Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro IMU Calibration Error -50
21915 19 2018-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mavicbro7
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi everyone,

I suddenly got an IMU calibration error telling me to recalibrate. When I do try to do that though it fails after a few seconds in step 1/5 giving me error code -50. I couldn't find anything online about this code so I'm trying my luck here. Anyone had the same?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I've reset the drone to factory settings and installed the latest firmware, all of which changed nothing
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to clarify, May I know what happened before you received this error code? Did your drone crash? Also, could you please send us a screenshot of the error code on your app? Thank you.
2018-8-8
Use props
mavicbro7
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi, no problem. I did fly into a bush, but it was only a few centimeters above ground and if fell on its "feet". So not much happened apart from some minor damage to the propellers. I did fly it again right after and it seemed to still work well, but I can't imagine the sensor being damaged by such a small crash.
The screenshots should be attached.
Screenshot_20180808-212355.png
Screenshot_20180808-212301.png
Screenshot_20180808-212406.png
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mavicbro7 Posted at 2018-8-8 11:29
Hi, no problem. I did fly into a bush, but it was only a few centimeters above ground and if fell on its "feet". So not much happened apart from some minor damage to the propellers. I did fly it again right after and it seemed to still work well, but I can't imagine the sensor being damaged by such a small crash.
The screenshots should be attached.

Hi, thanks for the response. I would recommend restoring factory defaults then refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2. You can reboot the unit after using the DJI Assistant 2 and recalibrate the IMU as well as the compass, however, if this troubleshooting steps will not work I'm afraid that we have to put the aircraft into our service. Please see the link for you to download the application.

https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads -DJI Assistant 2

www.dji.com/service - DJI service
2018-8-8
Use props
mavicbro7
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-8 11:57
Hi, thanks for the response. I would recommend restoring factory defaults then refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2. You can reboot the unit after using the DJI Assistant 2 and recalibrate the IMU as well as the compass, however, if this troubleshooting steps will not work I'm afraid that we have to put the aircraft into our service. Please see the link for you to download the application.

https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads -DJI Assistant 2

Unfortunately I have already tried that. I've factory reset the drone with the assistant software and updated the firmware, it did not help. How should I continue in this case?
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

mavicbro7 Posted at 2018-8-8 12:05
Unfortunately I have already tried that. I've factory reset the drone with the assistant software and updated the firmware, it did not help. How should I continue in this case?

I'm sorry to hear that, If that the case Unfortunately what we can only suggest to that is send it in to the facility for further checking of the issue since you've already the exhausted the possible troubleshooting you can just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support you can choose between Online support, Email, and Phone support for you to have the assistance for sending it in or you can just directly go to this link to start the process https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2018-8-8
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

mavicbro7 Posted at 2018-8-8 12:05

Before following the Admin advice in response post #6, Go to the Support section of DJI.com and open a Chat Session.  Have these attachments ready.... they will ask for them... If necessary they can open a Case for you and using their technical understanding of the error messages (and you description of the unintended landing) determine if sending in the aircraft is necessary.  In addition, post for question and screen shots over on MavicPilots.com.  Independent forum (not DJI) attended by an additional number of experienced pilots.
2018-8-8
Use props
mavicbro7
lvl.1
Switzerland

WebParrot Posted at 2018-8-8 19:51
Before following the Admin advice in response post #6, Go to the Support section of DJI.com and open a Chat Session.  Have these attachments ready.... they will ask for them... If necessary they can open a Case for you and using their technical understanding of the error messages (and you description of the unintended landing) determine if sending in the aircraft is necessary.  In addition, post for question and screen shots over on MavicPilots.com.  Independent forum (not DJI) attended by an additional number of experienced pilots.

Will do. Thank you!
2018-8-9
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

You bet.  FWIW, I've been pretty successful with the Chat support.  You just gotta be patient and expect to go through a line by line inquiry process.  Let us know what occurs or concludes.
2018-8-9
Use props
alpet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 456827 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Have same problem with Mavic Pro. But probably I solved it without repair. For calibration I tryed to stand the drone vertically (on back legs), and first step was passed! I can't check results today, due bad weather, but calibration fully successfull!
2020-1-6
Use props
stealther
Second Officer
Flight distance : 406486 ft
Australia

alpet Posted at 1-6 01:40
Have same problem with Mavic Pro. But probably I solved it without repair. For calibration I tryed to stand the drone vertically (on back legs), and first step was passed! I can't check results today, due bad weather, but calibration fully successfull!

Interesting... I had the same issue and after many tries I also started the calibration with the Mavic standing up vertically and it worked... It actually sensed that I did not start the normal way and after I did all the steps it asked to do the number 1 again and that time it worked. My Mavic had been sitting unused for a few months and when I first powered it up it it showed the error. I also notice that the IMU calibration tends to change on the number 1 sensor after a few flights it slowly creeps up, while the number 2 sensor is stable.
2020-1-6
Use props
alpet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 456827 ft
  • >>>
Russia

I'm afraid this calibration failure occurs due to the long storage of the drone in an upright position, in a classic bag. Perhaps if you control it so that it is always belly down, this will not happen often.
2020-1-6
Use props
Textripp
New
Flight distance : 47251 ft

United States

I had the same problem with long term storage in the bag (vertical). Several attempts to calibrate normally failed (error -50), then tried your method. Sat it up vertically, ran calibration, it made it to step 5 and then wanted to start over. So i did a normal calibration and it made it all the way through.  No more calibration errors.
It worked for me to... Thanks for the help!!!  You would have thought DJI would have ran into this issue before and filled in their Administrator.
2020-1-7
Use props
oscartellongmail.com
New

Spain

SOLUCIONADO. Una cosa que me solucionó el problema fué hacer el primer paso de la calibración con el Drone en posición vertical (la cámara hacia arriba). Esto hace que pase el error y siga con la calibración normal. Al final, se requerirá volver al paso inicial y listo.
2020-5-22
Use props
JOSE_DANILO
lvl.1
Colombia

alpet Posted at 1-6 01:40

I solved the IMU calibration problem with this trick. I had already tried everything, update firmware to the latest version, restored factory settings and nothing worked.
thanks for your solution
2020-7-9
Use props
fanse7597b44
New
Flight distance : 6204 ft
Germany

I had exactly the same problem that IMU calibration kept failing. The solution to start in the upright position solved the problem for me as well. I have a softbag with a handle on top that stores the drone in an upright position. Great advice to store the drone in the bag in a belly down position from now on, might be considered by the calibration software as the default store position.
2021-2-13
Use props
Marvin Marcel
New

Belgium

mavicbro7 Posted at 2018-8-8 11:29
Hi, no problem. I did fly into a bush, but it was only a few centimeters above ground and if fell on its "feet". So not much happened apart from some minor damage to the propellers. I did fly it again right after and it seemed to still work well, but I can't imagine the sensor being damaged by such a small crash.
The screenshots should be attached.[Image]

Qui pourrait m'aider pour ce truc j'arrive pas à installer la mise à jour
2021-4-6
Use props
Ibonza
lvl.1

Spain

*******SOLUCIONADO!!!!**********Buenas, escribo porque me ha funcionado lo de empezar a calibrar la IMU apoyado sobre las patas traseras. Llevaba sin volar el drone mucho tiempo por el mismo error que se comenta en el foro y había probado de todo, resetear, restablecer el firmware y de todo. El error me dió por no haberlo volado en el confinamiento y tener guardado en la misma posicion. No he tenido nunca ningun golpe. De hecho me había puesto en contacto con los de soporte de DJI. Y justo después de recibir el correo que les mandara el drone para allí, me encontré este foro.
GRACIAS POR SU AYUDA Y SABIDURÍA!!

saludos a todos
Ibon

2021-12-2
Use props
fans1de13c7d
New
Flight distance : 254462 ft
France

Good morning. Effectively no need to reinstall the firmware. I had the same problem, unable to calibrate IMU and compass. My Drone is stored upside down and I haven't used it for several months. Just recalibrate the IMU with the drone vertical. And there miracle everything returns to normal and the calibration of the IMU goes well as well as the compass. So the drone should not be stored upside down but horizontally. Thanks for your advice.
2023-2-16
Use props
GUS_OSS
lvl.1
Brazil

***SOLUCIONADO*** Funcionou perfeitamente comigo. Deixo o drone guardado dentro do case e ele fica sempre na vertical e não consiga realizar a calibragem do IMU de jeito nenhum. Com a dica de colocar ele com a câmera para cima no primeiro passo e calibrar, ele concluiu o processo e consegui fazer a calibragem perfeitamente. Muito obrigado.
2023-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules