send the whole product? Or only the drone itself ?
Another thing, Who pays for the shipping ? am i to be charged with the shipping expenses ?||

Apollon, just to verify, where did you purchase the drone? If it is purchased from the US, I'm afraid that you may not enjoy warranty service in EU due to the warranty is not global, please kindly note and understand.
2018-8-10
Use props
Apollon
Greece

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-10 02:05
Apollon, just to verify, where did you purchase the drone? If it is purchased from the US, I'm afraid that you may not enjoy warranty service in EU due to the warranty is not global, please kindly note and understand.

Hi DJI Susan,

I've purchased my drone in USA, but right now as i mention above i'm on holidays with my girlfriend in Greece, I've purchased this in hopes that i can use it for my travels. But since this hardware issue i cant use it for the main reason i bought it. What am i to do now with my problematic drone? Am i to ship it back in the USA? and who will cover the expenses?  And how long will it take to somehow receive the drone back ? I'm planning on staying in Greece for 2 more months so i'm hoping i can at least somehow use it before i get back to the US.

Thanks in Advance
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Apollon Posted at 2018-8-10 04:44
Hi DJI Susan,

I've purchased my drone in USA, but right now as i mention above i'm on holidays with my girlfriend in Greece, I've purchased this in hopes that i can use it for my travels. But since this hardware issue i cant use it for the main reason i bought it. What am i to do now with my problematic drone? Am i to ship it back in the USA? and who will cover the expenses?  And how long will it take to somehow receive the drone back ? I'm planning on staying in Greece for 2 more months so i'm hoping i can at least somehow use it before i get back to the US.

Thanks for the clarification. As the unit was purchased from the US, you may send the unit to the US for the warranty claim, DJI will burden the shipping cost within the US, I'm afraid that you may burden the shipping cost from the UK to the US.
2018-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules