2 erratic flights
1271 3 2018-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dansmar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Been flying my spark for about a year, today had a couple of strange flights the spark became very erratic. 2 of 3 flights nearly ended with possible loss of aircraft.

The first flight my Android device using djigo4 became very laggy and multiple disconnects at about 50% battery. Thank goodness the return to home kicked in and the remote remained responsive.

The second flight no issues just a little laggy on the phone.

The third flight when the battery hit about 50% started lagging, I brought it in close. Then at about 40% the Android device turned on geofencing and the spark was uncontrollable just going up and Thankfully it hit a small tree breaking the props but stopping it from climbing away.

Got the spark home, replaced the props it flew flawlessly on both an Android and an iPhone using the remote

After reviewing the flight logs - the 2 erratic flights don't show up at all.

My question is there a way to review these flights some other way to possibly see what happened?

My best guess is the phone got too hot, it was about 85 sunny and at approx 8500 ft elevation. it didn't seem the drone was too hot, I've seen what the drone does when it's hot just blinks 4 red lights.

I am in the US Southwest so it gets quite hot here  119 today, hence why I was flying at that elevation.

2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, I'm sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced regarding with your Aircraft, Regarding with your concern when you flying your Aircraft have you check if you encounter any Interference when flying? because some times that could be one possible cause for that, and regarding with the Flight log/Records it's strange that the Flight records don't show up or been save. however, just to make sure you can just sync it over the cloud just in case flight records be needed and also if you experience the issue again I would suggest to send it in to the facility for further checking.
2018-8-8
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try restarting your mobile device. For some reason, new flight logs are sometimes not accessible on Android devices until after they have been restarted.
2018-8-8
Use props
dansmar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Thanks for the replies, tried rebooting the phone still no flight records of the 2 erratic flights but the third shows up no problem.

No interference present when flying rather remote place - not even cell service.

I am still leaning toward the phone overheating, I am going to try it again with a cool pack on the phone to see if that helps

To me currently 95-100 degrees doesn't feel that hot, living in a hot climate I am sort if used to it.  but I know it could be affecting the phone.
2018-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules