Gimbal not in the center
2221 10 2015-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michaelalberts
New

Netherlands

Hello Everyone,

My name is mike and i hope you can help me. Im new here and with the DJI. I have a DJI Pantom 2 Vision plus. I have a problem with my gimbal. Somehow it is not alligned to the center. I mean if im flying and i make a video, the camera is not in the center. It stays al few degrees to the left so when im filming, the left landing gear is in the picture. Is there a solution or does anyone now how to fix it? Because it makes the videos bad. I have a example on youtube, so you can see what the issue is. You can check it here: https://youtu.be/eEoW61lL8yc

I hope you really can help me.

Thank you already for your time.

Gr. Mike
2015-5-24
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

First thing is to center the gimbaal and look at the shaft in the base to see if the flat edge is parallel with the gimbal.see photo. Then check the set screw to see if it is tight or had vibrated loose.

Set screw

Set screw
image.jpg
2015-5-25
Use props
michaelalberts
New

Netherlands

Thank you. It seems that the flat edge is al little bit not straight in the center position How can i fix this?
2015-5-25
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

ls the unit brand new or used/reconditioned?
2015-5-25
Use props
michaelalberts
New

Netherlands

ìt was used. Second hand.
2015-5-25
Use props
michaelalberts
New

Netherlands

Update: I tried to to get the shaft, parallel with the gimbal camera. It is not possible. When i put the screw back in position and screw him tight, the shaft is placing back in the old position. I think somehow its a software issue. If i put the camera in the middle position it fals back in the old position. Even when the power is off. Its balancing at a point. Is it possible to reset the gimbal or downgrade the software and put the software again for the gimbal. I think this is the issue
2015-5-26
Use props
adrianjacobs
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Does the camera just point downwards?  Can you use the gimbal control on the remote controller and/or the vision app to point the camera horizontally?
2015-5-26
Use props
michaelalberts
New

Netherlands

The camera is not the problem. The Gimbal is the problem. The camera goes up and down with the control. The problem is it is not filming straigt on in the middle. To the center
If you see the movie at the head of this thread you see he is filming a few degrees to the left. You can see the tip of the landing gear.
2015-5-26
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

michaelalberts@ Posted at 2015-5-26 21:15
The camera is not the problem. The Gimbal is the problem. The camera goes up and down with the contr ...

There is no software adjustment for centering the gimbal Yaw axis,  so I think you have to find a way to adjust it hardware wise.
2015-5-26
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

It is likely it is askew from a crash.  if it is point straight down it is not actually pointing slightly left BUT the axis if BEND left so recentering the gimbal will not help.  I have not ever taken one apart and I am not sure it can be straightened.  You may need to replace it.
2015-5-27
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-5-25 18:14
First thing is to center the gimbaal and look at the shaft in the base to see if the flat edge is pa ...

Roy - I have a P2V+ (V2) that has never been crashed and is still flying with its original props. As time has gone on I recently noticed a slight issue in my videos when it comes to yaw. If I turned to the left in my videos the horizon was nice and level and the camera certainly would return to its center position when it comes to its vertical axis. Now the funny thing is if I turned to the right at times my horizon seemed a bit off as if my camera was not returning to its center axis in my videos. Keep in mind it was ever so slight. In seeing your pictures the shaft in the base of my gimbal appears straight for that matter the gimbal seemed to be straight. For the heck of it I loosened the set screw shown in your picture and turned the gimbal arm just a hair. Sure enough it effected the horizon in applying right yaw input in my controller. Amazing in my opinion that the center being off center ever so slightly can effect performance in knocking my videos horizon off by a couple of degrees. Just did a bit of ground testing in applying left and right yaw moments with my camera focused on an object in the center. Sure enough it seems to be returning to center as it should. In my case the P2V+ I am talking about has well over 250 flights on it and it never so much as even has had one rough landing (I perform hand catch landings 99% of the time). I suppose over time my gimbal arm shifted ever so slightly which seems to have been the culprit. Thanks for sharing your pics and suggestion.  
2015-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules