Editing Software recommendations?
2312 9 2018-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dadams69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1509150 ft

United States

So I've had my Drone for a few months now and have some footage I want to edit along with Go Pro footage. Looking for your recommendations for editing software. Keep in mind not a professional but photograpy is a hobby. Looking forward to putting the drone to good use to capture images that you cannot get with regular photography.

Thanks in advance.
2018-8-8
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Davinci Resolve is a free video editor that comes packed with all of the bells and whistles. If you're looking for something simple or want to see what else is available, you can find a list of commonly used video editors here. YouTube will likely have a lot of great how-to videos for the video editor you decide to use.
2018-8-8
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had Davinci Resolve but had dozens of issues and glitches. It's FREE right so what do you expect. Got rid of it and currently use FCPX. Paid a one time fee and it works extremely well.
2018-8-8
Use props
Leon Merten
lvl.1
Germany

I'd recomment Avid Media Composer First. Editing is fast, easy AND the program doesn't crash all the time like premiere pro. As he said Resolve is good too. Besides there programs there are also the "awkward" ones like HitFilm and so on, wich i would not recommend.
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Kindly check this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-110283-1-1.html I hope this will help.
2018-8-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

S.D. Pilot Posted at 2018-8-8 08:48
I had Davinci Resolve but had dozens of issues and glitches. It's FREE right so what do you expect. Got rid of it and currently use FCPX. Paid a one time fee and it works extremely well.

'I had Davinci Resolve but had dozens of issues and glitches. It's FREE right so what do you expect. '

Then your computer was most probably not up to the task. There is nothing wrong with Resolve, it is in fact the most powerful post-production package available, but you need a powerful computer to run it.
2018-8-8
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-8-8 15:44
'I had Davinci Resolve but had dozens of issues and glitches. It's FREE right so what do you expect. '

Then your computer was most probably not up to the task. There is nothing wrong with Resolve, it is in fact the most powerful post-production package available, but you need a powerful computer to run it.

It's a FREE product. It's not going to give the user (at least for me) what I need to produce or render the quality of video/images I want.

I have 2017 Mac with all the power I need to render high quality videos.
2018-8-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

S.D. Pilot Posted at 2018-8-8 17:57
It's a FREE product. It's not going to give the user (at least for me) what I need to produce or render the quality of video/images I want.

I have 2017 Mac with all the power I need to render high quality videos.

If you have a Mac then that's all that needs to be said. It is not a 'FREE' product, it is product you buy, and out of their own generosity of spirit, they make a cut-down version available for free. And in doing so, it is not a sub-standard product in any way. I have a paid-for version running on a powerful computer that does not show any issues whatsoever.
2018-8-8
Use props
TuxMan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 189728 ft

Ugh!  Still looking for good, easy editing software.  Windows Movie Maker stinks bad!  Davinci was way too complicated.  Premier Elements wouldn't load some of my videos.  Neither would IMovie on a Macbook and not sure why??  I like IMovie but have all Windows based 'puters.  Suggestions?
2018-8-22
Use props
NM_Quad
lvl.4

TuxMan Posted at 2018-8-22 10:06
Ugh!  Still looking for good, easy editing software.  Windows Movie Maker stinks bad!  Davinci was way too complicated.  Premier Elements wouldn't load some of my videos.  Neither would IMovie on a Macbook and not sure why??  I like IMovie but have all Windows based 'puters.  Suggestions?

I've been fairly pleased with Corel Video Studio for my Phantom videos.  About $65.  Not a bad learning curve, lots of features, add audio, etc. and some nice exposure and color correction options.  I don't have any experience with some of the other programs, except the freebies, so can't compare with others.  Takes tens of minutes to render the final video, but I think that's typical.  You're just going to have to spend a little money to get a good video editor.
2018-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules