Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is the P4P 2.0 quieter because of the body or the props or both?
710 11 2018-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nomnomnom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8343 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I want to get a quieter P4P, should I upgrade the whole body or just the props?
2018-8-6
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

You only need to upgrade the props
2018-8-6
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the quiet props on a Ver 1 P4P. It makes a BIG difference. If your order the props, get 2 sets. (A set has 2 props in the box. Last I checked you need 4 total...)

Jeff
2018-8-6
Use props
EdM
Captain
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't get your hope up too much.   Side by side comparison of my P4 and my P4P V2 there is not a great difference in noise volume.    Doesn't matter if its hovering at 10 ft or 100 ft.  
2018-8-6
Use props
nomnomnom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8343 ft
  • >>>
Canada

EdM Posted at 2018-8-6 15:23
Don't get your hope up too much.   Side by side comparison of my P4 and my P4P V2 there is not a great difference in noise volume.    Doesn't matter if its hovering at 10 ft or 100 ft.

thats exactly the opposite of real work tests, did you install it incorrectly?

2018-8-6
Use props
EdM
Captain
  • >>>
United States

nomnomnom Posted at 2018-8-6 16:43
thats exactly the opposite of real work tests, did you install it incorrectly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-hR7Nsy0lk

Duh, How do you manage to install it incorrectly??????????   ;-)
2018-8-6
Use props
EdM
Captain
  • >>>
United States

EdM Posted at 2018-8-6 15:23

OK, I'll explain a little further.   I do notice a little difference in pitch, so the new props are not quite as annoying.   It's still seems as loud at 100' height and 500' distance flying at 10 MPH as the old props.  Just more like a bunch of bees and not a bunch of hornets.
2018-8-6
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

"Supposedly"  The new ESCs are supposed to help with the motor noise on the V2

Randy
2018-8-6
Use props
Anthony90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 761519 ft
Australia

Looks like a very minor decrease in noise, "low noise" maybe goes too far to describe then, maybe noise reducing is more fitting haha. Still nice that its a little quieter.
2018-8-6
Use props
fansb2edd25e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 736775 ft

If I'm not mistaken,  the 2.0 vers is the same price as the p4p.      I have a couple of p4ps and I ungraded the props.   To say the props are quite, would be a gross overstatement.  However,  I've noticed a difference.   For $18 usd or so at Walmart,  you can get a full set (2 pr).   I have  10hrs or so on the 2.0 props, and the one thing that I've noticed is that I'm getting an overspeed warning message on occasion when I'm in sport mode and full throttle.  
2018-8-7
Use props
ATJ
Captain
Flight distance : 17736 ft

fansb2edd25e Posted at 2018-8-7 00:23
If I'm not mistaken,  the 2.0 vers is the same price as the p4p.      I have a couple of p4ps and I ungraded the props.   To say the props are quite, would be a gross overstatement.  However,  I've noticed a difference.   For $18 usd or so at Walmart,  you can get a full set (2 pr).   I have  10hrs or so on the 2.0 props, and the one thing that I've noticed is that I'm getting an overspeed warning message on occasion when I'm in sport mode and full throttle.

I have found, even More important is to update the Propeller Mounting Plates. The old plates become loose and allow the props to wiggle, especially when you throttle up and down. I see a big difference on my P4.

2018-8-7
Use props
DJIJAKOB
First Officer
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DJI states that the estimated 60% (4db) noise reduction is measured at takeoff and landing. From my experience the drone is a lot more quiet when it is taking off. Especially when the motors are working harder. I've flown side by side with the P4P and the P4PV2.0, and just hovering there is not a significant noise difference. A sound meter might be able to detect a difference, but my ears definitively couldn't.

And back to your question. The body of the P4PV2.0 is the same as for the regular P4P, the noise reduction is due to upgraded "Low-Noise Propellers" and new ESC's. By other means, upgrade your propellers :-)
2018-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules