2021 22 2018-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dalford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 619846 ft
United States

How many users use UAV Forecast?  https://www.uavforecast.com/#/

I had an anomaly last week wher my MA lost GPS signal and went into ATTI mode.  Only for a few seconds but caused some erratic issues.  I downloaded this app today and noticed for my location that there are numerous times that they recommend I not fly.  For the next 24 hours I see most of the times they recommend is in the evening about the time I was flying last week when I had the issue.

Just wondering who might be using this and if they find it credible or useful.
2018-8-8
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

I do. Even when I'm not flying.
2018-8-8
Use props
AuroraHunter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 938012 ft
United States

Just picked up the app a few days ago. Looks like it will be a good pre flight planner. I like being able to see the wind at various altitudes and sat lock.
2018-8-8
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do.  Not sure if you've 'looked around' the app, but within the settings you can set the "fly / no fly" parameters.  I've found it very credible and useful.
2018-8-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Have being using this app for months now and always check it before i decide to fly
2018-8-8
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Use it all the time. Even use it to check the weather forecast, some times better than the weather app.

You can change the setting to your requirement, but some are best left along. The most critical is the Kp, visible Sats, and Stats Locked. If the Kp is high you may get poor satellite communication resulting in losing  your gps lock, even though several satellites are being seen.

I have read that the sun has had some huge solar flares lately which have had an effect on the earths gps satellite grid.
2018-8-9
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

good app, worth using
2018-8-9
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

I use it predominantly to check wind speed, but quickly look at all other parameters.
2018-8-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you had an issue with your aircraft. We do not recommend using non-DJI apps. Please be advised that this is not supported by DJI and we do not guarantee of the integrity or the capacity of the said app. Please reach us again if you have more concerns about your aircraft. We're here to help. Thank you.
2018-8-9
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

yes I do use the app,  and as those lads before me I even use it when not flying,  very accurate.
2018-8-9
Use props
Nancy SEO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434849 ft
United States

Like everyone else, I like it for pre-flight planning. It's simple, it's well laid out and I've found it to be fairly accurate.
2018-8-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

I use it as well. But for the last two weeks it only says not good to fly.
maybe because we have had 90 degree weather.
Uav forecast is a really good app.
2018-8-9
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I've used it for a year or so now. Great app for preflight checks.
2018-8-9
Use props
Baldpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8409 ft
United States

I also use it as part of my pre-flight check/
2018-8-9
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use it as well.  It’s been very accurate in the past with a lot of vital information.   I switched from drone buddy to this application.
2018-8-9
Use props
Dalford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 619846 ft
United States

Thanks for all the replies, I will,start using it for pre-flight check.

I do see that it shows a no go if the expected satellites that will be seen is 11 or less.  I know this is configurable in settings.  What is the safe number of satellites to fly with flying a Mavic Air?
2018-8-9
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>

Part of my preflight check list!
2018-8-11
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

I use this it's very useful.
2018-8-11
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Yes, one of my primary apps for planning when to fly during the day (especially wind speed). Speaking of wind speed, I also use WindFinder as well.
2018-8-11
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

UAV is just a guideline really. If you want accurate weather go to the local airport website and bring up the newest METAR. If no local airport then fly with caution.
2018-8-11
Use props
nodor
New
Flight distance : 17802 ft

United States

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I am new to all of this.  Looking at the app it shows everything is green but says there is a small airport near by.  If it shows everything green, am I good to fly or do I need to do anything because of the airport?
2019-3-25
Use props
timtwomey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2164206 ft
United States

The 'Good to Fly' refers to weather conditions.  If you're flying under hobby rules and the airport is within 5 miles,  you need to contact them.
2019-3-25
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

nodor Posted at 3-25 09:35
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I am new to all of this.  Looking at the app it shows everything is green but says there is a small airport near by.  If it shows everything green, am I good to fly or do I need to do anything because of the airport?

You're good to fly. You can always check the go4 app flight zones.
2019-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules