Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro disconnect from phone?
1620 12 2018-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mittens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1906 ft

so all up to date firmware, iPhones, factory OTG cable, controller and Mavic Pro.

Was about 5000 foot away and s teen goes black right as it need to head home for battery....luckily I had it po Need the right way and flew using controller info, but why?

2 flights later same thing, had plenty of battery this time so played some and if you unplugged cable and plug it back in it fixed it?

Any ideas?
2018-8-6
Use props
Brad Bilger
Captain
Flight distance : 14764163 ft

Try using another cable and run it from the bottom port.  DJI's usb cables are notorious for crapping out fairly quickly.  
2018-8-6
Use props
Mittens
lvl.4

I have tried another OTG cable from the micro port, did the same but less often. Will buy one for bottom
2018-8-6
Use props
Kingram
First Officer
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Pow ... re+%28Red%2C+1ft%29
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi, we're sincerely sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced, regarding with your concern yes you can give a try to use a different cable on the bottom port of the remote you can use the cable that you use normally on your mobile device and for clarification what Error have you got on the Upper left part of the screen on the Camera View?
2018-8-6
Use props
Mittens
lvl.4
United States

Aircraft Dissconeccted.

But the remote was still connected as I could see my altitude, and distance and RPMs, so I started moving around until I saw the distance getting less, and stayed that way, got home JUST in time.  I could hear it above me and looked up...
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mittens Posted at 2018-8-7 04:57
Aircraft Dissconeccted.

But the remote was still connected as I could see my altitude, and distance and RPMs, so I started moving around until I saw the distance getting less, and stayed that way, got home JUST in time.  I could hear it above me and looked up...

Hi, thanks for the response. If it says aircraft disconnected then it means that the aircraft is not connected to the RC. I would recommend relinking your RC to the drone and kindly ensure that the firmware is updated for both RC and AC. It's recommended to fly the drone in an open area to avoid interruptions to the connection and incidents as well. Please keep us posted in any case that the issue will persist. Kindly see the video below for manual relinking. Thank you.

2018-8-7
Use props
GhostWolf010
Captain
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

You can see they don't even read your comment here right? I guess you are on the latest firmware, and latest app?
You should rollback the firmware, and the app. If you look in other treats it is exactly explained how, because a lot of people have this problem
Still dji ignores everything and keep saying the same stupid things over and over
2018-8-8
Use props
Mittens
lvl.4
United States

yea the mavic was still controlled by the controller it the phone that is disconnecting form the app.
2018-8-8
Use props
miketmtpro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Some devices on iOS are not handling the app very well now either. Most of the time "aircraft disconnected" will mean the RC and phone link are not working. You can restart the app, or initiate RTH from the RC button. Long press RTH and it should start the return. Knowing the RC is still connected, you also have the ability to fly the drone back to you manually.

I have seen and heard stories of many MP new flyers go into panic mode. They don't know the RC and MP are connected still. The app many times will not reconnect even if device restarted. All of this takes time and MP is still hovering somewhere. With no orientation, inexperienced flyer might push the drone further away. If the batteries are now too low to RTH, the drone will just land. Some users have said they had to go into neighboring areas to attempt to recover their lost drones. Some never find them because they likely turned into tree ornaments.
2018-8-8
Use props
Mittens
lvl.4
United States

^^^ this is what happened to me the first time it happened.... I freaked thought I lost it... then realized the controller. was still telling me all the live data, RPms and altitude and things.... OK.. well how can I fly it blind.. I am high up, so  let fly w little till I find the direction the distance is getting smaller the fastest... and then once I got it going that way I held her down in sport mode haha 37mph...  I was about 4000 foot away when this happend

and sure enough I hear it above.. and got it to the ground before critical landing...  NOW that I have had it happen with alt of battery and not freaking.. I know I can unplug the OTG and plug back in and it comes back alive.....

2018-8-8
Use props
GhostWolf010
Captain
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

@mittens, then you are lucky. For me it doesn't work, the app disconnects and whatever I do it stays that way, even if I restart the controller. I also had a couple of times that after a while the controller froze or disconnected also, luckily had a good set rth point
I now rolled back to .200 and the app to .12. Still have to make a bigger test flight to see if it helped, but the short test flights were hopeful.
2018-8-9
Use props
Mittens
lvl.4
United States

I am on IOS 4.4.24, and MP on .400, and controller and battery's up to date.
2018-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules