Dji spark with dji racing goggles
2582 14 2018-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_u8IULyBG630u
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40902 ft
United States

Has anyone ever used the racing goggles with the spark? Trying to decide which to purchase,standard or racing.
2018-8-7
Use props
Mohinder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 920489 ft
Belgium

If only for Spark you should buy standard. I have RE but I have Mavic Pro and Spark and I think I made wrong decision, I should buy standard.
2018-8-7
Use props
djiuser_u8IULyBG630u
lvl.1

Mohinder Posted at 2018-8-7 23:22
If only for Spark you should buy standard. I have RE but I have Mavic Pro and Spark and I think I made wrong decision, I should buy standard.

Ok thanks. I may get them to use ocusync air system with another drone and just connect via otg for spark when i fly it.
2018-8-8
Use props
Mohinder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 920489 ft
Belgium

in this case you should by RE version
2018-8-8
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

Mohinder Posted at 2018-8-8 10:24
in this case you should by RE version

The REEEEEE edition
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry, aside from getting feedback from our valued customers who used DJI Goggles Racing Edition, both Goggles will work with the spark and still, you can maximize the features of your spark while using the DJI Goggles.
2018-8-8
Use props
djiuser_u8IULyBG630u
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-8 12:22
Hi, thanks for the inquiry, aside from getting feedback from our valued customers who used DJI Goggles Racing Edition, both Goggles will work with the spark and still, you can maximize the features of your spark while using the DJI Goggles.

Thanks for the response. Is the spark capable of carrying the ocusync air system?
2018-8-8
Use props
towheaded-pilot1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35125 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the racing goggles and have used it with the spark. Although it works, for some odd reason, if you have your spark wifi transmission setting as custom, the goggles will reset the wifi transmission back to auto. Same goes for the mavic air. Due to the goggles resetting the transmission back to auto, there have been many times I was unable to use the goggles with the spark due to pixelation and lag. Unfortunately there is no setting within the goggles menu to change this.
2018-8-9
Use props
djiuser_u8IULyBG630u
lvl.1
United States

towheaded-pilot1 Posted at 2018-8-9 05:58
I have the racing goggles and have used it with the spark. Although it works, for some odd reason, if you have your spark wifi transmission setting as custom, the goggles will reset the wifi transmission back to auto. Same goes for the mavic air. Due to the goggles resetting the transmission back to auto, there have been many times I was unable to use the goggles with the spark due to pixelation and lag. Unfortunately there is no setting within the goggles menu to change this.

Ok thanks for the info
2018-8-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_u8IULyBG630u Posted at 2018-8-8 13:24
Thanks for the response. Is the spark capable of carrying the ocusync air system?

Hi, thanks for the response, do you mean the connection to the RC and Goggles? If yes, it would be OTG cable, however, the connection between the RC and drone will be wi-fi. Thank you for the understanding.
2018-8-9
Use props
djiuser_u8IULyBG630u
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-9 10:25
Hi, thanks for the response, do you mean the connection to the RC and Goggles? If yes, it would be OTG cable, however, the connection between the RC and drone will be wi-fi. Thank you for the understanding.

No i was refering to the ocusync air system to retrofit a drone with ocusync.
2018-8-9
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

You can't change the protocols the link uses on the fly.  I imagine you would have to remove the cheap off the shelf WiFi chip and install a microcontroller running Occusync firmware and a radio that matched the broadcast requirements.  The spark is stuck with WiFi based radio links which works pretty well for a tiny drone restricted to "within eyesight" distances.
2018-8-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_u8IULyBG630u Posted at 2018-8-9 14:13
No i was refering to the ocusync air system to retrofit a drone with ocusync.

Hi, thanks for the response, unfortunately, the Ocusync system will not be available with our Spark.
2018-8-12
Use props
Sparkylicious
lvl.3
Flight distance : 72306 ft
United States

I'm actually saving some money for the RE to replace my oldie (circa 2014) fatsharks for my race quads. This way I only need to bring a single google in the field. So if you build your own aircraft the RE is the way to go.
2018-8-12
Use props
Colt2Cat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21959 ft
United States

Can someone please tell me the steps to use the RE Goggles with the Spark? I have a micro to micro OTG cable but I cannot get anything to display on the goggles.
2020-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules