Firmwareupdate with Assistant Software
1378 22 2018-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
.Marcus
New

hello,
I tried to do the firmware update today. I got the notification in the DJI GO app. but the update skippes immidiantly to pause when I start it. So I connected the Mavic Platinium to my computer and started the Assistant Software. The software finds the drone but wont show an available Firmware Udate. Same result when I click the refresh button.

any advice? thanks, Marcus

Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-06 um 13.27.59.png
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you are having issues with the firmware update using the DJI Assistant 2. Please check the video below for better understanding on how to update the firmware. We're here to help you. Thank you.

2018-8-6
Use props
.Marcus
New

no, didn't solved my problem. I did everything like in the video but still don't get an available update
2018-8-6
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-6 04:45
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you are having issues with the firmware update using the DJI Assistant 2. Please check the video below for better understanding on how to update the firmware. We're here to help you. Thank you.

How to Upgrade DJI Mavic Pro Firmware with DJI Assistant 2

Did you login with your DJI account?

2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

chiplifter Posted at 2018-8-6 05:17
Did you login with your DJI account?

[view_image]

Hi, yes kindly log in your DJI account for you to update the firmware of your aircraft. Thank you.
2018-8-6
Use props
IliChris
lvl.2

Hello, i have the same issue. I´ve followed all the instructions. But nothing happens. The only thing I can do is to reset to factory settings. Whats wrong with you DJI??? I'm on vacation right now and can not use my drone. Since the last update i have only trouble with the Mavic Pro (the connection breaks off, pixelated screen and delay, etc..). I´m using a Nexus 9 which is a recommended device.  What you deliver is a joke. I want my mones back!!! How can i get my money back?
2018-8-6
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Netherlands

IliChris Posted at 2018-8-6 06:37
Hello, i have the same issue. I´ve followed all the instructions. But nothing happens. The only thing I can do is to reset to factory settings. Whats wrong with you DJI??? I'm on vacation right now and can not use my drone. Since the last update i have only trouble with the Mavic Pro (the connection breaks off, pixelated screen and delay, etc..). I´m using a Nexus 9 which is a recommended device.  What you deliver is a joke. I want my mones back!!! How can i get my money back?

My best guess, it is not the firmware giving the pixelation issues but the DJI go 4 app (on android).
Maybe if you can roll back to version 4.2.16 your problem is solved.
Good luck on that.
See also this thread Issues
2018-8-6
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Netherlands

chiplifter Posted at 2018-8-6 07:14
My best guess, it is not the firmware giving the pixelation issues but the DJI go 4 app (on android).
Maybe if you can roll back to version 4.2.16 your problem is solved.
Good luck on that.

BTW you can use Apkmirror  to find a previous version of the app
2018-8-6
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Reboot your PC/MAC and try again. Wait for your PC/MAC to load for a few minutes and try opening the DJI Assistant 2 again. And like others mentioned make sure you're signed in to the app.
2018-8-6
Use props
idbl_fanatic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 509741 ft
United States

Have you tried a different USB cable?
2018-8-6
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

For me it is the same in assistant and also in dji go app I suppose DJI has some outage on their servers.
2018-8-6
Use props
IliChris
lvl.2

I have tried everything possible. Even a downgrade of the app did not help. Nothing works.
2018-8-6
Use props
Claymore61
lvl.1
Flight distance : 273287 ft

I have the exact same issue.
ive tried everything so Im no further forward.
Possibly the DJI servers are out of it ?
2018-8-6
Use props
PS013
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

DH_Pilot Posted at 2018-8-6 09:18
For me it is the same in assistant and also in dji go app I suppose DJI has some outage on their servers.

Same here !
Never had any problem before, so maybe it is a problem on DJI's side ....
2018-8-6
Use props
.Marcus
New

Spain

ok good to hear that it is not just me.
2018-8-6
Use props
fans22decb24
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1432815 ft
  • >>>

I am having the same issue. I contacted support, and they want me to send the drone in for them to have a look at it? Would rather not but now knowing others are having the same issue, maybe I won't have to send it in.
2018-8-6
Use props
LucaAnne
New
United Kingdom

Same problem with mine new mavic air, they must have some trouble with their updating system...
2018-8-6
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

I tested it today morning and it is working correctly again.
2018-8-6
Use props
.Marcus
New

thanks for your news. did the update today as well
2018-8-7
Use props
SeeSeeIE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1432815 ft
  • >>>

Update from me too - tried it today - currently updating!
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

LucaAnne Posted at 2018-8-6 13:34
Same problem with mine new mavic air, they must have some trouble with their updating system...

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would recommend to try it again to see if there will be changes now. Please don't hesitate to reach us if it's still the same. Thank you.
2018-8-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-7 16:51
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would recommend to try it again to see if there will be changes now. Please don't hesitate to reach us if it's still the same. Thank you.

In cases like this, sure would be nice if Assistant-2's Firmware Update said something like - Unable to access DJI's Firmware Server.
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-7 18:52
In cases like this, sure would be nice if Assistant-2's Firmware Update said something like - Unable to access DJI's Firmware Server.

Yes, thanks for the suggestions. I think it would be better as well to have notifications if ever that the issue is due to our server for our customer to be aware. We will forward your idea to our R&D engineers for consideration. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules