Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
BEWARE OF SHOWFOX.COM
4099 33 2018-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
INTERAVE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21079 ft
United States

Hey all,

I was on Facebook recently and I noticed they had some advertisements for Mavic Air drones on sale for $59.00 for the Fly More Combo. I couldn't believe what I was seeing since the Mavic Air is retailing at $799. I thought maybe it was a promotion and therefore I placed an order. I waited with anticipation for almost a month before I received what I thought was going to be a Mavic Air and instead I received some $10 toy drone. I am currently trying to contact SHOWFOX.COM to get a refund. I will let you all know how I make out. Beware of these scams! I read on the Internet that these scamsites are becoming more and more prevelant and I also read that FACEBOOK isn't doing anything to stop these ads from appearing on their website because they are saying that it doesn't violate any Facebook ads Terms and Conditions. I think that DJI should look into this because this could potentially harm DJI's reputation. Yeah, I thought this ad was too good to be true but I took a chance. Hey, you never know. Buyer beware!
2018-8-9
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you ever have any doubts, make sure the seller is on the following authorized DJI dealer list before breaking out your wallet:

https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy/online-retails
2018-8-9
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe that Facebook (US) has added some sort of "Notify" feature to report suspected frauds.  I've deleted my FB account so can't look to affirm.
I DID, however enter the URL [showfox.com] and it takes me to Pheenix which owns the URL and is offering to sell the URL.  Sounds like you've been spoofed for a non-existant business.
2018-8-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Can you post a pic of what they sent you?
2018-8-9
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-8-9 04:27

lol i too would like to see a pic of what you got
2018-8-9
Use props
el pelo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236768 ft
United States

You really thought you were going to get a Mavic Air for $59.00?
2018-8-9
Use props
MrArcher
Second Officer
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

Some people were designed to be parted from their money.  You knew going in it was too good to be true, but you gambled anyway, and lost.  Good luck with the refund.
2018-8-9
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

You honestly thought even remotely that this was a legit promotion?  Really?
2018-8-9
Use props
dbparti024
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

Do yourself a favor. and when you see a add on Facebook do the following. Click on the three ... and select  "HIDE AD"  or "REPORT".   I get so tired of the BS, I do this for every add I see.  There are so many scams....
2018-8-9
Use props
rshah921
First Officer
United States

I'm sorry but this is your fault, if DJI was having a sale for a $799 drone for $59, you wouldn't be finding out through a facebook ad. It's just common sense, no company is going to discount 90% sale on a product, ever lol, especially a drone.
2018-8-9
Use props
Paul_IA
Captain
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

I would have probably asked here first if DJI was having a promo. You know most of us would be buying 2-3 of them if they were selling at that price. Sorry you were parted with your money, but it's probably a good lesson going forward.
2018-8-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

WebParrot Posted at 2018-8-9 04:19
I believe that Facebook (US) has added some sort of "Notify" feature to report suspected frauds.  I've deleted my FB account so can't look to affirm.
I DID, however enter the URL [showfox.com] and it takes me to Pheenix which owns the URL and is offering to sell the URL.  Sounds like you've been spoofed for a non-existant business.

added some sort of "Notify" feature to report suspected frauds

Can you use the ''Notify'' feature to report Facebook?

2018-8-9
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-9 08:29
added some sort of "Notify" feature to report suspected frauds

Can you use the ''Notify'' feature to report Facebook?

Perfect reply :-)
2018-8-9
Use props
fans21546423
First Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

To good to be true ? then it probably isn't

wow...what a con...

https://showsfox.com/products/dj ... ldablerc-quadcopter

No way am i paying $39 bucks for an air ..

2018-8-9
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

You should have asked on here before even taking the plunge. We would have steered you to run the other way.
2018-8-9
Use props
fans8bc15605
New

United States

I bought the same drone anticipating the scan, and I received a Xin Kai Yang model KY101. No Mavic, but fun to fly indoors.
2018-8-9
Use props
fans8bc15605
New

United States

2018-8-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

For $39, you could almost go with - Fly and Forget.

Who needs a drone carry bag with hardcase.  I just unbox it, toss box, and fly.
Spare Batteries, why?  And what's this RTH thing you keep jabbering on about?

2018-8-9
Use props
Maxi3D
Captain
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

For $20 more you can get yourself a nice Eachine EX2 Mini drone with brushless motors.
2018-8-9
Use props
INTERAVE
lvl.3
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-8-9 06:16

Hey, sometimes you never know. Like maybe the company was running an actual promotion and had hundreds of Mavics they were selling to promote their website. I have seen that happen before. I had to take a chance. It was only a $59 chance so not a lot lost or gained, except a learning experience that I can share with my comrades here on DJI Forum and elsewhere.
2018-8-9
Use props
INTERAVE
lvl.3
United States

rshah921 Posted at 2018-8-9 06:51
I'm sorry but this is your fault, if DJI was having a sale for a $799 drone for $59, you wouldn't be finding out through a facebook ad. It's just common sense, no company is going to discount 90% sale on a product, ever lol, especially a drone.

I never said it wasnt my fault nor did I ever blame anyone else. I took a chance albeit a small one. I actually have 2 drones now! LOL!
2018-8-9
Use props
INTERAVE
lvl.3
United States

MrArcher Posted at 2018-8-9 06:04
Some people were designed to be parted from their money.  You knew going in it was too good to be true, but you gambled anyway, and lost.  Good luck with the refund.

I really didnt lose anything. I did receive a drone, albeit not a DJI Mavic but still a drone to have some fun with nonetheless. If this drone retails for $59 than I lost nothing. If it retails for less, I only lost like maybe the most $20. Not a large sum in the scheme of things.
2018-8-9
Use props
INTERAVE
lvl.3
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-8-9 06:16

Again, I rolled the dice, took a chance. Not much lost or gained. On the other hand, if I was looking at the glass as half full rather than half empty, now I have a drone I can mess around with and not really care if the thing flies away on me due to the small amount I paid. I actually fear for my $600 Spark everytime I fly it due to the fly away issues I have repeatedly had. If this cheap $59 drone flies away, I say, sayonara and still be able to sleep that night LOL!
2018-8-9
Use props
MrArcher
Second Officer
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

Looking on the bright side is mighty admirable.  If you're happy, buy more.  We've come full circle.  Good night.
2018-8-9
Use props
Lamplighter55
Captain
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Its always worth checking the company out before buying anything. In this case the hosting domain appears to be cpjus.com registered with Wild West Domains, LLC. Digging a bit deeper one finds more dodgy info the named holding company is Qandies Limited with a shell (virtual office) registered address based in South London, UK. A particular address that has had in the past been know for this type of operation. Basically a Chinese operation that has coopted a UK citizen (as a 'Director') to register the company in the UK.  I remember the local council business standards officers once raided these offices over another mail-order scam company. It turned out the named UK citizens who were 'company directors' were let's say under qualified for said role. The scam is to use a UK address as a front (for banking and accounts) and ship the tat direct to 'customers' from China. Fraud basically. "Buyer beware".
Also the domain showfox.com is currently up for sale ... Nuff said.
2018-8-10
Use props
INTERAVE
lvl.3
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2018-8-9 05:04
lol i too would like to see a pic of what you got

2018-8-10
Use props
INTERAVE
lvl.3
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-8-9 04:27

2018-8-10
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

What does the drone itself look like. Will it fit in your hand? I like the pic on the box
2018-8-10
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>

Such ads are all over Fakebook & I report them as scams whenever I see them.  I dont know why Fakebook permits obvious scam advertisements, but I understand even less people who fall for the scam.  If a Nigerian general, who came into millions, offered you a 20% commission if you'd only be kind enough to give him your bank routing & account numbers, would you provide it?  WHY would anyone believe they are going to receive a Mavic Air or Pro for $39 or $59?
2018-8-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Let's see the actual drone.
2018-8-10
Use props
fansee85aaef
New

Canada

#Quick Reply HeThere are several sites with Facebook ads "Promoting" the same deal... "Mavic Pro Platinum (Fly More Combo)".  

Barifox,
Showfox,
Mr. Z's shop mr-zs-shop.com...

many others all highlighting Special promo ...  :-(re#
2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansee85aaef Posted at 2018-8-27 10:50
#Quick Reply HeThere are several sites with Facebook ads "Promoting" the same deal... "Mavic Pro Platinum (Fly More Combo)".  

Barifox,

Hi, Thanks for this additional and helpful information to prevent a scam. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-28
Use props
StormyAcres
Flight distance : 30827 ft
United States

Yep, I got one of these too  (from Barifox).    My credit card company immediately refunded me.
2018-9-10
Use props
fans7b29cfd3
New

United States

Hey all,

I was on Facebook recently and I noticed they had some advertisements for Mavic Air drones on sale for $59.00 for the Fly More Combo. I couldn't believe what I was seeing since the Mavic Air is retailing at $799. I thought maybe it was a promotion and therefore I placed an order. I waited with anticipation for almost a month before I received what I thought was going to be a Mavic Air and instead I received some $10 toy drone. I am currently trying to contact SHOWFOX.COM to get a refund. I will let you all know how I make out. Beware of these scams! I read on the Internet that these scamsites are becoming more and more prevelant and I also read that FACEBOOK isn't doing anything to stop these ads from appearing on their website because they are saying that it doesn't violate any Facebook ads Terms and Conditions. I think that DJI should look into this because this could potentially harm DJI's reputation. Yeah, I thought this ad was too good to be true but I took a chance. Hey, you never know. Buyer beware!

Thanks a lot for the warning
2020-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules