Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Though decision P3P for a Spark? Do I trade my Spark for a P3P? Help
1188 22 2018-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

Hey guys long time member here although I havent been active in the passed few months. I came across this guy on the market place that was willing to trade a Phantom 3 Pro + 2 batteries, with my loved DJI Spark fly more combo. (He was selling it originally but I asked for a trade and he accepted) Very tough decision for me. The Spark is small, convinet but falls short on the range, camera and speed. Not to mension all of its glourious sensors. The P3P does better in all of those things but no sensors, its big and bulky and it has harsher laws in Canada for example 75m away from the public instead of the 30 with the spark. https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services ... safely-legally.html
I have 100 flights, 131km, and almost 14 hours of total flight. He has 4 hours, 21km, and 39 flights. So much less used. Decisions, decisions, decisions. I dont know which one has a higher value in terms of re-selling later. Please guys help me break this down. Help me make a decision. The only thing making this hard for me is the bulky factor of it. Am I downgrading?

All the help is appreciated.
Single SelectVote, Total 10 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-8-8
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

I say nay.  Hold tight for the future releases of new drones.
2018-8-8
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Canada

Blellow Posted at 2018-8-8 08:02
I say nay.  Hold tight for the future releases of new drones.

Forget about future drones. Between the spark and the P3P, regarding my situation, which one and why
2018-8-8
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Canada

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-8-8 08:34
I would go with the P3P.  Yes it's bigger but so much more capable.  4K camera, 3-axis gimbal, 3.1 mile range, twice the flight time.

Since you have it, when was the last firmware update for it? and are you happy with it.What kind of flght time do you get with it?

2018-8-8
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Can you trust the former owner of the P3P. Buying used drones unseen and demonstrated from private parties is risky.
2018-8-8
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>

Why does the P3P owner want to trade his more capable P3P for the smaller less capable Spark?  Has he a legitimate motive to trade?  
2018-8-8
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Canada

ChrisJG Posted at 2018-8-8 09:34
Why does the P3P owner want to trade his more capable P3P for the smaller less capable Spark?  Has he a legitimate motive to trade?

He was selling it and I asked for a trade just to see and he said sure.
2018-8-8
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

If the size wouldn't be the size, ....!
I just love the size.
Good, 20+ minutes flight time is something, but then again: the size
But I think even the mavic pro is to big ;-)
2018-8-8
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-8-8 09:53
I just love the size.

Its the goddamn size...
2018-8-8
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Canada

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-8-8 09:54
I deliberately keep my P3 app & firmware on older versions to avoid annoying & unwanted additions found in later versions.  I don't know what the latest "official" FW is but I am sure it's new enough to include quizzes & Aeroscope "Here I am come get me!" transmissions.

I get 18-22 minutes of flight time depending b on how fast I am flying. This is with new batteries.  Flight times will slowly fade as the batteries age.

Thank you so much for the response. I think i might do it
2018-8-8
Use props
Aaron Avila
Second Officer

If epic 4k videos is what you want than I say P3P. I used to own a P3 4K until I  freaked out when a low battery alarm sounded, came down to hot and bounced it the concrete, hit the house and bounced into my swimming pool! Thankfully my show sponsor Tom Iliffe bought me a Spark and for what I'm doing right now, Spark is more than perfect!
I dream of owning an Mavic Pro then Inspire 2. My dream!

Here's my view just before I crashed my P3 4k into my swimming pool.
[/url]
2018-8-9
Use props
ViPatrik
lvl.3
Sweden

Maybe I was the only one, who voted on YES About the same price tag, but as you said, the phantom is more capable. It´s depend what are you waiting from your drone. Would you like to use it for hobby, or half pro, stock footage, youtube, or practicing for an Inspire? I think, because I loved my Phantom 1, try out the Phantom 3, sell your Spark, and check out what can you do with the phantom. If you like it keep it, or sell it, and buy another NEW spark (because of the same amount of price). I think you can´t lose your money if you don´t crash your aircraft.
2018-8-9
Use props
ViPatrik
lvl.3
Sweden

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-8-8 09:53
I just love the size.

Oh yeah, the Mavic Air is the perfect size and function combo
2018-8-9
Use props
Dan O
lvl.2
Flight distance : 650768 ft
Romania

ViPatrik Posted at 2018-8-9 20:57

I sold my P3P for a Spark last year in August.

After one year here are the conclusions other than the facts like camera 4k, better flight time, better range, better stabilty and so on.

1. For a hobbist filmmaker Spark is definitely way better considering portability and the fact that is not bothering people.

2. Photo quality, although does not provide raw format is way better than the p3p which was always out of focus (I changed 3 lenses and tried to focus them manual as well)

3. Last and most important point goes down for P3P, the way I trusted the P3P is so much different than my spark. Not only dimension wise but also the way it flies gives you much more confidence and allows you to get the great shots you want without thinking of the actual flying. This was never the case with my Spark.

All in one, one year later I would say that if the legislation would be more in favor of drones I would choose P3P but in actual situation I will go further with the spark.

I will post 2 links, one filmed with P3P and one with Spark, you tell the difference.

Phantom 3 Pro:

Dji Spark:

Please share your opinion on video quality comparision.
2018-8-9
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Canada

ViPatrik Posted at 2018-8-9 20:57

And also double the price but ya I think Im going for the P3P
2018-8-10
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Canada

Dan O Posted at 2018-8-9 22:02
I sold my P3P for a Spark last year in August.

After one year here are the conclusions other than the facts like camera 4k, better flight time, better range, better stabilty and so on.

Night and day it seems like for the video quality. Your response made me think and I'm pretty sure im going with the P3P. I can relate very much with the confidence of flight, at least on the Spark side. Thanks for the response and those were some amazing shots.
2018-8-10
Use props
Dan O
lvl.2
Romania

BeastMaster_101 Posted at 2018-8-10 12:43
Night and day it seems like for the video quality. Your response made me think and I'm pretty sure im going with the P3P. I can relate very much with the confidence of flight, at least on the Spark side. Thanks for the response and those were some amazing shots.

You will enjoy P3P, take care first as the P3P as more of a manual drone than the spark, difference is like driving and old 2.5L BMW engine versus a brand new completely electronic stabilized car like a Honda.

On the other hand you will so much enjoy the robustness of the P3...
2018-8-12
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dan O Posted at 2018-8-12 00:13
You will enjoy P3P, take care first as the P3P as more of a manual drone than the spark, difference is like driving and old 2.5L BMW engine versus a brand new completely electronic stabilized car like a Honda.

On the other hand you will so much enjoy the robustness of the P3...

Until it develops stress cracks...
2018-8-12
Use props
Greg F
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

I'd go P3P as it's a far superior drone in terms of Flight time, Camera, Gimble and Range.    Only issue is it's size.   Maybe keep the spark and get a P3P anyway...  Seen them as low as $680 online for one..

Edit : My mistake it was a P3 Standard...       But i'd go for the P3P in a heart beat..
2018-8-12
Use props
Dan O
lvl.2
Romania

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-8-12 02:52
Until it develops stress cracks...

I have flown more than 100 hours of P3P with no cracks, my guess is that it is up to how aggressive you are  handling it.
2018-8-15
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dan O Posted at 2018-8-15 21:41
I have flown more than 100 hours of P3P with no cracks, my guess is that it is up to how aggressive you are  handling it.

I agree.  Braking aggressively is probably the biggest culprit.
2018-8-16
Use props
RIZOSPLAYZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 382221 ft

I had the same opportunity to exchange my Spark with a Phantom 4 but i did not. I had the P4 for a week to test it and despite the better specs it doesn't serve my needs. Too big and bulky for backpacking. I could exchange it with a Mavic for sure...
2018-8-18
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Canada

RIZOSPLAYZ Posted at 2018-8-18 01:29
I had the same opportunity to exchange my Spark with a Phantom 4 but i did not. I had the P4 for a week to test it and despite the better specs it doesn't serve my needs. Too big and bulky for backpacking. I could exchange it with a Mavic for sure...

Well ofc no one will want to exchange the spark with the mavic. But portability wasnt a factor for me so I went with the phantom and the difference is night and day
2018-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules