Ronin S -Bluetooth connection dead
4744 10 2018-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_DDLL
lvl.2
Mauritius

Hi
I am currently using Ronin S with my Nikon D850. I have the Ronin app on my android smartphone.

Two days ago I successfully performed firmware upgrade to 1.3.0.20.  The focus led blink green when camera is on with liveview selcted.

Yesterdy I wanted to use the Ronin app   ( Create - Vdeo - Arrow pad ) to move the gimbal. I worked fine for some mins . suddenly  a
device disconnection message appeared and from mow on the bluetooth connection is DEAD. I ha ve tried to power down the gimbal /
grip. Deleted the app and reinstalling did not work. Furthermore the Ronin is no longer retraceable by ANY other smarphone.

Please help as I was in my early stages of appreciating the. Ronin S.
2018-8-9
Use props
djiuser_DDLL
lvl.2
Mauritius

Any clue DJI?
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for the troubles on connecting Ronin-S's Bluetooth.
Have you tried to refresh the firmware again? If the issue persists, may I have the serial number of your device, the model of your mobile device and system version for better assistance? Thank you in advance.
2018-8-10
Use props
djiuser_DDLL
lvl.2
Mauritius

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-10 23:45
Hi there, sorry for the troubles on connecting Ronin-S's Bluetooth.
Have you tried to refresh the firmware again? If the issue persists, may I have the serial number of your device, the model of your mobile device and system version for better assistance? Thank you in advance.

Thanks for your reply.

However I tried to refresh the firmware as you suggested and it failed this time. I got the message 0701  bluetooth device is not connected. I have seen posts from some other users have got the same issue and they have had to send it back to DJI for a replacement. I am really disappointed. I am contacting the local vendor for his assistance.

Here the info requested

Serial number : 142XF6255108XD
Mobile phone  : Huawei P10 plus
System version. : VKY-L29 Android 8.0.0.364(C185)

The last time the Ronin S was connected to my smartphone, it read 762435

Your urgent reply would be grateful.
2018-8-12
Use props
Pixellent
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1060289 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_DDLL Posted at 2018-8-12 01:03
Thanks for your reply.

However I tried to refresh the firmware as you suggested and it failed this time. I got the message 0701  bluetooth device is not connected. I have seen posts from some other users have got the same issue and they have had to send it back to DJI for a replacement. I am really disappointed. I am contacting the local vendor for his assistance.

I've got the same problem. After updating tot the latest firmware update no bluetooth connection anymore. Tried to downgrade, failed, cause no bluetooth connection 701. What to do? Is there a hardware rested possible?
2018-8-29
Use props
djiuser_DDLL
lvl.2
Mauritius

Pixellent Posted at 2018-8-29 02:55
I've got the same problem. After updating tot the latest firmware update no bluetooth connection anymore. Tried to downgrade, failed, cause no bluetooth connection 701. What to do? Is there a hardware rested possible?

I finally contacted the local vendor as DJI was no longer responding  to the post. I am given to understand that the local vendor eventually sent it back to DJI  for escalation.

I am still waiting for reply from them.

2018-8-29
Use props
dpfranz
New

djiuser_DDLL Posted at 2018-8-29 04:30
I finally contacted the local vendor as DJI was no longer responding  to the post. I am given to understand that the local vendor eventually sent it back to DJI  for escalation.

I am still waiting for reply from them.

wow, they just stopped responding to this thread? Nice. What a joke.
2018-10-9
Use props
amorrison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325230 ft
  • >>>

Bluetooth no longer working on mine either - Ronin S was on latest firmware (9/20/2018) and was working perfectly. I recieved a call on my iPhone X (IOS 11) while connected via the Ronin App to the gimbal. I pushed the hang-up button to decline the call, and when the app returned it was disconnected. I tried to re-connect with the app but the Ronin S was no longer listed in the bluetooth devices. I tried re-installing the app, and a different mobile device, same thing. Also tried to do a firmware refresh with the Pro Ronin app and it failed with an error 0701 Bluetooth disconnected. Also tried the battery removal, left overnight and turned on in the mornig - still no bluetooth. Nothing I have tried has been able to restore the bluetooth. Tried the 6 pushes on the mode button, and pausing the motors then unpausing. There is no way left to reset the gimbal.  If you are using any iPhone I highly recommend keeping it on "do not disturb" because an incoming call while connected caused my issue.   I have a repair ticket on mine and will send it back after the game Sunday.

Also, using a GH5S I found autotune did not provide enough "stiffness" to the gimbal mounting. You could push the camera a bit on all its axis and this cause a fair amount of unwanted movement when using the gimbal.  I was in the process of increasing stiffness via the app when I lost bluetooth due to the call. Without the app, I put my 1DXM2 Canon on the gimbal with a heavy lens (85 1.4) and ran autotune via the mode/trigger holding. The difference is night and day in the stiffness and support for the GH5S. Much better.

Even if a new firmware version comes out to fix this, I won't be able to load it because of the bluetooth error 0701.

So, sending it back after Sunday for repair - I have to have the bluetooth for tuning.  

Case Number: CAS-2343027-F5W1R6

2018-10-12
Use props
amorrison
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Just a follow up - heard back from DJI repair. The are replacing the IMU board and a connecting cable. Actually they were pretty fast.
2018-10-22
Use props
amorrison
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I received the gimbal back from repair yesterday for the bluetooth dead issue. When I sent it in it was on the 9/20 firmware, when it returned it was on previous firmware. So had to upgrade it again. Also, it required activation again. (Just as info.) The good news - it works fine now. The actual stabilization is better than before too. It seems with the GH5S and a fairly light lens that autotune "high" gives the best results for me.
2018-10-27
Use props
RustyKZ
lvl.1

Kazakhstan

Hello. I have a problem with the bluetooth connection. The "Ronin" application periodically (very often - it can break the connection a minute after connecting or even earlier) loses its connection with the gimbal. Is this due to the fact that my mobile phones are not included in the list of supported by the application (I used Meizu M6 Note and Redmi Note 8)? Or is it a gimbal problem?
2020-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules