Help with 7.8 Crystalsky and Mavic Pro
1344 13 2018-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Red Gecko
lvl.2
Spain

Hi guys,
i´m a very new mavic Pro owner, i drove 3 hours yesterday to Provideo (DJI Distributor) in Seville, mainland Spain to pick up the Mavic and goggles.
I also wanted the large Crystalsky monitor, but the salesman was adamant the 7.8 inch (large) was incompatible with the mavic pro and reluctantly i ended up purchasing the smaller size which is virtually the same dimensions as my mobile phone and also only 1000 nits. The salesman was reading from the offical website, but i have seen on many videos online that the larger 7.8 chrystalsky (2000 nits) can be used with the Mavic Pro with the correct lead and mount... i am in mainland Spain, are they different restricted models here - i can get no definative answers from the offical DJI sites in Europe.. am i missing something?  I would be eternally grateful for any help as i am due to fly to the Canary Islands in a few days and need to sort this out pronto, i can return the model i have, but i need to know the larger one will work... urgent help please!

2018-8-7
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Both the 7.8 High Brightness and Ultra Brightness are of course compatible with Mavic Pro as they are with all others. I personally would recommend you the High Brightness version since there still seem to be some issues with the Ultra Brightness version. But you better get your impression here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=118
The 7.8 HB works perfectly for me and I never would use anything different again. But you'll need a proper tablet holder for it as well.
2018-8-7
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

The CrystalSky 7.85 inch is fully compatible with Mavic Pro. From my experience it is a very big and heavy monitor to use, so I'd recommend you find a proper lanyard for this.
2018-8-7
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

And, by the way, did you remember to buy a proper charger for the WB37 batteries? A charger is not included and the Mavic Pro charger is not compatible. Many salesmen forget about this...
2018-8-7
Use props
Red Gecko
lvl.2
Spain

DJIJAKOB Posted at 2018-8-7 07:42
And, by the way, did you remember to buy a proper charger for the WB37 batteries? A charger is not included and the Mavic Pro charger is not compatible. Many salesmen forget about this...

Yep thanks, i got the charger included :-)
2018-8-7
Use props
Red Gecko
lvl.2
Spain

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-7 07:17
Both the 7.8 High Brightness and Ultra Brightness are of course compatible with Mavic Pro as they are with all others. I personally would recommend you the High Brightness version since there still seem to be some issues with the Ultra Brightness version. But you better get your impression here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=118
The 7.8 HB works perfectly for me and I never would use anything different again. But you'll need a proper tablet holder for it as well.

Thanks i am looking at the Fstop, Polarpro or mavmount 3 whichever amazon can get to me quickly before i go on holiday.... not impressed with the overheating stuff, i´ve used an atomos screen on my Nikon D850 all day in 46 degrees in seville with no issues... strange!
2018-8-7
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

Red Gecko Posted at 2018-8-7 08:48
Thanks i am looking at the Fstop, Polarpro or mavmount 3 whichever amazon can get to me quickly before i go on holiday.... not impressed with the overheating stuff, i´ve used an atomos screen on my Nikon D850 all day in 46 degrees in seville with no issues... strange!

As far as I know and have read the overheating is only reported for the Ultra Brightness version.
I have used my HB repeatedly at 35°C these weeks without any issues.
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry like DJIJAKOB mentioned, the 7.85-inch CrystalSky is compatible with the Mavic Pro regardless if it's a high brightness or ultra brightness. Please see the video below on how you will install the crystal sky to your Mavic Pro. Please keep us posted for further help.

2018-8-8
Use props
Red Gecko
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-8 10:31
Hi, thanks for the inquiry like DJIJAKOB mentioned, the 7.85-inch CrystalSky is compatible with the Mavic Pro regardless if it's a high brightness or ultra brightness. Please see the video below on how you will install the crystal sky to your Mavic Pro. Please keep us posted for further help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNVy_iDmFjU

Thanks, DJI Tony, i get this video is about the 5.5 smaller screen, but i´m guessing installation would be similar for the 7.8 on the Mavic Pro..  I ordered a polar pro mount and the CS3 lead which hopefully will arrive by Friday and tomorrow i take back and exchange the the little 5.5 for the bigger one - my only worry is another the email from Carlos of DJI Provideo in Seville who has again warned me that the larger 7.8 will not work with the Mavic Pro as he has already tried it twice...  I am worried that if i exchange for the larger one and if i activate it and it doesn´t work they have said they will not refund or exchange.

below is the email he sent me:

Good morning dear Gary,

I´m the salesman who attend you, Carlos. As I told you on the day of your visit and we talked by phone yesterday, the large monitors do not work with the Mavic Pro.

I am very sure of this, I receive training constantly, I work with the products and I perform the tests. In addition, all the information I have given you is reflected on the official website of DJI as I will show you in the attached picture. I also show you a forum post where administrators from DJI (no users) indicate that both 7.85 "monitors have been removed from Mavic Pro compatibility list after because normal usage was affected. I did the test myself with two monitors and I can certify it.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-109816-1-1.html
CrystalSky 7.85" with Mavic Pro? | DJI FORUM
forum.dji.com
Hello,Will the CrystalSky 7.85" work with the Mavic Pro?GreetingsMarco Poethke

If you want to return the product that you purchased, it must be in the same condition when you purchased it. That is, for example if the film has been removed, the product will suffer a -5% depreciation. And if the monitor has been activated we can not accept any return or exchange.

Currently we only have stock of the CrystalSky 7.85 "High Brightness, as a customer you are free to perform your own tests, but after all the information we have provided you, we can not accept a second change or return if it does not work unless it is exactly in the same conditions of sale, full brand new.

Thanks a lot, best regards.

Carlos Rosado
Dpto. Comercial
Extensión nº200
1479985547364_provideo_logo.png
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He´s actually quoting  an answer on this forum from Susan i quote:  
Thanks for getting back to us. I also get the updated message from our engineers, the mounting bracket is  available for three types of Crystalsky. While when use with Mavic and Osmo, the normal usage will be affected, and we have removed it from the list, please kindly understand.

My quandry, if i exchange for the larger 7.8 and it doesn´t actually work as the salesman states then i am down 700 euros!
2018-8-8
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

Red Gecko Posted at 2018-8-8 13:07
Thanks, DJI Tony, i get this video is about the 5.5 smaller screen, but i´m guessing installation would be similar for the 7.8 on the Mavic Pro..  I ordered a polar pro mount and the CS3 lead which hopefully will arrive by Friday and tomorrow i take back and exchange the the little 5.5 for the bigger one - my only worry is another the email from Carlos of DJI Provideo in Seville who has again warned me that the larger 7.8 will not work with the Mavic Pro as he has already tried it twice...  I am worried that if i exchange for the larger one and if i activate it and it doesn´t work they have said they will not refund or exchange.

He is talking about the mounting bracket maybe. You say you have ordered the PolarPro mount, this will work perfectly, no need to worry!
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Red Gecko Posted at 2018-8-8 13:07
Thanks, DJI Tony, i get this video is about the 5.5 smaller screen, but i´m guessing installation would be similar for the 7.8 on the Mavic Pro..  I ordered a polar pro mount and the CS3 lead which hopefully will arrive by Friday and tomorrow i take back and exchange the the little 5.5 for the bigger one - my only worry is another the email from Carlos of DJI Provideo in Seville who has again warned me that the larger 7.8 will not work with the Mavic Pro as he has already tried it twice...  I am worried that if i exchange for the larger one and if i activate it and it doesn´t work they have said they will not refund or exchange.

Hi, thanks for the response. I will forward this concern to the right department for further clarification as the CrystalSky 7.85-inch is compatible with our Mavic Pro based on our store. Your patience is much appreciated.
2018-8-9
Use props
Red Gecko
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-9 09:55
Hi, thanks for the response. I will forward this concern to the right department for further clarification as the CrystalSky 7.85-inch is compatible with our Mavic Pro based on our store. Your patience is much appreciated.

Update:  i did the 5 hour return journey to Seville today to return the 5.5 and exchange for the 7.8, i am still waiting for the Polarpro mount and Type C lead to arrive from Amazon - scheduled tomorrow according to tracking so i´m hoping i have everything i need before flying to the Canary Islands over the weekend..  
thank you everybody for your help so far, i´m really grateful for this forum,
regards,
Gary..
2018-8-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Red Gecko Posted at 2018-8-9 13:28
Update:  i did the 5 hour return journey to Seville today to return the 5.5 and exchange for the 7.8, i am still waiting for the Polarpro mount and Type C lead to arrive from Amazon - scheduled tomorrow according to tracking so i´m hoping i have everything i need before flying to the Canary Islands over the weekend..  
thank you everybody for your help so far, i´m really grateful for this forum,
regards,

Hi, thanks for the update. I was able to clarify the concern to the right department and yes, it is fully compatible with our Mavic Pro. Hope you'll enjoy using the drone with the Crystalsky. Please let us know if you need our help. Thank you.
2018-8-12
Use props
monetinxs
lvl.1

United States

DJIJAKOB Posted at 2018-8-7 07:41
The CrystalSky 7.85 inch is fully compatible with Mavic Pro. From my experience it is a very big and heavy monitor to use, so I'd recommend you find a proper lanyard for this.[view_image]

I want to get the Mavic 3, is it compatible?
2022-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules