Help with video editing
823 6 2018-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mittens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1906 ft
United States

Ok, I posted a thread in the mavic forum and not a single response so posting to the spark croude as there seems to be more responses.

Normally I only use drones for still photos, as music normally gets them booted off youtube. Shot a similar video with my spark last week.

can be seen here.

This week after I scooped a deal on a MP, I tried again with the better gimbal  for first time out.  Want to get active track working on the boat. as its only going 25mph... but this was me in sport mode.  Video is shot in 4k.... but it looks like crap for that on you tube? what am I doing wrong?  I pulled full video from card, to MacBook pro, used imoive to cut it, and add music, saved file as 4k, with best settings, and a 52 second video was like 4GB, so big file... but uet looks like that on youtube?   when comparing the 2, spark to mavic, you would think the mavic pro video would be better, but other then the gimbal its not.  so what am I doing wrong.

2018-8-7
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

Your Mavic footage is 24 fps...while your Spark footage is 30 fps...
This could be a part of the problem combined with fast shutter..
Examine your settings in GO app.
Examine your raw footage from SD-card.
Examine your imovie settings.

Some pro need to chime in here...
2018-8-7
Use props
Sidd Finch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

Can you verify that the issue is only with the videos uploaded to YouTube ? On your computer the videos look ok, or you are having an issue  on the computer also?. Not knowing any of your project settings you used for editing it is hard to comment.

I would recommend that you upload to YouTube using the 4k upload for both. This will upload at a higher bit rate and should help the video look better. Once you have a list of  project settings it will be easier to determine if there is any issue.
2018-8-7
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

I Uploaded a Video to youtube from my Spark at 1080p 30fps.    Uploaded fine but when I viewed it on Youtube it looked really poor resolution.   I then found out that depending on your Internet connection it sets what resolution to play for you.   Example if you have a slow connection it will show the video in say 720p..  If you have great speed you will see the video in it's best form.    A mate sent a 4K video to Youtube and I was viewing it in 720k.    At the bottom of each Video is a gear Symbol, click on that and you can set what resolution you want video to be shown in.
2018-8-7
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

I just played your 4K video and it was playing at 1080p for me.   That' purely at my end but it shows the highest resolution is 4K..
2018-8-7
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3

Yes I know the gear setting and can see 1080 but to me those videos don’t look good for 1080??
2018-8-7
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
United States

I will check the setting for FPS and see whats up
2018-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules