1501 33 2018-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fletcher_Swordf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8350 ft
United Kingdom

I own a phantom 4 pro.
I have a video visible when using the hand held controller (whilst the drone is not turned on) that I want to download.
But I do not want to publish it. But I also do not have a memory SD card fitted. But the video is there.
Ive tried a million permutations of using the app with no sucess - I just want simple instructions on how to save the video.

Is there anywhere that I can find plain english easy to use instruction on how to use this device. It could be great but its as useful as a chocolate teapot without an easy method of video download. H E L P

(PS I also have no obstackle avoidance. Theres no errors codes on the controller being reported (Dont know if there ever would be). I also cant get the radar to display -probably becuase the sdensors dont work. But theres no outward sign of where the problem lies apart from theres no obstackle avoidance working. As far as I can tell everything is working fine.)

2018-8-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Can you place the sd card in a card reader and insert it into your computer?

That’s the best way...

Have you RTFM? ;-)

RedHotPoker

2018-8-6
Use props
Fletcher_Swordf
lvl.1
United Kingdom

You didn't understand my main point- there is no SD card- never was. The files are stored somewhere internally on the hand controller.
Ive tried installing an SD card (to copy over files to it) but that wasn't successful.

Not half an hour ago I flew it again and stored yet another video into the hand controller. And guess what- I cant do anything with that either other than watch it on the controller.
2018-8-6
Use props
DEUCEDOG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft

what model do you have is it the P4P or P4P+ with the built in screen ?
2018-8-6
Use props
concrete guy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 774954 ft
Canada

FWIW  I bought an SD card a month back that didn't work with my drone and had the same problem kind of.  anyways I bought a sandisk 64 and formatted the cards and all is well.
2018-8-6
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have a P4Pro+ try this:

Plug your device into your computer

Computer should read the device as another drive letter...iE: :/F   G    E  whatever letter it assigns

Find the DCIM file folder  your Vids and any other pics should be in there.....however, I have " heard " they are NOT full resolution....just a low res copy.

Good luck

Randy
2018-8-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Fletcher_Swordf Posted at 2018-8-6 08:59
You didn't understand my main point- there is no SD card- never was. The files are stored somewhere internally on the hand controller.
Ive tried installing an SD card (to copy over files to it) but that wasn't successful.

Ok, follow the above advice, plug into your desktop...
I’m sorry, I thought your drone had an sd card slot like the Phantom 3 Pro has.

RedHotPoker
2018-8-6
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

You have to enable "Obstacle Avoidance" and forward and back will work. Side only works in "Beginners Mode".  Yo need a Micro SD Card installed to store and download your video.
2018-8-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

When you say you have no SD card installed, installed in what? The P4P is supplied with a Micro SD card installed in the aircraft itself, this is where the photos and videos are stored. What you are looking at on your controller is the preview quality video that is sent back from the aircraft during flight. It is very poor quality, and subject to any glitches during ransmission.

The primary, full quality storage, is on the SD card in the aircraft. If you do not have an SD card installed in the aircraft, then you should do so if you want to make the whole process easier to use. It is then a simple process of popping the card out, placing it in an adapter and connecting the adapter to your computer to copy off the photos or videos.

What device are you using as a display on the RC controller? Phone? Tablet? or is it the built-in Crystalsky display?

2018-8-6
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My p4p will not record anything image nor video unless there is a card inside the aircraft....
2018-8-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-8-6 20:03
My p4p will not record anything image nor video unless there is a card inside the aircraft....

Are you saying it will not save a cache copy on the phone/tablet if there is no SD card in the aircraft? My P3P won't, but I have no information about what the P4P+ will do. I suspect the OP may not know there is an SD card in the aircraft.
2018-8-6
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure about the + but my p4p , whent he card is missing, the camera button is changed to a notice that the card is missing an not able to use it, so perhaps OP does have the card already in the ac?
2018-8-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

That’s why I said RTFM??

This stuff doesn’t happen by magic nor osmosis.
But by RTFM, it may become easier to negotiate the learning curve.

Where isn’t the sd card located? Haha

RedHotPoker

2018-8-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Please identify your aircraft, OP?

RedHotPoker
2018-8-6
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Fletcher_Swordf, so let’s see if I have this right.
You have a Phantom 4 Pro?
When you use the DJI Go 4 App (without turning the P4P on) you go to the bottom bar and select Editor? This then shows you thumbnails of videos under ‘Your Work’.
OK? You then want to export the ‘Your Work’ videos off your iPad, phone or??? To your computer.  If that’s correct then post 9# (Geebax) is spot on i.e. any video is poor quality.
The ‘quality’ videos (for want of a better phrase) are captured on the SD card that is in the P4P.
If above isn’t correct then let us know and we’ll see if we can provide a better answer.
2018-8-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

sky wombat Posted at 2018-8-6 23:26
Hi Fletcher_Swordf, so let’s see if I have this right.
You have a Phantom 4 Pro?
When you use the DJI Go 4 App (without turning the P4P on) you go to the bottom bar and select Editor? This then shows you thumbnails of videos under ‘Your Work’.

First, He needs to figure out where his sd card resides...

Then his videos can be accessed...

RedHotPoker
2018-8-7
Use props
Will09
lvl.1
United States

Good luck with this, I've been trying to figure this out for 6 months.  The folks replying to your question don't understand that the pro plus is a different beast than the standard pro.  I've inserted an SD card but I can't find a way to force the video recording to the SD card instead of the internal memory of the remote control.  If you could force the recording to the SD card you could then remove it and connect to your PC.

When I connect the remote control to the PC the DCIM folder and Movies folder are both empty even though you can play the video back on the remote controller.   So...where's the video????

Some people say, no big deal, just take the SD card out of the drone and download the movie.  Well that works for the video, but the audio is on the video buried in the remote control, I want the video from the remote control so I can have the audio.

This is just more of the heartburn associated with buying a DJI product, great hardware but the software and support leaves much to be desired.

If I'm ever lucky enough to solve this problem I will be happy to pass along the resolution
2018-8-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

There is no audio recording, as there are no mic’s in the phantom flight kit...

You can record audio from your device mic, but that won’t imbed audio into your drones video.
You would need to add that in post production.

RedHotPoker

2018-8-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Will09 Posted at 2018-8-11 05:57
Good luck with this, I've been trying to figure this out for 6 months.  The folks replying to your question don't understand that the pro plus is a different beast than the standard pro.  I've inserted an SD card but I can't find a way to force the video recording to the SD card instead of the internal memory of the remote control.  If you could force the recording to the SD card you could then remove it and connect to your PC.

When I connect the remote control to the PC the DCIM folder and Movies folder are both empty even though you can play the video back on the remote controller.   So...where's the video????

If you have been experiencing serious problems for six months,  where were you requesting assistance?

Were you requesting help on this forum for 6 month and not having any relief, then something is wrong!!

RedHotPoker
2018-8-11
Use props
Will09
lvl.1
United States

OK Fletcher, I've finally figured this out...

If your running a PC (NOT MAC) read on

Connect the usb cable that came with your pro 4 to the remote controller and connect the other end to the usb port on your PC.  Turn on your remote controller.  When you get to the opening screen on your display, choose "Album" just as you would to view your video, when the album window opens..swipe down from the top of the screen.  If your connected properly to your computer you will see a box that says "USB CONNECTED".  Tap on that box and follow the prompts, it make take a minute or two depending on the speed of your PC and you should see the dialog box telling you to open the drive that your computer thinks the remote controller is.  Open the folder and your videos are in the MOST UN LOGICAL place

open folder  DJI
open folder dji.pilot.pad
open folder DJI_RECORD

you will find your videos in a lower resolution MP4 format.  If you want the hi res videos you will need to get them of the SD card in the drone, but of course they have no audio because the mike for the audio is on top of the display screen on the remote controller.

Hope this helps
2018-8-11
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft

Wow....It sure got quiet fast....
2018-8-11
Use props
djiuser_rwujBJmuuMi4
lvl.4
Brazil

When I connect the remote control to the PC the DCIM folder and Movies folder are both empty even though you can play the video back on the remote controller.   So...where's the video????

That is not correct, I have a P4P+, the videos and photos ate ALL stored in the micro SD card that you put in the drone, a fast card is recommended such as the Sandisk Extreme or Samsung Pro.
Then you may simply use a USB x MicroSD card adapter to transfer the videos and photos to your PC/notebook (they are inside the DCIM folder), or even connect the drone itself (turned on) to your PC/notebook using a micro USB x USB cable and transfer all content you want.
2018-8-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

When I connect the remote control to the PC the DCIM folder and Movies folder are both empty even though you can play the video back on the remote controller.   So...where's the video????

'  I've inserted an SD card but I can't find a way to force the video recording to the SD card instead of the internal memory of the remote control.  If you could force the recording to the SD card you could then remove it and connect to your PC.'

The SD card slot on the plus display is not able to be configured to store the videos or photos. It was provided by DJI for some unknown 'future expansion' that they have not yet explained. In any event, the high quality 4K movies and full resolution stills are not sent back to the controller from the aircraft anyway, only low resolution preview copies. The radio link is not capable of such high bit-rate transmission.

Even if it could be done, you risk glitches and loss of images due to transmission errors. This is why there is an SD card in the aircraft, the material it records is clean and pristine.
2018-8-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Odan Posted at 2018-8-11 12:11
Wow....It sure got quiet fast....

Not at all. Turn your volume up to 11. Haha

Can you hear me now?!  Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2018-8-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2018-8-11 15:35
'  I've inserted an SD card but I can't find a way to force the video recording to the SD card instead of the internal memory of the remote control.  If you could force the recording to the SD card you could then remove it and connect to your PC.'

The SD card slot on the plus display is not able to be configured to store the videos or photos. It was provided by DJI for some unknown 'future expansion' that they have not yet explained. In any event, the high quality 4K movies and full resolution stills are not sent back to the controller from the aircraft anyway, only low resolution preview copies. The radio link is not capable of such high bit-rate transmission.

Until the OP recognizes the sd card slot on his drone, this post is pointless...

RedHotPoker
2018-8-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-11 17:50
Until the OP recognizes the sd card slot on his drone, this post is pointless...

He knows. Refer post #17, paragraph 3.
2018-8-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2018-8-11 18:05
He knows. Refer post #17, paragraph 3.

Did he find his?

RedHotPoker
2018-8-11
Use props
Will09
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_rwujBJmuuMi4 Posted at 2018-8-11 14:24
That is not correct, I have a P4P+, the videos and photos ate ALL stored in the micro SD card that you put in the drone, a fast card is recommended such as the Sandisk Extreme or Samsung Pro.
Then you may simply use a USB x MicroSD card adapter to transfer the videos and photos to your PC/notebook (they are inside the DCIM folder), or even connect the drone itself (turned on) to your PC/notebook using a micro USB x USB cable and transfer all content you want.

The hi res video is stored on the drone..... a low res video  WITH SOUND is stored in the remote controller.

GEEZ people Fletcher wants that video, why do you care why he wants it.  If you don't understand the pro plus you probably shouldn't reply to the question.
2018-8-12
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft

ditto  
2018-8-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Will09 Posted at 2018-8-12 01:20
The hi res video is stored on the drone..... a low res video  WITH SOUND is stored in the remote controller.

GEEZ people Fletcher wants that video, why do you care why he wants it.  If you don't understand the pro plus you probably shouldn't reply to the question.

'GEEZ people Fletcher wants that video, why do you care why he wants it.  If you don't understand the pro plus you probably shouldn't reply to the question.'

Well, I understand the P4 Pro+, but it would appear that Fletcher does not. He insists there is no SD card, but if there was no SD card in the aircraft, he would not get any video being cached to the display on the RC unit, because it does not cache anything without an SD card being present in the aircraft. The conclusion is that he does not know about the SD card in the aircraft.

Fletcher has not participated in this discussion since the 6th of the month, so apparently he does not care anyway.

2018-8-12
Use props
Will09
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-8-12 16:36
'GEEZ people Fletcher wants that video, why do you care why he wants it.  If you don't understand the pro plus you probably shouldn't reply to the question.'

Well, I understand the P4 Pro+, but it would appear that Fletcher does not. He insists there is no SD card, but if there was no SD card in the aircraft, he would not get any video being cached to the display on the RC unit, because it does not cache anything without an SD card being present in the aircraft. The conclusion is that he does not know about the SD card in the aircraft.

I believe Fletcher was saying there was no SD card in the remote controller, the remote control for the plus has an SD card slot
2018-8-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Will09 Posted at 2018-8-13 07:56
I believe Fletcher was saying there was no SD card in the remote controller, the remote control for the plus has an SD card slot

I figure also that he is referring to the one in the controller, but I am also saying I don't believe he knows there is one in the aircraft, and without that card inserted, he won't even get cached copies.
2018-8-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

This is hilarious, even though I do have sympathy for Fletcher...

Cool name by the way, obviously an ancient ancestor of ours worked in the arrow building department... feathering the shafts.

RedHotPoker
2018-8-13
Use props
Fletcher_Swordf
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Wow, thanks everyone. I didn't expect more than one or two responses.
I own a Phantom pro +. The hand controller has a screen built in. Both the controller and the drone have SD slots. But the video I can see (using the hand controller) isn't on any SD card as there is and was no SD card fitted.
I use a tablet PC, not an apple product.
It has only one interface - a USB C connector that has proved tricky when using an adaptor for a bigger USB port. That said it can read an SD card.

My name is based on the name of my boat. Its a fletcher boat that I have named Swordfish. Although hopefully it will skate on top of the water (it has done so far) rather than sink beneath it.

I was trying to salvage the video in the machine. And if its lower resolution I do not care. It has sentimental value for me.

I shall have another stab at this at the end of the week. Maybe I shall have more success.

The obstacle avoidance is not working. It did when it was new but after a tree strike and fall, it doesn't. I might dismantle it and inspect the wiring and see if the sensors show any visible signs of stress. For now I can avoid crashing into things without it, but am sad because that feature was great (for the five minutes it did work). Im a bit surprised theres no self diagnostic reporting a fault but maybe the self diagnostics only covers a limited set of sensors.

Thanks everyone- youre good guys for trying to help people.

2018-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules