Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Getting Waivers
1043 6 2018-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TigerBlast07
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10883 ft

Does anybody have an approved "Fly at Night Waiver"? I can't seem to put everything in my paperwork for approval. I want to fly at night to stay in practice incase the local authorities need my company drones for any reason. Also some of the cattle farmers have asked for help to locate lost or calving cows at night faster than they can on 4-wheelers or trucks because of the increase of coyotes. Any help to get my paperwork approved will be appreciated.
2018-8-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

We can't help you until you tell us what country you're in.  

Edit:  Let's assume you're in USA.

Does this help?  https://www.faa.gov/uas/request_waiver/

2018-8-6
Use props
TigerBlast07
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10883 ft

Yes, I'm in the USA. I have read those. But I had my last one denied and of course there was no specific reason. Just the same web page link you gave. So, that is why I'm asking for someone that has an approved waver so I can see where I need to fix mine.
2018-8-6
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

I watched a Youtube video yesterday........It talked about night waivers.  Very few, as of that video had been authorized.

Have you tried using the LAANC System.......you will need to read up on that.  Download Airmap to your PHONE,  not your flying device/Tab.....

Then look up LAANC instructional videos.  Good Luck and let us know........you should be able to lookup if your region has been implemented yet.
Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability system

About 3 weeks ago I asked for auth to fly a wedding at the Bali Hai Resaurant on Shelter Island San Diego.....specs were:  50ft alt,  300ft radius from the center of the patio and a few other details. I asked a week in advance.........It got authorized !!!!  Here is just 1 video:

1.5 miles from KSAN International
1 mile from NAS North Island
2 mile from a sub base

Yeah,  I was SHOCKED  But we had fun, and NO I didn't drink till the bird was safely put away!

Randy
2018-8-6
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-8-6 19:16
I watched a Youtube video yesterday........It talked about night waivers.  Very few, as of that video had been authorized.

Have you tried using the LAANC System.......you will need to read up on that.  Download Airmap to your PHONE,  not your flying device/Tab.....

Exceptionally well done i love the fact that you are way out of shot and i actually had to specifically look for you very well done.
2018-8-7
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-8-7 00:55
Exceptionally well done i love the fact that you are way out of shot and i actually had to specifically look for you very well done.

Thank you

I'll be cut out....it's a raw video.....and will be part of an online Wedding album with just the middle portion of the vid......

Randy
2018-8-7
Use props
Robert9999
lvl.1

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-8-6 19:16

Have you tried using the LAANC System.......you will need to read up on that.  Download Airmap to your PHONE,  not your flying device/Tab.....

Great video, well done and didn’t notice a lot of people looking up. The last region of the laance system should be up and running in September. Of course that’s where I live. Illinois .i wonder how long it will take DJI start using it
2018-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules