Any news about Dynamic Home Point and Waypoints?
2257 11 2018-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PiVoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158845 ft
Poland

How is that MA still dont have those functions even thos SPark does? Its pathetic that we have to use 3rd party app to fully enjoy our drone.

The way DJI threats Mavic Air is ridiculous, if we wont get DHP and Waypoints before Mavic 2 Release i will ask for refund.
2018-8-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry that the dynamic home point and waypoints are not available with the Mavic Air, unfortunately, we don't have information if this will be available with our Mavic Air. Thank you for understanding.
2018-8-9
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

PiVor,
Maybe I've missed it, but  the Spark doesn't support Waypoints in the DJI Go 4 app.  In order to do waypoints with the Spark, you have to use Litchi, Autopilot, or some other 3rd party app.  The same is true for the Mavic Air and was actually implemented sooner in the Mavic Air SDK than in the Spark.

Also, Dynamic Home Point on the Spark really isn't all the useful.  It is only available when using Gesture mode or when dynamically tracking a person (not car, etc).  And the dynamic home point isn't anything to do with where the RC is at, it is only updating the home point to a new point at where the Spark is at once its moved more than 15 meters.  
Maybe your usage profile is different than mine, but quite honestly, unless you are using active track to follow you while running, it is mostly useless on the Spark.
2018-8-9
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Spark has waypoints now, wow! Please post a video... ;-)
2018-8-9
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think you need to head back to the MA manual and compare it with the Spark features.  Neither the Spark nor Mavic Pro has Waypoint and Dynamic Home Point.  It only show up in gestures and doesn't behave like true Waypoint.  Spend $ 22-25 and get Litchi.  It's probably easier then trying to get a refund for your used aircraft :-)  And if you buy the next version of the Pro, carefully read the documentation first to make sure your getting ALL the features you're interested in BEFORE pushing the [buy] button.
2018-8-9
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
lvl.4
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Get Litchi. Even if the MA had waypoints, the way DJI implements them is that you have to fly the mission first and record each point as you go.

Litchi lets you sit on your couch and plan out the mission on your laptop. You can even plan missions out of signal range. Kinda of exhilarating to have your drone lose connection and you have to sit on your hands hoping/waiting for it to return...or not
https://flylitchi.com/hub

The reason DJI does it the way they do is that using the Litchi hub, it is really easy to not realize that the ground level changes, or someone put a tree or cellphone tower in the path between two points. If your MA is turning on a curved path it could easily side swipe a tree while you are in signal loss. When you fly the mission first you can see all that in your display.

2018-8-9
Use props
InvisibleName 7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795653 ft

On what possible basis are you going to ask for a refund?
2018-8-9
Use props
Baldpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8409 ft
United States

The manual, quickstart guide, and website are pretty descriptive about the things it can do.
2018-8-10
Use props
Nomas Prime
New

United Kingdom

STILL nothing about implementing what must be a fairly trivial feature—lame.
2020-3-14
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

KlooGee Posted at 2018-8-9 12:39
PiVor,
Maybe I've missed it, but  the Spark doesn't support Waypoints in the DJI Go 4 app.  In order to do waypoints with the Spark, you have to use Litchi, Autopilot, or some other 3rd party app.  The same is true for the Mavic Air and was actually implemented sooner in the Mavic Air SDK than in the Spark.

yes you are right
2020-3-14
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

Dynamic home point and waypoints are not available with the Mavic Air.
2020-3-18
Use props
Adriano Araujo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

KlooGee Posted at 2018-8-9 12:39
PiVor,

I do that running stuff ;-))))))
2020-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules