13424 38 2018-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_T2La9Blm1S4z
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1558 ft
Hong Kong

Hi all
Just upgraded to the latest Android 9 as newly released these days on my pixel 2
App not working notification pops up whenever I open the app
Anyone got the same issue here ?
Thanks !
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry that the latest Android 9 is not yet optimized with our DJI GO 4 app, however, I would recommend using compatible devices to your unit and app to maximize the usage of your drone. If may I ask what drone are you using? Please keep us posted for further help.

2018-8-7
Use props
djiuser_T2La9Blm1S4z
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1558 ft
Hong Kong

I am using Mavic Air.
Any news on updating the compatibility with Android 9? Thanks!
2018-8-7
Use props
bjashton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245932 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-7 16:10
Hi, Sorry that the latest Android 9 is not yet optimized with our DJI GO 4 app, however, I would recommend using compatible devices to your unit and app to maximize the usage of your drone. If may I ask what drone are you using? Please keep us posted for further help.

Sorry but this falls far short of the information I would expect from DJI. The compatibility list says Android 4.x or later and Google have a programme for developers to ensure their software is compatible. So I would expect DJI to have tested this and to be able to report any specific problems you can expect with Android 9.

Also...
It is DJI's responsibility to test / fix any issues with their app on Android 9. It is not Google's responsibility to optimise Android 9 for DJI Go 4.
There is a huge difference between "optimised" and "tested / working". At this stage we would expect the later but not necessarily the former.

DJI - Please answer these specific questions...
Has DJI tested the DJI Go 4 app on Android 9 yet? If not when is this currently scheduled? (I think it's fair to say "no information" is unlikely to be received well.)
Are there any serious issues that would raise concerns in using this to fly a drone? If so what timeframe can we expect these to be addressed?

DJI need to appreciate that once a mobile has been upgraded to Android 9 it cannot be downgraded. And purchasing another device to run the app is a considerable expense. It needs to start taking app compatibility seriously. Starting with publishing quality information on devices it is known to work with + devices with known issues.
2018-8-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Don't you mean - Hi, Sorry our DJI GO 4 app is not yet optimized for latest Android 9 (Pie OS)?
2018-8-7
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Try  removing and reinstalling the app.
There are already several threads on android 9 here and it does work for most of us.

Failing that, do a phone factory reset - major OS upgrades sometimes need that to get rid of legacy junk.

DJI are just giving the copy/paste response to any hardware or software queries.  In the real world, it definitely works for lots of us.
2018-8-8
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI need to appreciate that once a mobile has been upgraded to Android 9 it cannot be downgraded.

Of course you can downgrade.  Every single firmware version has a full and OTA version available free on the google site.

Google released 9 very suddenly with no public announcement a few months earlier than anyone thought and caught everyone by surprise.

For me, i just loaded Go4 and flew with no issues.
2018-8-8
Use props
Optimus_Prime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I think DJI has started working on DJI Go app for Android 9 (Pie) when the very first beta version had released. This is the reason why new OS always release beta for developers can work on compatibility for their application.
2018-8-8
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

They don't need to.  Android doesn't change any APIs a lot between releases so its rare things break between them.
Provided the author has correctly implemented the APIs it should all "just work".
Go4 didn't work well on the beta but the final OS release it seems to work just fine.

They don't need to code a new version of Go for every release or rather if they do, they're doing it badly badly wrong in their coding standards.
2018-8-8
Use props
bjashton
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Update from my testing...

Pixel XL previously running Android 8.x (latest) with DJI GO 4 version 4.2.16 - App launched and operated without issue with my Mavic Pro with latest firmware.
Upgraded to Android 9.x - App closes immediately after launch.
Deleted app data - No change (App still closes...)
Uninstalled / reinstalled - No change (App still closes...)
Updated app to 4.2.21 using Google Play store - App now opens and I've been able to download the resource file and login.

I have not yet tested with the drone to confirm if I have pixellation / disconnect issues making this version unusable.

My testing suggests that at least for me version 4.2.16 is NOT compatible with Android 9 (Pie) on the Pixel XL.
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

bjashton Posted at 2018-8-7 23:27
Sorry but this falls far short of the information I would expect from DJI. The compatibility list says Android 4.x or later and Google have a programme for developers to ensure their software is compatible. So I would expect DJI to have tested this and to be able to report any specific problems you can expect with Android 9.

Also...

Hi, appreciate your concern. Yes, if there will be an upgrade to our phone regardless if it's Android or iOS, our team will be needing to check and test the behavior of the app with the latest operating of the phone. Normally, for this kind of process if we're done with the evaluation we will release a new version of the app that will be compatible with the latest upgrade and I'm afraid that as of the moment, we don't have any updates when will it be compatible with our application, however, the concern has been forwarded now to the right department. Thank you for understanding and your patience is highly appreciated.
2018-8-8
Use props
kikkimikki
New

India

best radar laser detector under 100 nice work
2018-8-8
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm starting to wonder if Go 4 app is not designed to work with Android components.
2018-8-8
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I have Android Pie on my Pixel XL but i don't use it for flying. My Nexus 6 with stock 7.1.1 is my flying workhorse. I will eventually get a newer Pixel and retire my Nexus 6.
2018-8-8
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-8-8 09:26
I'm starting to wonder if Go 4 app is not designed to work with Android components.

It used to but not the last 4-5 releases for Android along with their NFZ updates. Firmware is not made for either iOS or Android lol
2018-8-8
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-8-8 09:26

Well, they are not showing any immediate concern for a multitude of failing app reports that seem to come in several times a day.  Android is not on the priority list, and has not been for months now.

Might have been more urgent if user here did not find and post workarounds, like downgrading the app.
2018-8-8
Use props
Vaporay
lvl.4
Flight distance : 870673 ft
United States

bjashton Posted at 2018-8-8 03:30
Update from my testing...

Pixel XL previously running Android 8.x (latest) with DJI GO 4 version 4.2.16 - App launched and operated without issue with my Mavic Pro with latest firmware.

4.2.16 definitely not working with Essential Phone Android 9.0 as well. Force closes at launch just as it did previously with 4.2.20. Same as you, I'm not convinced 4.2.21 fixed the pixelation/lag display issue. I'll give it a try tomorrow.
2018-8-11
Use props
bjashton
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Vaporay Posted at 2018-8-11 21:19
4.2.16 definitely not working with Essential Phone Android 9.0 as well. Force closes at launch just as it did previously with 4.2.20. Same as you, I'm not convinced 4.2.21 fixed the pixelation/lag display issue. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Update...
I finally did a short test flight and didn't get any pixellation or disconnect issues.

Google Pixel XL
Android 9
DJI Go 4.2.21

So until we have better/different information from the crowd that appears to be the recommendation for Android 9 users.
2018-8-12
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok.... so it's been a week since this reply.... does it really take that long to "optimize"?

How about some official feedback.  You guyz are always quick to point out our flaws about not using supported devices and software, how about getting in gear and getting going on the most current, most popular operating system?
2018-8-15
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thx  You may want to update the title of this Post to "STILL....Android 9 not working..."
2018-8-15
Use props
MallySWE
lvl.1
Sweden

Thought I would join just to add my voice to the fire...

Android 9/P
PIxel 2 XL
Spark

nothing working. force closes on the splash screen.

Out of all the apps I have, which includes complex apps like banking, email, security etc - DJI Go is the only app not working Would really appreciate an update from DJI....
2018-8-15
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

MallySWE Posted at 2018-8-15 06:19

Android 9/P

Looks like you have to buy a newer device to run just one app!!

DJI seems to have quite the ego
2018-8-15
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

Tony - Can you please BAN this idiot Vikkimikki and delete his spam posts?  
2018-8-15
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-8-15 06:22
Looks like you have to buy a newer device to run just one app!!

DJI seems to have quite the ego

Nonsense.
Factory reset phone then try it to rule out software conflicts.
Worst case spend 10 mins downgrading the firmware back to 8.1.
2018-8-15
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
United States

MallySWE Posted at 2018-8-15 06:19

Android 9/P

Litchi uses DJI's SDK so it will not load either till DJI fixes it.
2018-8-15
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2018-8-15 07:03
Nonsense.
Factory reset phone then try it to rule out software conflicts.
Worst case spend 10 mins downgrading the firmware back to 8.1.

We've had 8 DJI flyers recently sell their MP because no matter what they tried, the app did not work. Most said "its not fun explaining to someone you love that you need to buy a new tablet or phone to operate one app for a drone"

I asked them what happened? They said their wives told them "it was stupid to have to go through all that trouble, and to just use their smart phones for pictures. Who would buy an upgraded expensive tablet or video box like CS at another $1000 just to fly a drone here and there? You'd think the tablet or whatever would be needed for more, but to buy a new gizmo to operate another one is stupid" followed by... "so why doesn't your newer phone work with this thing?" and that is followed by "I thought you said this drone worked on anything!! so now it doesn't? Seems to me like it's not such a good product if it works, and then it doesn't"

I felt bad for some of these guys really. I can picture exactly what and how their discussion went.

Many wives tend to not see the same as we do regarding "boys and their toys"
2018-8-15
Use props
bsquareweb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 411007 ft
United States

Has anyone heard about any updates regarding Android 9? Just got the Pixel 3 XL and no response from the drone. Currently can't fly with this phone.
2018-10-21
Use props
bobjonesx
lvl.2
United States

Just my 2 cents:
I pulled my Mavic Pro out of storage for the first time in 2 months.
Found all sorts of strange things happening, foremost was the error regarding the RC could not connect. After restarting the RC several times, it seemed to work; I even flew for about 10 minutes (always within about 50 feet). It was puzzling that I could not change settings in the menus.

Finally, I got online, found this thread, and starting using my iPhone 7. Problems instantly resolved.

Truly, Android is the red-headed child around here.

I am grateful I did not get a fly-away event.

No more Android+DJI for me. Or maybe, it's time to sell the MP and be down with the fussing (we had a lovely sunny day with no wind today   :-(    ). All in all, I have found DJI software implementation a super waste of time; takes the fun out of it.
2018-11-4
Use props
PaulBerkeley
New
United States

Just upgraded to a Pixel 3XL (my old Note four was giving me troubles, but fortunately is not completely dead) DJI GO4 loads fine, but it will not connect with the controller. I am wondering how much of this is Android Pie, and how much is the USB C.

Also, the Android Pie SDK is (according to one source) not yet released.  This affects other services for the drones.

So seriously, is Android supported?
2018-11-5
Use props
modandroidapk
lvl.1

Vietnam

You should try Kingroot: https://modandroidapk.com/kingroot-apk-download/
2019-3-10
Use props
djiuser_YDuaBwvEVboy
lvl.2

I have Android 9 on a Nokia One 3.1.  with DJO Go 4, version 4.3.24. It works - most of the time. For unknown reasons the app simply stops! I have to restart the app to get things working again. I could not find a specific situation where that occurs, is seems random.  I uninstalled all other aps, but is still does it. Sad.
With my Sony Z5 (Android 7) all works well, but I prefer not use that phone as drone phone, because I need it for work.
2019-9-4
Use props
prestigesteel
New

Prestige Steel Buildings

Prestige Steel Buildings specializes in the supply & installation of prefabricated metal buildings in Ontario, Canada. The steel buildings we design are used for garages, mini storages, commercial steel buildings, aircraft hangers, boat storage Ontario, boat racking etc. for all users. Call Us 1-888-314-5751!
2019-9-6
Use props
djiuser_bZzulJQe7IaW
New

Hi all, has anyone downloaded dji4go app and sonetimes it go to lets fly the rest off the time it wants me to activate device, its on android 9, is there a way to fix this, thanks
2019-10-12
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_bZzulJQe7IaW Posted at 10-12 19:23
Hi all, has anyone downloaded dji4go app and sonetimes it go to lets fly the rest off the time it wants me to activate device, its on android 9, is there a way to fix this, thanks

Try an older version, use the second last version, or even older.
google: apkmirror go4
2019-10-12
Use props
liviston
lvl.1

Germany

I also have Android 9(Xiaomi 9t) , every time I want to connect with my drone (Through RC) it says RC connection failure. Is the dji go 4 app still not optimized for Android 9?
2019-11-29
Use props
Edward470
lvl.2

Bangladesh

Try to root your device and after that again open the DJI app. Hope, your problem will solve...
2019-12-4
Use props
technocare apk
New

India

Technocare APK

Bypass FRP Lock using Technocare APK Use DJI app your problem will be solved.
2020-6-9
Use props
technocare apk
New

India

technocare apk Posted at 6-9 21:47
Bypass FRP Lock using Technocare APK Use DJI app your problem will be solved.

Technocare APK
2020-6-9
Use props
kamltropakltro
New

Singapore

Experiencing a recurring problem on my PicWish APK where an "App not working" notification consistently appears upon opening the app. Anybody else encountering this issue? Thanks for any insights(https://apkrelax.com/picwish-mod-apk/)!
2023-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules