1019 19 2018-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BlackMoon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1096 ft
Kuwait

Hi all ,

- Im looking for some 1 to help me with an issue i encountered recently .

- When im using my Mavic Pro Camera Normall with RC plugged to my Samsung Note 8 it was working fine and everything okay but suddenly the APP crashed and couldnt connect to the camera again , i landed my camera via the RC and uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI GO APP to fix the issue but no luck so far , still i cant connect to my camera .

- The only way to connect to my camera if i changed my Mavic Pro Camera from RC mode to Wifi Mode , only that i can connect my phone with my Camera , but if i want to connect my RC + phone to my camera it doesnt ever work .

- Please note that the RC connecting to the camera normally but when i plug my phone from the Side cable or the usb cable , still the same result the phone cant feel the RC , it only feel it as a chanrger but the RC Status saying ( ready to go ) so the RC is fine i think .

- Any 1 can help me regarding that matter please since i ran out of ideas .
2018-8-6
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

My best guess, it is a buggy DJI Go 4 version. Try to roll back to an older version.
2018-8-6
Use props
BlackMoon
lvl.1
Kuwait

chiplifter Posted at 2018-8-6 22:53
My best guess, it is a buggy DJI Go 4 version. Try to roll back to an older version.

well i just installed the DJI go app and didnt update it since , but care to share how i can roll it back ?
2018-8-6
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Netherlands

See also this thread Issues
2018-8-6
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Netherlands

BlackMoon Posted at 2018-8-6 22:55
well i just installed the DJI go app and didnt update it since , but care to share how i can roll it back ?

In the thread Alexei describes how Rollback

Good luck on this.
2018-8-6
Use props
BlackMoon
lvl.1
Kuwait

chiplifter Posted at 2018-8-6 22:58
In the thread Alexei describes how Rollback

Good luck on this.

hmm even when i rolled back to that version when i follow the setup steps the phone cant detect the RC .

if u look closely in the screen shot i uploaded the phone thinks the RC is a remote charger only !

now what i do with this mess , before it was working perfectly !
2018-8-7
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Netherlands

Charging the phone from RC happens to all android devices. This is no issue. Have you tried resetting the phone (power off-on)?
2018-8-7
Use props
BlackMoon
lvl.1
Kuwait

chiplifter Posted at 2018-8-7 00:37
Charging the phone from RC happens to all android devices. This is no issue. Have you tried resetting the phone (power off-on)?

yes i done that 3 times already . also restarted the RC and Camera as well incase of any bugs or what so ever . but still the phone only thinks the RC is a charger , i cant even link to it as u can see in the photo .

- before once i connect the RC with the phone i get a pop up msg on my phone requesting what to do with this kind of connection and i choose DJI app but this msg now disappeared whenever i connect
2018-8-7
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Netherlands

BlackMoon Posted at 2018-8-7 00:40
yes i done that 3 times already . also restarted the RC and Camera as well incase of any bugs or what so ever . but still the phone only thinks the RC is a charger , i cant even link to it as u can see in the photo .

- before once i connect the RC with the phone i get a pop up msg on my phone requesting what to do with this kind of connection and i choose DJI app but this msg now disappeared whenever i connect

I am out of options now. Just a suggestion to try with another cable or see what happens if you connect to another device, phone or tablet from a friend.
2018-8-7
Use props
Optimus_Prime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Please check if you enable USB Debbuging on your phone and also the app. Check from notification if any other option (by click on Android is charging) to see other option like MTP..., Force close all app and turn on RC while plugged to phone. Allow all notification appear on the phone too. Good luck!
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there. I'm sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced. regarding with your concern may I ask have you try to use a different Mobile device just to isolate the issue? and Also try the bottom port from the Remote and Use a normal USB cable.
2018-8-7
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

See if any of this works or helps. Note 8 is very powerful system and handles Go4 easily. You may need to reinstall the firmware via DJI Assistant 2. When in there, be sure to select the reset option. Do this for the aircraft and the remote. Recalibrate the IMU and Compass when done. BE CERTAIN the gimbal holders are removed.

You can optimize the Note 8 or other android device though in Dev Mode.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1501475
2018-8-7
Use props
BlackMoon
lvl.1
Kuwait

Optimus_Prime Posted at 2018-8-7 07:13
Please check if you enable USB Debbuging on your phone and also the app. Check from notification if any other option (by click on Android is charging) to see other option like MTP..., Force close all app and turn on RC while plugged to phone. Allow all notification appear on the phone too. Good luck!

I tried that but each time i enable the USB debugging , the phone automatically pop up my  phone settings  menu and when i press Back the USB option switch to off again .

2018-8-9
Use props
BlackMoon
lvl.1
Kuwait

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-8-7 09:29
See if any of this works or helps. Note 8 is very powerful system and handles Go4 easily. You may need to reinstall the firmware via DJI Assistant 2. When in there, be sure to select the reset option. Do this for the aircraft and the remote. Recalibrate the IMU and Compass when done. BE CERTAIN the gimbal holders are removed.

Please note that i downloaded DJI Assistant APP but it tries to connect to my camera by Bluetooth which is not Supported on Mavic Pro Camera , its either Wireless connection or RC connection .
2018-8-9
Use props
Optimus_Prime
lvl.4
Vietnam

Can you try again, when it pop up to settings, pull down from notification to see any alert or press "home" button back. Any chance can you remove and reinstall the app?
2018-8-9
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

BlackMoon Posted at 2018-8-9 03:46
Please note that i downloaded DJI Assistant APP but it tries to connect to my camera by Bluetooth which is not Supported on Mavic Pro Camera , its either Wireless connection or RC connection .

DJI Assistant 2 software for Mac or Windows. Connect to a pc via usb cable direct to MP and RC. There is no bluetooth or camera anything with this method.  It's not a mobile device program. Mac or Win.

Remove gimbal covr and clamp, as well as props first.

https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

Links for Assistant 2 on the R side. Win or Mac

When finished flashing new firmware or rolling back firmware use the "reset device" option. Recalibrate IMU, Compass and Gimbal when finished.
2018-8-9
Use props
BlackMoon
lvl.1
Kuwait

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-8-9 07:07
DJI Assistant 2 software for Mac or Windows. Connect to a pc via usb cable direct to MP and RC. There is no bluetooth or camera anything with this method.  It's not a mobile device program. Mac or Win.

Remove gimbal covr and clamp, as well as props first.

Thanks for ur help bro , i really apperciate ur effort in guiding me how to fix that issue .

- So , now for the Mavic camera itself okay i done all what u asked me to do and its working perfectly after i reset it from my laptop VIA DJI Assistant .

- However for the RC my Laptop cant feel it at all , i tried different laptop and my work computer all giving the same result . the RC not responding to anything i try to do to it .

- Such as , when i connect my RC to my laptop , first the RC only feel my laptop as a charger nothing else no matter in which socket i connected my USB cable in the RC from the main socket or the side left socket on the RC , so im suspecting that there is a problem in the RC because the camera is working fine so far when i connect to it via wireless connection .

- So tell me ur ideas should i refund the camera all together or should i go to the store i bought it from and let the Tech person take a look on it and hope he wont ask for more money !
2018-8-18
Use props
BlackMoon
lvl.1
Kuwait

Optimus_Prime Posted at 2018-8-9 07:02
Can you try again, when it pop up to settings, pull down from notification to see any alert or press "home" button back. Any chance can you remove and reinstall the app?

Once i connect my RC to my phone there is no pop up message of any kind appear , only in the notification tap i find the phone tell me slow charging please connect to a fast charger , nothing else .

- sorry for late reply
2018-8-18
Use props
Optimus_Prime
lvl.4
Vietnam

Can you try these steps:
1. Uninstall dji go
2. Use device manager on your phone to completely clean up
3. Download latest dji go, login first and allow all options and quit app
4. Use your cable that included with your phone, to connect rc with phone using usb port beneath rc
5. Turn on rc, see if any notification pop up on your phone, check it and tap ok
Hope this help. Good luck.
2018-8-18
Use props
BengalBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

Experienced the same problem with my Mavic Pro and Samsung S8 recently.  Would disconnect after flying issue free about every 2nd or 3rd battery.  Have not encountered issue since upgrading to latest DJI Go 4 app, though, nothing else has changed on my Samsung S8 or Mavic Pro firmware.  Two guesses, issue with last DJI Go 4 app firmware and S8, or, S8 was getting hot and shutting down app.  Like you, it would completely lose camera feed and app could not be restarted and re-connect.  Required restarting Mavic Pro and then DJI Go 4 app.  However, since upgrading app I have not encountered the issue after flying more than 10 batteries and usually, three back to back flights before stopping.
2018-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules