Settings
734 9 2018-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
windymiller2904
lvl.2
United Kingdom

this is my latest video

How can I get the over exposure right and make better videos better what is the best settings
Please help how to do it cheers Paul
2018-8-9
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

úse nd filters
2018-8-9
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

What is your setting to capture this video?
2018-8-9
Use props
windymiller2904
lvl.2
United Kingdom

GDL Posted at 2018-8-9 21:52
What is your setting to capture this video?

just got the drone i am useing auto settings
2018-8-9
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Singapore

Check the camera settings as it doesn’t looks right.
2018-8-9
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Singapore

Try set camera to auto and see any improvement.
2018-8-9
Use props
bjashton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245932 ft
United Kingdom

I'm not sure exactly which Mavic drone you are using. But the Mavic Pro has exposure compensation. This "adjusts" the automatic exposure by a fixed amount to allow you to compensate for things that confuse the automatic exposure. By default the right wheel on the remote controls this so you might have moved that and adjusted it without realising.

On your remote or app look for "EV" (Exposure-compensation Value) and a number.
0 = no adjustment
+ve = more light, so brighter / over exposed (like in the video)
-ve = less light, so darker / under exposed

If this isn't "0" then turn the right wheel to adjust and hopefully that will fix your problem.
If you aren't using a Mavic Pro then you might need to check the manual to work out how to adjust it. (I'm not sure if the controls are exactly the same.)

If you've confirmed it is set to auto and EV=0 then something weird is going on. Definitely worth updating this post in case anyone else has any ideas. You might also want to contact support.

For info...
In the simple case automatic exposure measures the average brightness of the whole picture and adjusts the exposure so this is exactly mid way between white and black. The infamous 18% grey. (In practise companies often add intelligence so it isn't so simple. But that's the easiest way to thing about it when things aren't automatically right.)
If you are photographing something that is mostly white then it can darken this to grey resulting in underexposure. And the opposite if it's something black. In drone photography the most common issue is that amount of bright sky in the picture affects the exposure. More sky tends to darken the picture, less lightens it.
2018-8-9
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

bjashton Posted at 2018-8-9 23:24
I'm not sure exactly which Mavic drone you are using. But the Mavic Pro has exposure compensation. This "adjusts" the automatic exposure by a fixed amount to allow you to compensate for things that confuse the automatic exposure. By default the right wheel on the remote controls this so you might have moved that and adjusted it without realising.

On your remote or app look for "EV" (Exposure-compensation Value) and a number.

thank you for your input , I too will take your advice.
2018-8-10
Use props
Lonesome Crow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>

Your settings have gotten way off.  Try resetting them.  If it looks way to bright on your mobile device, then good chance your video will be the same.  Lastly, where are you getting your video from?  Is this off of your mobile device or the SIM card in the craft?  I always use the SIM card.
2018-8-11
Use props
Ellinor William
lvl.2

United States

You need to lower down the exposure and play around with the settings a little bit. Check the exposure mode, You can choose between AUTO and M(manual) mode. It’s very easy to get overexposed or underexposed images when not in Auto mode. First, switch to the manual mode, then change the ISO, lower ISO might suit your set-up.
2018-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules