Sudden Compass Error, Magnetic Interference, Yaw Error & ATTI Mode
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HorseLord
lvl.3
Flight distance : 518114 ft
Sweden

Hello fellow flyers!
I recently traveled to Iceland and of course I brought my Mavic Pro with me.

On my last flight I was hovering above a church when I noticed the image on the screen turning slightly to the left. I thought it might just be the gimbal drifting since it drifted a little to the right before I recalibrated the gimbal before this flight or if it was the flight before, I can't really remember which.

Anyway, suddenly Compas Error appeared. I immedialty started to bring the drone back and then Magnetic interference error message came up. The drone then went into ATTI mode and it started behaving a little strange. Not flying in a straight line. It felt like that anyway. On the display it still showed 17 sattelites but no "signal" on the bars.
The drone then went back into P-GPS mode for a little bit before going back into ATTI mode with new Compass Error and magnetic interference messages. The last 50m it regained P-GPS mode and I safely landed it.

I flew pretty much the same way as the flight before without any errors, only high wind warning. It was about 10 minutes difference between the two flights.
When the first error message came up I was on the exact same spot as the flight before (above the church).

Afterwards I noticed there is some kind of small radio antenna/transmitter in the area. But the drone was about 300-400m aways from it and I even further. I don't believe that the radio transmitter caused the error. Might be but it seems a little far fetched due to the distance between the drone and the antenna?

Just to mention. I did not calibrate the IMU or compass before going to Iceland. This because all sensors where normal before every flight.

The only serious problem I've had before is two app disconnects in 47 flights.
I checked a couple of flight logs. No errors appears except on this last flight.

Here is the flight log for the last flight.
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/KG6AHAEWFSZ0FZYN1PNE/

Have anyone else experienced these errors. What could be the cause of this.
Is there any fix for this or do I need to send it to DJI?
Maybe I should factory reset the drone and recalibrate everything?

The drone has the latest firmware, same with RC and app.
I never crashed the drone. I take very good care of it and always do visual checks before every flight.
It is now grounded until I know what to do.

Sorry for the long post

2018-8-7
Use props
Optimus_Prime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

May be magnetic interference comes from metal or electrical lines. My brand new Mavic Air also run into big issue one just several hours ago when i was flying not too high above ports with lots of metal containers. May be you should refresh firmware and re-calibrate everything and test again on empty space. We are lucky that we don't lose our bird.
2018-8-7
Use props
djiuser_IRwpjf81W6Eq
New
Flight distance : 6040 ft
United States

i had the same issue and they told me to send the unit back for repair. It gets worst , i sent it twice for the same issue, they didnt fixed the first time. Another advice dont send it with its original box they will keep it and send you the unit in bubble wraps, Amazing!!!! I can believe thsy did that
2018-8-7
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I had it 4 days ago! It happened on the flight last around 2 minutes before recovering GPS and Compass but I continue my flight and it never happened again or before (1760 km. > 1y)
I did not get sad out of this error but don't get me wrong, that's me I am used to various glitches But the important part is to have it back safe and sound!

The interesting part was that Airdata did not found any compass errors after that on the screen there was compass error (in log it says yaw???) and RTH thru NFZ is a gem in the log - there NO NFZ nowhere near that place but this one happened also in the cave once (without GPS)...
Fly safe and enjoy your Mavic - that's my moto ;)
yaw errors.jpg
no compass error found.jpg
2018-8-7
Use props
HorseLord
lvl.3
Flight distance : 518114 ft
Sweden

Thanks for all the tips.
Seems like the issue it's not that uncommon although I still find it serious. I don't want to lose the drone and it may become a safety issue if it flies away.

I will factory reset the mavic and recalibrate everything. Then do some test flights to see it's behavior. If it's still happeninge I guess I need to send it to DJI.

2018-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules