11187 18 2018-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
piridium
lvl.1
Flight distance : 376010 ft
Switzerland

Hi there

Since a few days my iPhone no longer connects to the RC controller of the Mavic Pro.
I tried different cables on both the side port and the lower USB port.
The status display (bottom left) on the home screen of DJI Go 4 remains 'disconnected'.
I can fly the Mavic in WiFi mode with my iPhone. But of course, the range and ergonomics are much worse.

With the iPad, the connection works without any problems. After a short wait 'RC connected' appears.

iPhone SE: iOS 11.4.1
iPad Pro 9.7": iOS 11.4
DJI Go 4: latest version on both devices

Is it possible that this is a problem with iOS 11.4.1?
What can I do?

Thanks, Patrick

2018-8-8
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Try refreshing your IOS FW.
2018-8-8
Use props
piridium
lvl.1
Switzerland

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2018-8-8 04:53
Try refreshing your IOS FW.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I already uninstalled and reinstalled DJI Go 4 - without success.

What do you mean by 'refresh your iOS FW'?
Do you mean fw = firmware? How do I do that? Please excuse what may be a silly question, but I don't get it right now. :-)
2018-8-8
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

Mp and ac firmware .400 I guess?
Rollback to .200 or .300, rollback app to .12, .14 or .16. This should help.
2018-8-8
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try deleting the app and reloading it.
2018-8-8
Use props
piridium
lvl.1
Switzerland

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-8-8 05:25
Try deleting the app and reloading it.

Already did that. See above.
2018-8-8
Use props
piridium
lvl.1
Switzerland

GhostWolf010 Posted at 2018-8-8 05:17
Mp and ac firmware .400 I guess?
Rollback to .200 or .300, rollback app to .12, .14 or .16. This should help.

Do you know instructions how to roll back mp, ac and app? Never did that before. :-S
2018-8-8
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

piridium Posted at 2018-8-8 05:31
Do you know instructions how to roll back mp, ac and app? Never did that before. :-S

You can do it through assistant app.
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to clarify, may I know if the firmware of your drone is updated? Can you please try to update it to the latest version using DJI Assistant 2. After that try to re-link your RC to your AC. For reference, please see the attached image below. Thank you.

2018-8-8
Use props
piridium
lvl.1
Switzerland

I downgraded the RC and AC to .300 without any improvement. Also, I cannot reconnect the RC to the AC if my phone is not connecting to the RC.
As soon as I find the time, I will try to upgrade both, RC and AC, back to .400 with Assistant 2. If that doesn't help, I'll try to restore the iPhone from the backup. However, I will not downgrade iOS because this process is too time-consuming and I don't want to lose all my configurations and data.
2018-8-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

piridium Posted at 2018-8-9 04:17
I downgraded the RC and AC to .300 without any improvement. Also, I cannot reconnect the RC to the AC if my phone is not connecting to the RC.
As soon as I find the time, I will try to upgrade both, RC and AC, back to .400 with Assistant 2. If that doesn't help, I'll try to restore the iPhone from the backup. However, I will not downgrade iOS because this process is too time-consuming and I don't want to lose all my configurations and data.

Hi, I would like to ask if you manage to use the bottom USB port on your remote controller? Please remove the other cable which is connected to the left side when using the bottom port. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress.
2018-8-9
Use props
piridium
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-9 14:16
Hi, I would like to ask if you manage to use the bottom USB port on your remote controller? Please remove the other cable which is connected to the left side when using the bottom port. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress.

Hello, I found a way to reconnect AC and RC yesterday. Press C1,C2 and record button, wait until the RC beeps and then press the shutter button. Confirm with the link button on the AC.

Unfortunately, it did no good. The connection between Phone and RC is still not established.

As in the opening post, I have already tried the lower USB port on every test.
2018-8-9
Use props
piridium
lvl.1
Switzerland

Oh man, I just realized that the iPhone was connected to iTunes via WiFi. That's why I can't reset it.
It seems that the connection to the computer does not work either. So the problem probably isn't DJI Go 4 or the RC but the iPhone itself.
Oh, this modern technology... :-)
2018-8-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

piridium Posted at 2018-8-9 23:29
Oh man, I just realized that the iPhone was connected to iTunes via WiFi. That's why I can't reset it.
It seems that the connection to the computer does not work either. So the problem probably isn't DJI Go 4 or the RC but the iPhone itself.

Hi, thanks for the updates. I would like to clarify if you manage to establish the connection between your phone and the RC? If you'll be encountered an "Aircraft Disconnected" message on the DJI Go 4 app then the RC is disconnected to the drone, however, if it's "DISCONNECTED" then it will be the RC and the phone. Please let us know what is the latest progress for better assistance.
2018-8-12
Use props
piridium
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-12 08:25
Hi, thanks for the updates. I would like to clarify if you manage to establish the connection between your phone and the RC? If you'll be encountered an "Aircraft Disconnected" message on the DJI Go 4 app then the RC is disconnected to the drone, however, if it's "DISCONNECTED" then it will be the RC and the phone. Please let us know what is the latest progress for better assistance.

Hi, it's DISCONNECTED and clearly between the phone and the RC. However, it seems that it's a driver/hardware issue with the phone and not the RC, DJI GO 4 or the Firmware.

So far I haven't been able to solve the problem. I've been quite busy.
2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

piridium Posted at 2018-8-15 05:52
Hi, it's DISCONNECTED and clearly between the phone and the RC. However, it seems that it's a driver/hardware issue with the phone and not the RC, DJI GO 4 or the Firmware.

So far I haven't been able to solve the problem. I've been quite busy.

Hi, sorry for the late response. I would like to clarify if the issue will occur using the iPhone SE, however, it works on the iPad Pro?
2018-8-16
Use props
piridium
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-16 12:01
Hi, sorry for the late response. I would like to clarify if the issue will occur using the iPhone SE, however, it works on the iPad Pro?

As I wrote earlier, it works with the iPad Pro without a problem. The issue occurs only with the iPhone SE and it seems to be hardware-related on the phone side. So no need to look into it any further from DJI's perspective at this moment.
I will update the issue if there are any updates.
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

piridium Posted at 2018-8-16 23:24
As I wrote earlier, it works with the iPad Pro without a problem. The issue occurs only with the iPhone SE and it seems to be hardware-related on the phone side. So no need to look into it any further from DJI's perspective at this moment.
I will update the issue if there are any updates.

Thank you for the response. Please keep us posted on the latest progress or in any case you need our assistance. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-17
Use props
Porsing
lvl.1

Cambodia

piridium Posted at 2018-8-9 23:29

So we must disconnected from ITunes via Wifi right?
2019-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules