lvl.2

United States

Question has been answered!Thanks
2015-5-25
Use props
zt6kxt41
lvl.2

United States

Yes its illegal currently but check around some people are doing it but probably will not reply to this forum with an answer to your question....but good luck and make that MONEY!!!!!!
2015-5-25
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's not illegal in the US if you have an exemption from the FAA.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-5-25
Use props
dperlmutter
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for the info!
2015-5-25
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

The fact you are not charging for the service would not satisfy the FAA.  They would still consider it a commercial operation.  (Cuz you are using it to help sell something.)  Real Estate is very much considered a commercial operation by the FAA.  And since you will be posting it on the internet for everyone to see...  You will be demonstrating your commercial flight videos directly to the FAA investigators.

You can file for an exemption with the FAA.

Otherwise...  You are taking a risk of being fined or arrested.  (In the USA.)
2015-5-25
Use props
dperlmutter
lvl.2

United States

Interesting! Was not aware. I will take that into consideration and make sure I don't do anything illegal. Thanks for all the info
2015-5-25
Use props
SilkPurse
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2657 ft
United States

I'm in the same boat, so to speak, and I have some insights (and prices) I'd like to discuss, but given the sensitive nature of this, I'd prefer to do it off forum.  Feel free to contact me cmj@silkpurseproductions.com
2015-5-25
Use props
llll
lvl.2

United States

Although the FAA is supposed to have this all sorted by September, it appears there'll be plenty of foot dragging before any definitive clarification of the rules falls into place -- could be years. In the meantime, we're being inundated with requests for more-or-less commercial use of the pro level gear now at our disposal -- while the FAA continues with their farcical requirements for exemptions in order to allow us to operate legally in the legal limbo (oh, and it's a year-long process to get an exemption if you're lucky). It's almost inevitable that more and more of us are going to explore creative ways of working around the pointless limitations on things like real estate footage. Curious if the FAA will really bother spending the time and resources (do they even have those?) required to track down violators of a set of rules that they acknowledge is way, way overdue for an overhaul to serve the needs of the current state of affairs.
2015-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules