DJI Lightbridge 2 problems
2800 4 2018-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wolle
lvl.3

Germany

Hi guys,

at he beginning of the year I get a new replacement Lightbridge 2 from DJI.
Since some weeks I have the following problems:

- No video connection per Z15 GH4 per GCU connection (Lightbridge video LED red / PCBA board gren and red (is it yellow?), but PCBA board works correctly)

- The connection with HDMI from camera to Lightbridge works, but during the flight the camera stream interrupts. When I disable/enable the EXT port in the DJI Go app I can see the stream again. I have to do this several times during the flight.

- When I connect the air unit with the N3 controller only the unit doesn't start. If I understodd it right the unit should work without gimbal cable when it is connected with a N3/ A3 controller, right?

- When I want to reinstall the firmware via DJI Assistant, I get the error message ''Firmwarelist can't load''

Is it possible to reset the litghtbridge air unit? I think that this is responsible for the problems.

Thank you for your help.

Regards
Wolfgang

2018-8-8
Use props
WiSi-Testpilot
lvl.3

Hi Wolfgang,
Lightbridge video LED red means there is no HDMI input.
It seems that DJI has a server problem, see link:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D307%26typeid%3D307
Try 10 % LB or so, see my screenshot. Without “LB” my Z3 at the EXP port does not work at all. There seems to be a bug.
Connect the N3 and the LB2 air unit with the RF cable from the N3 box, not the cable from the LB 2 box. The correct cable has 4 wires.
Best regards,
Wilhelm
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Wolfgang, sorry for the difficulties with Lightbridge 2. Here are some suggestions for your questions.
1. Lightbridge video LED red means the video input format is not supported or no video input is detected.
Please double check if the video format of GH4 is supported by LB2. The maximum resolution that LB2 supported is 1080P, 60FPS. If it is OK, please check the connection, try to change the cable to see if it helps.
2. Are you referring to the CTRL indicator? Yellow and green blinking alternatively means the firmware of the Air system and the ground system is not matched, please re-update the firmware.
3. You have to disable/enable the EXT port for the live feed, may we have a short video about this issue?
4. The connection between N3 and LB2 is the same as A3 and LB2, please connect the RF to the DBUS in the LB2.
We had a server glitch before and it has been fixed, please check if the firmware can be loaded now, thank you.
2018-8-10
Use props
Wolle
lvl.3

Germany

Thanks for your answer. I will check it at the weekend.

Now, I can say that it isn't a problem of the camera or resolution of the camera. Since spring I use the combination (DI N3, LB2, Z15 GH4). It operated very well! Than I had the problem that the stream interrupted  during the flight or I got directly no stream after connecting the battery and turning the camera on. After I connected the battery again and again I saw the camera stream on the Ipad. Now I get the stream only per HDMI cable.
Yesterday I reinstalled the firmware of the PCBA board of the Z15 GImbal. The update was successfull. I think that the PCBA board works correctly.

@DJI Mindy:
I will see if I can make a video for you. When I start the drone, EXT is disabled and HDMI has 100%. After some minutes the strem stop abruptly. I see only the parameters of the DJI GO app but not the video stream. I have to replug the battery to get the camera stream. It doesnt help to fly back to reduce the distance between me and the drone  to see the stream again. At the first time when I had the phenomenon I played with the settings. After I enabled EXP I saw the stream again. After some minutes the stream interupted again. I disabled EXT and got the stream back. Very misterious! In my opinion the LB air unit is the problem.

to 2: What do you mean with "CTRL indicator"? The LB isn't blinking. Only the PCBA board is blinking red/yellow when I connect the battery, turn on the camera. But I dont get a stream per PCBA board. I will check the Z15 gimbal with my second lightbridge 2.

Regards
Wolfgang
2018-8-10
Use props
Wolle
lvl.3

Germany

Hig guys,

yesterday I connected the Z15 on my second copter with A2 and LB2 components. I found out that the Z15 gimbal is the cause. I didn't work on the second copter and I didn't get a video stream.
I think that the PCBA is faulty again. I had it replaced at the beginning of the year. DJI installed a new one. On Saturday I had a lot of flights and no problems with the video stream via HDMI cable which was directly connected to the HDMI port of the LB2.

Here is a short video which shows the problem of the Z15 with connected Z15 HDMI cable :
You see that the sreen often turns black and the LED of the Z15 blink red when I activate "EXT" . Unfortunately, the video stream is not displayed.

Regards
Wolfgang
2018-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules