Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New issue to check
3787 25 2015-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yapstrapper
lvl.2

United States

I'm reposting this for some reason I had posted earlier but it does not show up
New problem you may want to check for, I've been having issues with the video quality recently so I decided to give the hardware a once over, what I found was that the quick connect for the gimbal has 2 alignment plastic pins on the I1 side one has broken off not sure how since I'm extremely careful when mounting the camera and have not had any hard landings or crashes, Sorry for the pic quality but you can see the pin on the left between the first 2 pins is missing I've ordered a new one hope it fixes the problem but I think this is a weak point if mine broke off from normal use.

image.jpg
2015-5-25
Use props
Airosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

I'm trying really hard to understand what you're saying and look into the picture but the I can't see sh*t.
Can you try and post a better picture and mark what you're trying to describe?
I also think there's something going on with the connections and the feed interruptions but mine seems to be untouched and unharmed.
2015-5-25
Use props
Yapstrapper
lvl.2

United States

RE: New issue to check

Airosa Posted at 2015-5-26 09:28
I'm trying really hard to understand what you're saying and look into the picture but the I can't se ...

Here this is better sorry
connect.JPG
2015-5-25
Use props
mattd
lvl.3

Australia

Airosa Posted at 2015-5-26 09:28
I'm trying really hard to understand what you're saying and look into the picture but the I can't se ...

So glad someone tells it how it is, I couldn't see shit either! and the picture he has posted for clarification is just as blury!
2015-5-25
Use props
Yapstrapper
lvl.2

United States

Sorry only thing I have to take a pic is the iPhone so if you still don't understand with the second pic just turn over your inspire and compare if you have a pin on both sides where the arrows point then you have no issue
2015-5-25
Use props
Airosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

hey..thanks for the 2nd pic.
It is good.
I'll check mine as soon as I have a chance
2015-5-25
Use props
MJDMike
lvl.3

United States

Thanks for posting this.
2015-5-26
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone tried to clean those copper connection pins?  My video is dropping now and then and that's where it could be.
2015-5-27
Use props
lkedziora
lvl.2
Flight distance : 808491 ft
Poland

That is exactly the same issue that I had. I noticed that first pin in the upper row (looking from  the front of I1) was bend. Only explanation of that is incorrect placement of the cap that when twisting can bend the pin. Now I mount the camera only when I can clearly see the mounting when the I1 is up side down. Btw happily I managed to fix the pin.
2015-5-27
Use props
kinsonlai
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69662 ft
Hong Kong

lkedziora@gmail Posted at 2015-5-28 15:54
That is exactly the same issue that I had. I noticed that first pin in the upper row (looking from   ...

I have the same problem, and one of my pins broke off completely.  I probably lost it by now, but so far I haven't had any issues with the camera yet.  The pins are more fragile that you think, and its quite easy to break them if you assemble the camera incorrectly.

Btw, how do you fix a broken pin?  I doubt glue will do the trick, and I'm not sure I want glue around such a sensitive part anyways.
2015-5-28
Use props
lkedziora
lvl.2
Flight distance : 808491 ft
Poland

kinsonlai Posted at 2015-5-28 16:00
I have the same problem, and one of my pins broke off completely.  I probably lost it by now, but  ...

It was just bended. All I have done was strighten it in the right position with a needle.
2015-5-28
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

We may all may be surprised to find that the design of this connection could very well be the Achilles heel in this unit. I myself believe with all of my heart that this issue alone accounts for large majority these black screen flyaways...Seriously.   I do not believe that this disconnect alone would or could bring down the bird.    I do however know that electronics, while flowing current react adversely and erratically if abruptly disconnected.  That unexpected disconnect could  throw off reference voltages causing the onboard computer to become internally confused.    Once confused it displays erratic nonsense behavior leaving the operator in dismay and the public in danger.     

This mechanical connection failure at the gimbal connection causing the onboard computer to fail can also account for why this company is having such a difficult time getting a handle on this particular issue.   What I mean by that statement is this.  This company employs highly intelligent computer programmers.   When they(A Programmer) begin to diagnose a computer issue they focus on software first.  That alone would explain why these latest rounds of updates are not solving the problem as the solution is a hardware issue.  Not software.   Diagnosis of electronics can be an adventure to say the least.  It is very easy to understand how this minor hardware issue can fall through the cracks and cause all of these crashes as the techs. are focusing on software.

I do not expect this company to be forthright with this info.   However,I myself know for a fact that the correction of this issue alone would be the cure for a vast majority of these end user issues.  This mechanical issue alone can also explain why there are so many proven birds becoming unstable out of the blue as these plastic alignment pens can become weaker and fail or break over time.      Tahoe-ed if you were to make the inner circle aware of this it is possible that solving this issue could go along way in repairing not only the birds but customer relations as well. Seriously check into this guys.  You may be surprised at what you find.
2015-5-28
Use props
Yapstrapper
lvl.2

United States

vonbaron1 Posted at 2015-5-28 11:35
Has anyone tried to clean those copper connection pins?  My video is dropping now and then and that' ...

Just rub them with a eraser works well
2015-5-28
Use props
Yapstrapper
lvl.2

United States

kinsonlai Posted at 2015-5-28 16:00
I have the same problem, and one of my pins broke off completely.  I probably lost it by now, but  ...

You can buy a new connector $30 got mine from UAS
2015-5-28
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yapstrapper Posted at 2015-5-29 07:00

Thanks Yapstrapper and then will check these pins as well.
2015-5-28
Use props
kinsonlai
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69662 ft
Hong Kong

Yapstrapper Posted at 2015-5-29 07:00

Thanks, will check it out!
2015-5-31
Use props
pedz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24898 ft
United States

Hi Guys,

I was about to pull the trigger and buy an Inspire 1.  It will be my first drone but I doubt if it will be my last.  So, here is the gut check... would you buy it again given this and a few other problems?

I also wanted to encourage DJI to update this thread with what they find.

90% chance I'm still going to buy one.  It appears to be the closest to what I want.  I was going to get the dual controller and hopefully find a friend to help with the camera.
2015-6-1
Use props
Propslinger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19633 ft
  • >>>
United States

pedz Posted at 2015-6-1 20:58
Hi Guys,

I was about to pull the trigger and buy an Inspire 1.  It will be my first drone but I dou ...

I would definitely buy it again. I started with the Phantom FC40 then went to the Phantom Vision 2+ (I bought two of them actually) and then the Inspire. Now I have a Phantom 3 to add to my collection. I fly them all frequently. My Inspire is definitely the flagship.
2015-6-1
Use props
woodielb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78061552 ft
United States

One thing I did that helps a lot with alignment when you put the protective caps back on the I1 and the gimbal itself after removal, is to find a decal that had a white straight line in it, in my case I had some old GoPro stickers around. I cut a piece that had a nice narrow, straight white line to the right size, and put it on the protective caps in exact alignment with the reference marks on both the I1 and the gimbal. You could do it with a white marker as well. This way, when you replace the caps, you can align them exactly, not feeling around and possibly damaging the pins.
2015-6-1
Use props
Tassiejeff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137730 ft
Australia

woodielb@xmissi Posted at 2015-6-1 21:22
One thing I did that helps a lot with alignment when you put the protective caps back on the I1 and  ...

I marked off the location points with a dab from my white-out pen...easy.
2015-6-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is one of the disadvantages of a modular design.  Please be very careful when you install the camera and remove it.  I would recommend that an inspection of the contacts be part of your normal preflight checklist.  
2015-6-2
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

This is one of the reasons I never take the camera off.
2015-6-2
Use props
enkhome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 273038 ft
Netherlands

vonbaron1 Posted at 2015-5-28 11:35
Has anyone tried to clean those copper connection pins?  My video is dropping now and then and that' ...

I recomment doxit gold to clean and protect all contacts and connetors also the battery contacts.
Expensive but the best also used for high end sound gear and coax connetions.  
http://www.amazon.com/DeoxITGOLD ... ioner/dp/B0015A7CYG  
2015-6-2
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

pedz Posted at 2015-6-1 20:58
Hi Guys,

I was about to pull the trigger and buy an Inspire 1.  It will be my first drone but I dou ...

I just bought an inspire, I sent my p3 back, I am sick to read of all of these problems,  I am seeing exactly the same problems with the inspire, for all the same reasons that I sent my p3 back .

Most of this seems to have occured since the new firmware updates, Which DJi seems to be desperately releasing to accommodate the P3  sales, while literally  throwing the the Inspire owners under the bus.

please tell me I am wrong.  I have discovered a manufacturing, assembly, problem inside of the Inspire battery, a serious problem,  I will post pics, as soon as I can get some good focused shots, you all are going to flip on this one. Everyone of ya's will be removing your battery cap to check on this one.
2015-7-11
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

enkhome Posted at 2015-6-3 04:31
I recomment doxit gold to clean and protect all contacts and connetors also the battery contacts.
E ...

Great tip, I used this for my electronics for years

Rich
2015-7-11
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Michael Starley Posted at 2015-5-28 19:46
We may all may be surprised to find that the design of this connection could very well be the Achill ...

Certainly alignment CAN be an issue but rather significant rotation of the camera around its mount has to occur before you would lose signal.

The two LARGE alignment pins at the side of the plate bearing metal contacts (DJINSP-30) will ensure proper alignment unless one forcibly twists the screw mount to secure the gimbal. Also, there are two rows of contacts and these are redundant so even if one pin in one row is bent, unless its sister pin is also bent, contact should be maintained.

Most video signal dropouts are a result of transient RF glitches.

I would recommend that you consider change the parts DJINSP-30 DJI Inspire 1 Fast-mounting Gimbal Port PCBA ($30) and / or  DJINSP-17 DJI Inspire 1 Fast-mounting Gimbal Port Cable ($4). Sorry you had a bad experience
2016-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules