Class E airspace entered warning message
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
danjP4A
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3045 ft

Last weekend I was flying my P4A in the St. Augustine Beach area.  I had looked at DJI's geozone to make sure I was good to go prior to flying, and I was--no restrictions shown.   As I took my P4A up to something like 250' or so, I got the warning for a really short timeframe, like 1 or 2 seconds maybe.  Based on googling this one, looks like it should only be received if the P4A is > 4000' if I am reading the FAA classification properly.   I looked at the FAA NFZ map, too, to make sure and I don't see any reason I received this warning.   Any thoughts from more experienced folks here?   This is only about my 4th or 5th time to fly so I am still at the bottom of the learning curve!  

One more question please--I noticed there were some small planes flying just above the water, looked like maybe 500'-700' elevation?    Has anyone had any close encounters with an airplace flying what appeared to be pretty low like this???    Wouldn't want my little P4A to get socked out of the sky by a full sized plane's props....

Thanks in advance.

2018-8-7
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Interesting.

Check your favorite sectional chart.  The dashed magenta lines show that Class E starts at the surface very close to that beach and the area is just north of the main part of St. Augustine beach.  It appears you might have launched in Class G and then flew north into Class E?  It also shows that the Class D/E areas are only effective for certain hours and you have to check the NOTAMS to know what the hours are.  But DJI's geo maps are not good at the time thing.  

http://vfrmap.com/

www.skyvector.com

Good luck
2018-8-8
Use props
danjP4A
lvl.1

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-8-8 03:20
Interesting.

Check your favorite sectional chart.  The dashed magenta lines show that Class E starts at the surface very close to that beach and the area is just north of the main part of St. Augustine beach.  It appears you might have launched in Class G and then flew north into Class E?  It also shows that the Class D/E areas are only effective for certain hours and you have to check the NOTAMS to know what the hours are.  But DJI's geo maps are not good at the time thing.  

Thanks Mark.   Proof that I have a LOT to learn....   I appreciate the info.
2018-8-8
Use props
danjP4A
lvl.1

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-8-8 03:20
Interesting.

Check your favorite sectional chart.  The dashed magenta lines show that Class E starts at the surface very close to that beach and the area is just north of the main part of St. Augustine beach.  It appears you might have launched in Class G and then flew north into Class E?  It also shows that the Class D/E areas are only effective for certain hours and you have to check the NOTAMS to know what the hours are.  But DJI's geo maps are not good at the time thing.  

Thanks Mark.   Info very much appreciated.
2018-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules