Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
2018 zone unlocking
1467 8 2018-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mittens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1906 ft
United States

Ok, I have never had a issue taking off.. BUT  last time I flew at the beach there was not zones like now..  I head to the beach with my MP, and the map is showing a yellow zone basically everywhere I am going to be.

I have taken off and gotten the small yellow warning gravel airport close thing, no big deal...

I have tried to take off in red zone just to see what the software looking like and said, haha it worked no flying.

I have flown in a green zone, and then tried to cross into a red zone and it stops right on the line., pretty neat. (In laws house happens to be on the line 1/2 in the red/1/2 out)

But I need to know if my account is verified or what ever so when I go on trip, I can check the 2 boxes and it allow me to fly...

so what's needing in august of 2018, as a lot of threads are dated.

Area I am heading to is Destin/ Fort Walton beach.
2018-8-9
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Will this help any? https://www.dji.com/flysafe
2018-8-9
Use props
Mittens
lvl.4
United States

OK EDIT.  tried a different browser and now that site will allow my to click on yellow zones.  (I was on that page before but no yellow zones where able to be selected)

Followed the process, and did a cellphone verification.  and it gave me access... then I checked the app, and sure enough it refreshed and shows I have access for 9-11 august..

I did a zone I wont be in for another week. just to test it.. so now I know it works.

my question now is when I need to do this next time, will it require a computer? , and verify my phone number and all that? while floating on a boat?  or will it just pop up those 2 check boxes and let me fly?
2018-8-9
Use props
Mittens
lvl.4
United States

Also  the video says you can unlock up to 30 zones at once... SO  the whole trip I am going on there is only 3 zones that could be a problem. ..

Can I unlock them before hand for 3 days, and also unlock then 3 more days... so gives me the whole trip no issues?

if so 2 pair of unlocking's for 3 zones is only 6 out of the 30... and then I should have ZERO issues on my trip to even worry about it?
2018-8-9
Use props
Mittens
lvl.4

Update  got access from website. Drove to yellow zone, and went through some Menus and it flew..

Ok cool, then checked the app for my authorizations and now I have 3.. so looks like it did not even see the one I did before hand?
2018-8-9
Use props
Mittens
lvl.4
United States

EDIT.  Went and turned on app, controller, and Mavic.  now there is a menu with unlocked zones.  Cool

I check and it shows 2 controllers.  ok cool one is for spark and one for mavic I assume.  cool

When I click on the one connected (my mavic) it only shows me the ONE unlocked zone, its the 24hour one, not either of the ones I did online?  they all 3 show in the app outside the RC menus...  I hit the import zones as well?  what am I missing
2018-8-10
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Be sure to look for an expiration time and date on the unlocks so your drone don't go down as a result. It happens and there is a thread on that very thing here right now.
2018-8-10
Use props
Mittens
lvl.4
United States

I understand the times, and heave been on that other thread.  thanks for the heads up though.

What I cant figure out is why I had to redo it all when I preplanned 2 hours before and did it fro the PC, and had them on my app.
2018-8-10
Use props
Mittens
lvl.4
United States

Ok Edit I found the issue.

First when I did it online I used my RC serial number not the Flight Controller....... this was part of the issue.  that's why when all connected it only sees the 24 hour one. as its was the only valid one, but the DJI app sees the other as it was done using my account so they show even though they are not good to any aircraft.  I read flight controller and my brain read controller.....

So once your have the right serial number....
Then once connected you can see the menu for unlocking License,
Then hit sync... which pulls the authorization from the other side of the DJI app that has all the accounts authorizations in it...
Then you can hit import to aircraft your connected to, to send them to the aircraft side of the menu....

And THEN you can select the aircraft button and slide the green button to turn on that authorization zone you need.

I tried to authorize the same zone for 6 days,(3 days, and then 3 days after thatone) and all it did was cancel the first 3 days and make it the last 3... so then I did it again to make it the first 3 days.  I guess you can't have multiple authorization dates for the same zone.  You can have multiple zones at the same time, but not multiple planned dates for the same Zone. Not sure if you can slide the green button on for 2 zones at once or not yet.

Now I just need to figure out if you plan to fly in and out of a zone can you as long as its in the time period.
and what do you have to do to take off if your authorized and have the green button selected.
2018-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules