Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery question
785 6 2018-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tervist
Captain
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

I wanted to play around with some manual camera settings yesterday with the Spark and my log showed some warnings (in orange) in the Cell columns related to the battery beginning at the 16 second mark. What's going on with my battery?

Beginner mode was on because I was flying indoors and I didn't want to hit any walls or furniture due to swift movements. Also had to fly indoors because it had started raining but since I was only playing with camera settings it didn't matter where I was.

I also got several "Downlink restored" messages, which was no surprise since I was indoors and subject to interference. However, I did get a "Command Timeout" at the 3 minute 32 second mark, which caught my eye. I had just initiated the Auto Land and noticed in the log that there was a "Downlink restored" message at the same time and that was followed by the "Command Timeout". I presume that the latter two were related and that the Spark just reacted to the downlink issue. Other than that, it was a pretty boring flight.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/5UM72NUS05GW1DEJM23B/

2018-8-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, I'm sorry for the inconvenience that  you have faced regarding with your Aircraft, Upon reading your concern on first Part it seems you having issue with the battery can you give more information about the issue? and on the second part you kept receiving a Downlink restored, meaning of that the transmission having an Intermittent like being interrupt for split seconds maybe the cause for that since you are flying your Aircraft Indoor.
2018-8-9
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

The cell deviation is "a bit unusual", I think.
Starts with 1, goes over 2 and for some time all 3 cells? Two recovering later?
I'd try a complete decharge/charge circle and would check again, afterwards.
"play around" with the Spark on, even fly it carefully indoors (hovering in bright light) to one digit power %! Even keep it in the air (left stick to the front, carefully, to stop it from critcal battery landing) till 5% or such.
After let it be on, perhaps download pictures or video via device, till the spark switches off alone.
Let the batt cool down, recharge it, check again.
And check the record of the flight part of the decharge.
2018-8-9
Use props
Tervist
Captain
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-9 10:21
Hi there, I'm sorry for the inconvenience that  you have faced regarding with your Aircraft, Upon reading your concern on first Part it seems you having issue with the battery can you give more information about the issue? and on the second part you kept receiving a Downlink restored, meaning of that the transmission having an Intermittent like being interrupt for split seconds maybe the cause for that since you are flying your Aircraft Indoor.

Thanks for replying, Stephen. It would seem then, that the downlink restored messages and the Command Timeout would have been normal under the circumstances and I am glad you verified my suspicions.

I don't know how much more information I can give you regarding the battery. If you review the flight log, you can see the orange warning indicators where I said they were and that I also started the flight off at 57% battery power (after charging it). There clearly is something unusual going on with the battery.
2018-8-9
Use props
Tervist
Captain
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-8-9 10:30

Thank you, S-e-ven! It is pretty unusual behavior, isn't it? The battery has behaved well until now.

I will try discharging it as you advised and see what happens.
2018-8-9
Use props
Tervist
Captain
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-8-9 10:30

Did as you suggested and the battery seems fine, so thank you for that suggestion. Do you have any idea as why that happened?
While the battery was fine, the flight itself ended with a crash.

2018-8-9
Use props
S.J
Captain
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Tervist Posted at 2018-8-9 17:08
Did as you suggested and the battery seems fine, so thank you for that suggestion. Do you have any idea as why that happened?
While the battery was fine, the flight itself ended with a crash.

Normally this problem is seen in SPORTS mode when a much aggressive flight response is seen by SPARK.
It sometimes occurs on my SPARK battery cells .
I believe part of the problem is the data communication occuring between SPARK , mobile app and RC during flight,since the updated firmware. As long as you get 10 to 12 minutes on your SPARK , there is nothing to worry.
2018-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules