Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No GPS data when the playback shows GPS information
646 6 2018-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jaiye7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48048 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All,

Apologies if I have missed a similar thread in the past but I have this problem that has been bugging for a little while.

I have been using the Phantom 4 Pro+ v2.0

In my last 2 travels and I have taken some footages of cities I have had the chance to see and although the footprint is not updated with the flag of the country and footage itself has No GPS data, the footage does show the position of the drone during the flight with all the map data.

I am unsure whether it is something I am doing (For example forgetting to switch on my phone's tethering).

Thanks in advance.
2018-8-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The GPS info comes from the GPS receiver in your Phantom, it has nothing to do with your phone.
To get GPS data to show in your videos, you have to enable the video caption option in the app settings.
2018-8-6
Use props
Jaiye7
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for coming back.

The problem is that the footage says "No GPS data", however when I play the footage, it does show the drone in the city I flew in. I did not change any setting but between 2 countries (in the same week-end), the second one did not show any footprint when the first one does not.
2018-8-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Jaiye7 Posted at 2018-8-7 02:29
Thanks for coming back.

The problem is that the footage says "No GPS data", however when I play the footage, it does show the drone in the city I flew in. I did not change any setting but between 2 countries (in the same week-end), the second one did not show any footprint when the first one does not.

Are you talking about videos or flight records?
If it's flight records, don't worry about it.
A flight record that says No GPS rather than a location means nothing.

2018-8-7
Use props
Jaiye7
lvl.1
United Kingdom

To put it in perspective, I thought I should share some photos to describe the issue.
2018-8-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Jaiye7 Posted at 2018-8-7 02:45
To put it in perspective, I thought I should share some photos to describe the issue.[view_image] [view_image][view_image]

So you're not talking about videos at all but flight records.
Some say No GPS ... that's just something that happens but it's nothing to worry about.
It doesn't mean that the Phantom had no GPS.

2018-8-7
Use props
Jaiye7
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for your help.

The thing is that the 4th footage from the top, I can play the video from the RC however, for the toop 3, I cannot.

Also, is there anyway I can get my RC to update the footprint manually, do you know?
2018-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules