7008 14 2018-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UAVTom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1236778 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know of a way to display Tello video on to a desktop PC via coding?

2018-8-8
Use props
Snakelover
lvl.4

United States

Not via coding, but if you save it photos then send them to your desktop.
2018-8-9
Use props
SkinJob2501
lvl.3

United States

Snakelover Posted at 2018-8-9 08:43
Not via coding, but if you save it photos then send them to your desktop.

Any desktop apps that would stand in for Scratch or DroneBlocks? Kinda irritating i can only find them on android and google play store etc. ....
2018-8-9
Use props
JG-N
lvl.2

Currently, the Tello SDK doesn't support access to the camera. So you can't access the camera via droneblocks, scratch or python. You can check out the SDK readme file using this link - https://dl-cdn.ryzerobotics.com/ ... ello+SDK+Readme.pdf
2018-8-10
Use props
JG-N
lvl.2

SkinJob2501 Posted at 2018-8-9 13:14
Any desktop apps that would stand in for Scratch or DroneBlocks? Kinda irritating i can only find them on android and google play store etc. ....

There is a Chrome extension for DroneBlocks, so you can actually code in the browser. I found it a little tricky to actually get the Tello blocks to load at first. Initially, it will display standard blocks for other DJI drones supported by DroneBlocks like the Phantom. You have to either connect to Tello (I couldn't get the desktop app to recognize the connection) or if you type in a URL to load a Tello mission originally saved on the Android or iOS app, that should load the Tello blocks (regular takeoff, no camera or gimbal blocks). From there, you can program on the desktop, but you still can't fly from the desktop. You have to save that mission to your profile and then open it up on a mobile app.
2018-8-10
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

well I think it don't have this function
2018-8-13
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Welcome to the forum Tom. Sorry that It is not supported yet.
2018-8-13
Use props
UAVTom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RYZE Posted at 2018-8-13 20:55
Welcome to the forum Tom. Sorry that It is not supported yet.

Thanks.

Hope this will come soon.  Seems like if video can be transmitted to an app, it surely can be transmitted via to other computing devices.  We are developing a pollination drone call Poli-X2 (current prototype) and we are currently using the Tello as a base platform.   Mechanically, the drone can pollinate great from pre-programmed locations, but ideally we'd like it to recognize  flowers and shapes and move to target those objects.  This can not be done without a visual data feed.   Do you know if the next SDK will have this feature?
2018-8-30
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

UAVTom Posted at 2018-8-30 11:30
Thanks.

Hope this will come soon.  Seems like if video can be transmitted to an app, it surely can be transmitted via to other computing devices.  We are developing a pollination drone call Poli-X2 (current prototype) and we are currently using the Tello as a base platform.   Mechanically, the drone can pollinate great from pre-programmed locations, but ideally we'd like it to recognize  flowers and shapes and move to target those objects.  This can not be done without a visual data feed.   Do you know if the next SDK will have this feature?

Thanks for your continuous interest in the video feed while coding on computer Tom, your idea sounds great. I have already feedbacked to engineer and pretty sorry that there is no notice about it yet.
2018-8-30
Use props
UAVTom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RYZE Posted at 2018-8-30 23:51
Thanks for our continuous interest of the video feed while coding on computer Tom, your idea sounds great. I have already feedbacked to engineer and pretty sorry that there is no notice about it yet.

Thanks for the update !
2018-8-31
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

My pleasure, enjoy it and happy droning !  
2018-8-31
Use props
UAVTom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RYZE Posted at 2018-8-31 20:43
My pleasure, enjoy it and happy droning !

Do you know if there is a design schematic  showing the internal components of the Tello.  Working on a presentation and would like to show where mods could be make for pollination applications.
2018-9-5
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

We get that you would need this info for presentation Tom. However, we are pretty sorry that Ryze is a private tech company and we do not disclose internal components for the Tello.
2018-9-6
Use props
Tyler Dow
New

United States

Just posting to you RYZE to let know that I am also interested in the ability to get the video feed for drone to my PC. Be fun to control the drone via vision and QR codes or something. Though still gonna buy one.
2018-9-28
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Tyler Dow Posted at 2018-9-28 18:54
Just posting to you RYZE to let know that I am also interested in the ability to get the video feed for drone to my PC. Be fun to control the drone via vision and QR codes or something. Though still gonna buy one.

Thanks for our continuous interest of the video feed while coding on the computer Tyler, your idea is great. We've given the feedback to R&D department and pretty sorry that there is no notice about it yet. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules