My New Mavic Air gets worse each flight
1782 21 2018-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PHLATLINE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1095180 ft

My Mavic Air gets worse each time I fly it. I’m getting scared to fly it. Each flight shows the signs of each complaint on the message boards every time I take it up. I sent DJI complaints logs and video and have not gotten a single response in about 3 weeks. This unit started off great but day by day the quality of this unit diminishes. I see now all the post are true!
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask if you're getting any error message on the DJI Go 4 app?  May we have a screenshot of the error message? Please keep us posted in for further help.
2018-8-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-6 16:50
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask if you're getting any error message on the DJI Go 4 app?  May we have a screenshot of the error message? Please keep us posted in for further help.

I swear to god, I AM SO SICK OF GETTING MINDLESS, IRRELEVANT posts from DJI "admins" to threads like this...

The OP CLEARLY STATES he's already been in contact with DJI, submitted logs and videos, yet you act so DUMB and just ask scripted questions without even seemingly trying to lookup the status of previous communications by asking for a case # or some other identifiable information from the OP!

Do us a favour, STOP posting mindless scripted CRAP, and ONLY post if you have something legitimate to contribute by posting INTELLIGENT, non-scripted questions to the OP's!
2018-8-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

If you've seen my thread, then yes, sorry to say it seems the MA is being ignored by DJI, and their support seems to be atrocious for the growing majority of owners with issues.

Some pilots report good service, but having experiencing the mindless BS coming from the DJI admins here, I highly doubt this is the norm for their service quality.
2018-8-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you contact a dji moderator here on the forum with your case number and ask to get your evaluation for flights you synced, they may help you out.
If you want to explain to forum members what the difficulties you are having you may get some help now, remember your craft is under warranty, and the vast majority are flying well, so you should expect the same from yours.

Or you could choose to go the route of above poster, and continue to rant and rave for 3 months and still end up in the same place.
My advice is to take a positive approach exercise your rights, don’t listen to the begrudgers, they will do everything to drag you down to their level, and beat you with their experience.

No reason why you shouldn’t have a properly working Mavic Air.
2018-8-7
Use props
PHLATLINE
lvl.3

Video signal lost, unit jumps,satellite, connection issues
You name it, I sent in about 8 or 9 logs.
9F0F41C7-60D8-4CE7-BC96-A322B44FF544.jpeg
2018-8-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

One thing positive about DJI's customers / product owners posting there problems here is - Potential customers can make an informed decision.  
The very few here who keep making excuses for DJI and/or pointing fingers at customers / owners is ensuring problem Threads and Owners with problems are seen.   Along with very few's excuses and finger-pointing making for overtly obvious Denial.
2018-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

PHLATLINE Posted at 2018-8-7 04:48

Watch video below, it should help with video signal, also other videos will give you a good understanding about gps and compass, they come highly recommend.
Most forum members will try to help you get back flying with confidence in both your aircraft and your flying.
Unfortunately you have attracted the two biggest naysayers on this forum, who seem to have made it their business to create as much hysteria about MavAir, and considering one has never owned or flown one, he’s a self prefabricated expert on everything MavAir.
Hopefully dji can give you some results soon regarding your synced flights, and if their are problems.

2018-8-7
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

PHLATLINE Posted at 2018-8-7 04:48

I can strongly recommend you to follow the good advice provided by hallmark007. Others here prefer to spend their time being destructive which is not helping anyone. On top of that they don't even have a clue what they are talking about.
2018-8-7
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

No complains on my Air.  Mine stays the same each flight and I am getting more confident flying it.
2018-8-7
Use props
PHLATLINE
lvl.3
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-8-7 12:23
No complains on my Air.  Mine stays the same each flight and I am getting more confident flying it.

Lol, yeah mine started out the exact same way, you’ll see!!!
2018-8-7
Use props
PHLATLINE
lvl.3

I’m not new to fling I’ve been flying and building from 450 to 800 class 3D heli’s Since 2004.  I’m a level 15 in less than a month. This is just my 1st drone. And I feel I got ripped off by DJI.
2018-8-7
Use props
PHLATLINE
lvl.3

Videos won’t post
2018-8-7
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

PHLATLINE Posted at 2018-8-7 15:12
Lol, yeah mine started out the exact same way, you’ll see!!!

This is my 6th DJI drone and never ever had a problem with any of them.  Proper calibration makes them great make sure all your calibration are up to parr and where you fly matters the most.  Good luck with your Drone.
2018-8-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Yes most forum members will try to help you.  But beware there are a couple here who think they know more than everyone else, and will try to blow smoke up your exhaust pipe.

For example: Part-2 Compass Error video has some good info, but when it pushes idea that metal fencing can cause compass interference when drone is as far away as shown example picture of video, it leaves reality, and enters realm of internet hype.  Same with metal buildings shown off in background.  What video does not tell you, is compass's deviation from earth's magnetic field rapidly decreases as distance from source of magnetic interference is increased - fact backed by Physics, testing, and known uses of compasses.  For example: properly calibrated compasses work onboard steel hauled ships.

Video goes into Toilet Bowl Effect, pushing only magnetic interference of compass.  First off, if you watch video's showing actual Toilet Bowl Effected drones, the drone starts off making slow small spirals that increases in both speed and diameter.  Giving Pilot time to react and force drone down.  Not a pretty landing, but not a crash and smash.  From reading and testing, Toilet Bowl Effect (TBE) comes about by two things: 1) Strong source of magnetic interference at point of takeoff (as talked about out in video), and importantly 2) already mis-calibrated compass.  Thus far, I have not been able to create a situation that Mavic Pro via GO-4 App did not warn about magnetic interference, when compasses started out correctly calibrated.  Even with known sources of magnetic interference nearby or below Mavic Pro, when there was No warning of interference, Mavic Pro took off without suffering from TBE.

2018-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Again don’t get caught down in the quagmire, your flying a drone, not sailing a ship. Contact a mod here with your case number. Dji Mindy in particular will give you excellent help.
If your interested in ships electronic compass , you will see below the variations. Not exactly same as the drone, but as you can see from what I said above poster, not really interested in your problems, so decides to take your problems down a different route.

Most electronic compasses (GPS and gyro compasses are two exceptions) are effected by magnetic deviation. They are also reliant on a power supply. Electronic compasses used for marine navigation, include:
GPS Compass - comprising 2, or preferably 3, antennas aligned symetrically fore and aft, will show the ship's heading, in either true or magnetic form, and is normally accurate to within +/- one degree on a steady heading. As with all satellite derived data, it is vulnerable to signal error and reliant on a supply of electricity.
Fluxgate Compass - uses a number of electrical coils wound on a magnetic core to detect its alignment with the magnetic meridian. It will also detect any other magnetic fields around it and is therefore as susceptible to deviation as the standard compass.
Electro-Magnetic Resistors - used in some electronic compasses to measure the earth's magnetic field. As the vessel changes direction or alignment with the magnetic meridian, resistance increases or decreases and is interpreted as heading.
Gyro Compass - usually fitted on larger vessels. It is set to point true north and does not use the earth's magnetic field. It is nomally accurate to +/- one or two degrees. Modern fibre optic gyro compasses are continuously corrected by computers, which are updated from GPS. It can take many hours for a gyro compass to operate correctly from the time it is switched on, or switched back on, after a power outage.
2018-8-8
Use props
Her-man2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151191 ft
Netherlands

Just approach anyone positive and you will be treated positive! I did have some issues and performed a factory reset using DJI Assistant 2, followed by an IMU calibration. Up until now it flies without issues even in strong winds 25 km/h+. The only thing is that I need to calibrate the compass at least once a day. No problem either, takes less than a minute.
2018-8-8
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

the admin staff here have always given me great solutions and advice, they do have to know about the whole situation in order to render help.
2018-8-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Her-man2 Posted at 2018-8-8 03:19
Just approach anyone positive and you will be treated positive! I did have some issues and performed a factory reset using DJI Assistant 2, followed by an IMU calibration. Up until now it flies without issues even in strong winds 25 km/h+. The only thing is that I need to calibrate the compass at least once a day. No problem either, takes less than a minute.

The only thing is that I need to calibrate the compass at least once a day. No problem either, takes less than a minute.

You should not have to.  But if you are okay with doing so -

A caution: Be sure when you do compass calibrations - you do not have anything on you or with you that could be source of magnetic interference, and you do compass calibrations at least 10-meters away from sources of magnetic interference.  

Otherwise, you may be calibrating in magnetic interference, resulting in built-in compass deviating from magnetic North/South.

2018-8-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

PHLATLINE Posted at 2018-8-7 15:17
I’m not new to fling I’ve been flying and building from 450 to 800 class 3D heli’s Since 2004.  I’m a level 15 in less than a month. This is just my 1st drone. And I feel I got ripped off by DJI.

Here’s a link that might help if your using Android.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/ ... ep-by-step-guide.31
2018-8-8
Use props
PHLATLINE
lvl.3

I’m using an IPhone 7 +,Thanks to all the positive and constructive help from those that love this hobby and that wish to make it a positive experience for others, and those who are ignorant please do not post to the thread.The videos I was referring to was me performing 3D stunts like flying a 550 Heli inverted cutting grass.
2018-8-8
Use props
DJIRjohn
lvl.2

Canada

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-8-6 17:20
I swear to god, I AM SO SICK OF GETTING MINDLESS, IRRELEVANT posts from DJI "admins" to threads like this...

The OP CLEARLY STATES he's already been in contact with DJI, submitted logs and videos, yet you act so DUMB and just ask scripted questions without even seemingly trying to lookup the status of previous communications by asking for a case # or some other identifiable information from the OP!

DJI support is so bad it needs to be on front page of a magazine award...
2019-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules