Firmware Update
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

I will be getting my Phantom3 here in a couple of days, my question is how or where do you fine what "Firmware version" is installed on the Phantom3 and the controller? as it is not like my Phantom2V+ where you can see it on the assistant software. Thank you for any help or advise.
2015-5-25
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Once you open the DJI Pilot App you'll go into the Camera section.  The first screen you see will let you know.  You can also see the actual version number in the "About" section.
Aircraft Status119.jpg
2015-5-25
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

gil Posted at 2015-5-25 22:34
Once you open the DJI Pilot App you'll go into the Camera section.  The first screen you see will le ...

Mine always tells me my firmware is the latest but l'm still using 1.1.6
2015-5-25
Use props
jaapotto
lvl.2

Netherlands

CapitAn Posted at 2015-5-25 23:31
Mine always tells me my firmware is the latest but l'm still using 1.1.6

Are you using Andriod DJI pilot version 1.0.10 ? (the one you get in the playstore)
2015-5-25
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

No, it's recommended not to use the apps other than those on the DJI downloads page. l'm on iOS 1.1.1
2015-5-25
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

gil Posted at 2015-5-25 22:34
Once you open the DJI Pilot App you'll go into the Camera section.  The first screen you see will le ...

Thanks gil, and everyone else, I appreciate your help.
2015-5-25
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

With the P3 we no longer use "Assistant software". All is done via the Pilot App.

You should expect to have to (well, it is recommended anyway) to update the Firmware when you receive your new Phantom. It is just one of those joys we have to get used to as Phantom owners ;)

My advice is - don't rush it. Don't expect to be flying within the first hours of getting you P3. I mean - you can - but many people don't take the time to educate themselves about what they have in their hands, and some have some unfortunate experiences as a consequence. So read up on the manual, and watch YouTube videos, including the DJI P3 Tutorials before attempting to fly. Flying a P3 is fairly easy. But so is driving a car - if you know how to...!
2015-5-25
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-26 00:40
With the P3 we no longer use "Assistant software". All is done via the Pilot App.

You should expect ...

Thank FantomDK, for your advise, as I know all about it. I fly a Phantom2 Vision Plus and this is why I am educating my self now. I will most definitely read the manual first. I have the manual on my computer as soon as they posted it..... LOL and the quick start manual, if I have questions I always ask. I just didn't know where to find the firmware version on the app, as I don't have the P3 until Wednesday. I do thank you for your input though!
2015-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules