Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Reading gimbal positions
659 2 2018-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brian_m
lvl.1

United States

Hello, all! Hoping someone here can help me out. I have an application where the gimbal will be mounted on an unmanned ground vehicle. The vehicle needs to know precisely where the gimbal is pointing in order to understand its surroundings. As the vehicle travels, its attitude will obviously be constantly changing, and the gimbal will be moving in order to keep the camera aligned. As the gimbal goes about its business, the computer in the vehicle needs to get real-time information on the position of the gimbal servos. It would appear that this data is sort of available, as it can be viewed through their app on a smartphone, but does anyone know if it is available though any other means? Does DJI publish a list of commands for their gimbals? I've put in an inquiry directly to them, but wanted to ask here as well.

Thank you for your time and any information you might have.

-brian

2018-8-6
Use props
proimages
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1004731 ft

following..the gimble is moving and absorbing..but maybe not the best direction and spactial soruce.. four $20 FPV cams would possibly be better for surrounding feedback.  Please share! cheers D
2018-8-6
Use props
proimages
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1004731 ft

following..the gimble is moving and absorbing..but maybe not the best direction and spactial source.. four $20 FPV cams would possibly be better for surrounding feedback.  Please share! cheers D
2018-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules