Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First time customer - Experience was quite horrible
1630 4 2018-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Uy1OiheFRRyV
lvl.1

As a first time customer, I thought it might be beneficial to others if I posted my experience with DJI here.

I was on the fence about ordering an Osmo mobile 2 as it's not something that I need but more of something that I wanted to bring along on my hikes. I received an educational discount and thought, heck why not splurge and buy a new toy for myself. I decided to pull the trigger and order one, I thought it would be fun. At the time of placing the order, I had 2.5 weeks until I left for my trip - so I thought 5 days + shipping times would be no issue at all.

I ordered the following products:
- Osmo Mobile 2 (1 day after payment authorization)
- Osmo Mobile 2 base (3-5 days after payment authorization)
- PGYTECH Adapter (1 day after payment authorization)

Everything was in stock, and it was my understanding that the products would ship together. So I would be waiting at most 5 days before my package shipped.

First issue: The education discount only works on a few select products. None of the products I ordered fell under the educational discount, so I was paying full price - unless I wanted to buy a refurbished Osmo Mobile 1 - which I did not. Oh well, figured I'd move ahead with the purchase anyway.

Day 1: Order Placed - July 30th, 2018

Days 2-8: Silence. No emails. No updates. Still waiting for anything - but my payment had been processed already.

Day 9: Today marks the 9th day, and I still have not been informed or updated with the status of my package. I check the website and it shows that the PGYTECH Adapter is now out of stock. Other 2 products show in stock.

I contact DJI customer support and explained the situation and let them know I would like an update as to the status of my package. After they went and checked, I was told that only the Osmo Mobile 2 was ready and the other 2 products were now out of stock and that I would need to continue to wait until any of my products shipped.

So 9 days later and no updates, they've now sent my products to another customer and left me in the dark. Not very professional. After speaking with customer support further, I was told there was nothing they could or would do and that I could either wait for my products or cancel my order.

Now I know we're all spoiled by how great Amazon is but this is just absurd. As a first-time customer, this has completely put me off of this company. I'm actually amazed at how many people continue to purchase products here. Before ordering I read through a number of these forums to estimate tracking time and many of them all ended up in this same boat, ordering only to be sitting on there hands for weeks.

At the very least, I would imagine such a large company would have the resources to keep there inventory up to date on the website, not ship products to customers out of order, or at least be willing to provide a future discount for our troubles. But nothing...Just repeat 'sorry', 'so sorry' etc. etc.

Honestly, I think I'm going to cancel this order and just get the Zhiyun Smooth 4 like I originally planned. I'm not sure I'm going to shop with DJI again after this whole experience has left a very bad taste in my mouth and their customer support just doesn't seem to care at all.
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience. I managed to get your order number via the forum info and check the exact status with the designated team, we'll come back later.
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sir, sorry for keeping you waiting. I just got an update from the team that OSMO MOBILE 2 PART 1 BASE and PGYTECH Action Camera Adapter for Smartphone Gimbal are delayed, we're sorry that there is no estimated schedule for now. I understand your frustration and very sorry about it. We'll keep follow up and update the status for you. Appreciate your understanding.
2018-8-9
Use props
lizastinson
lvl.1

hey, such and interesting situation. later I'm gonna know what to do with a similar problem
2018-10-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

lizastinson Posted at 2018-10-18 15:05
hey, such and interesting situation. later I'm gonna know what to do with a similar problem

Hi lizastinson, the order of the OP has been shipped and received around August. If you encounter a similar problem, please kindly provide us with your order number, we'd like to check the exact status and see whether we can help.
2018-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules