Djii Spark can't take off no GPS beginning mode
31214 15 2018-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Papus
lvl.1
Canada

Hi members,

I just bought a Spark (Fly more combo) yesterday. Very excited to start flying, but unfortunately I have problems to take off the device in beginner mode. I spent more than 4H to correct the problem, but always having the same message, «can not take off no GPS». Now I'm stressing about it.

Do you have an idea about this problem?

Thx
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience. I would recommend you try to start the drone in open wide areas and wait until there are more than 10 satellites can be detected, then start to fly the drone, see if it works. May I know the current firmware? Please keep me updated, thanks.
2018-8-7
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Papus, you should take some time to review beginner's training on Youtube, or once you are in the air, you may lose your drone.  Just search on DJI Spark getting started, and you will find hundreds.  Be careful, fly safe....
2018-8-7
Use props
landude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126407 ft

Are you trying this indoors?
2018-8-7
Use props
Papus
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-7 08:11
Our apologies for the inconvenience. I would recommend you try to start the drone in open wide areas and wait until there are more than 10 satellites can be detected, then start to fly the drone, see if it works. May I know the current firmware? Please keep me updated, thanks.

No problem, I'll give you feeback later.
2018-8-7
Use props
Papus
lvl.1
Canada

Northwood Posted at 2018-8-7 08:15
Papus, you should take some time to review beginner's training on Youtube, or once you are in the air, you may lose your drone.  Just search on DJI Spark getting started, and you will find hundreds.  Be careful, fly safe....

Nice, thx for yours advices, if you have some good Youtube links that's will be awesome?
2018-8-7
Use props
Papus
lvl.1
Canada

landude Posted at 2018-8-7 08:23
Are you trying this indoors?

Yes ! Landude
2018-8-7
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Indoors, no gps, need to be outside...
My first couple of takeoffs, i did tie a little fishing line on to the bottom of it, thinking it would prevent flyaways...it did, but take care not to get it in the propellers, and you will crash and break.  
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Papus Posted at 2018-8-7 08:45
No problem, I'll give you feeback later.

Alright, just keep us posted. Thanks.
2018-8-7
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Papus Posted at 2018-8-7 08:47
Nice, thx for yours advices, if you have some good Youtube links that's will be awesome?

DJI Tutorials Youtube

2018-8-9
Use props
Almar T. Estremos
lvl.1

Philippines

Sir almost same problem of GPS how can I update my firmware to my spark?
2019-4-21
Use props
Almar T. Estremos
lvl.1

Philippines

Sir also same problem with them about gps only 7 or 8 affaieing numbers iof satelite before more than 10 satelite affairimg i bought this 1mnth agi can u helo me pls...im tired

2019-4-26
Use props
Almar T. Estremos
lvl.1

Philippines

I done it many times to place my spark in the wide open area it doesnt work only 5 ang 7 satelite detect of my gps so i cannot use my rth,,what do you think sir thwir is something priblem with my software how can i fix this??
2019-4-26
Use props
Rahmat Hidayat
New

Indonesia

The problem almost the same with me... but i have my drone DJI spark already 2 years and always fly it. The problem come after my drone crash to the trees and fall down into the water for about 5 minutes inside the water [ river ]. But it still working after... but the problem.. since then the flight mode always attit mode.. no positioning..can not take off.. even i brought already to wide area open air..  even to different places.. still no positioning. Anyone who know what exactly the problems i need to fix? Please share your experience..i will be really apreciate it.. Thanks
2020-8-9
Use props
djiuser_vFIB6UnH4fKN
New

Pakistan

Hi, i just got my hands on a dji Spark and currently i am having trouble running the app on Motorola Moto Edge 2021. The app runs fine till i sign in and then it flips twice from horizontal screen to vertical screen and then it crashes. I used a different phone from Redmi and it works fone. Is there a way I can make it work on moto edge 2021.

Already tried re-installing the app

And also i tried an earlier version of the app still doesn't work.
2022-11-25
Use props
bob-bob
New

Portugal

Replace the gps module
2023-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules