Sony monopod - pushing the load capacity (UK)
814 9 2018-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavikMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 660092 ft
  • >>>

I've been learning to use my new OSMO Mobile 2 and so far I really like it. I wanted a monopod to take advantage of the UNC Port (1/4" mount) and get those lovely 'low to high' panning shots. Looking around, it seems reasonable quality monopods cost more. I then spotted this on eBay - from our good friends at ARGOS - who let the cat out of the bag about Mavik 2 in their 2018 catalogue! It's advertised as a Sony VCT AMP1 and they are selling them for almost half what you can pay elsewhere. Don't be fooled by the photo - it's wrong.

So - just thought you might like to know in case you are thinking along similar lines to me. My OSMO and iPhone exceed the rated load capacity, but it seems to handle it well for the price I paid. Has anyone else use one of these or have a better device at a similar price?

Advert on eBay

Advert on eBay
2018-8-8
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>

And here is what arrives. Free 48 hour delivery too :-)

2018-8-8
Use props
Dale 68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks nice and solid, I spent ages looking and trying to decide on a tripod. I got this one in he end, same price as yours off EBay, does the job well

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6538583
tri.jpg
2018-8-9
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

MavikMatt Posted at 2018-8-8 03:49
And here is what arrives. Free 48 hour delivery too :-)

[view_image]

Nice one  
2018-8-9
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>

That tripod likes good too Dale 68! I was thinking about a Manfrotto monopod but I wanted the handle on the bottom (like a selfie stick).

I use one of those little flexible pentapods. Got it in HK I think.
2018-8-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good deal   
2018-9-30
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>

The monopod has been handy, but I'm finding I don't use it as much as I thought. It really is for those shots where you want to pan up from ground level (or the opposite, of course). Do you use something similar?
2018-9-30
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting... a Tripod that is called a monopod :-)  ... who knew.

FWIW, check out my REPLY ( #4 ) for a light weight TRIpod that is perfect for the Osmo, and w/Zenmuse.  Very little need to worry about unbalanced, top heavy issues normally encountered with those tiny desktop tripods.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=165596

(BTW - I always thought monopods and selfie sticks were the same... Mono = one/single )
2018-9-30
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>

WebParrot Posted at 2018-9-30 05:44
Interesting... a Tripod that is called a monopod :-)  ... who knew.

FWIW, check out my REPLY ( #4 ) for a light weight TRIpod that is perfect for the Osmo, and w/Zenmuse.  Very little need to worry about unbalanced, top heavy issues normally encountered with those tiny desktop tripods.

Oops - missed that and have just bought the Manfrotto one (above). You can get them for around £19 at the moment. It is definitely a tripod !
2018-9-30
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

MavikMatt Posted at 2018-9-30 11:47
Oops - missed that and have just bought the Manfrotto one (above). You can get them for around £19 at the moment. It is definitely a tripod !

:-)

FWIW my suggestion wasn't to get you to spend spend spend !!!  I offer it for future reference as well as others who may be 'on-the-search.'  Regardless, anything by Manfrotto is quality.
2018-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules