DJI Spark - Flyaway to replacement drone?
2022 19 2018-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc8e6bef8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58383 ft
United States

If you've had a flyaway or similar "DJI's fault" replacement, how long does it take DJI to confirm your logs? How long from initial repair request to getting a replacement drone?

I've ahred my logs yesterday but I am going on holidays in 2 weeks. I am afraid I will not have a feedback and a replacement by then.
In case of relacement (I would assume with a coupon code) - Can I just present to any of the DJI store my coupon? I am afraid that DJI sends me a replacement at my home while I am away for my holidays.

2018-8-10
Use props
Antpal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51575 ft

Drone flew away on a tuesday while travelling. Logs sent on the wednesday. New drone arrived on the Saturday. Mega!
2018-8-10
Use props
fansc8e6bef8
lvl.1
United States

Antpal Posted at 2018-8-10 01:26
Drone flew away on a tuesday while travelling. Logs sent on the wednesday. New drone arrived on the Saturday. Mega!

Wow - Thats top. Hopefully I will have the same luck!
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry to hear that. Can you please provide your case number so that I can check it on my end? Thanks for your support.
2018-8-10
Use props
fansc8e6bef8
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-10 01:59
Hi there, sorry to hear that. Can you please provide your case number so that I can check it on my end? Thanks for your support.

Thank you - I see you are admin so it is safe to provide my case number.
See case number here: CAS-2100030-F5F9Q6
2018-8-10
Use props
tume
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29442 ft
Finland

Spark crashed on last saturday, logs sent on monday morning, still waiting. So not quite 24/48h answer.
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansc8e6bef8 Posted at 2018-8-10 02:05
Thank you - I see you are admin so it is safe to provide my case number.
See case number here: CAS-2100030-F5F9Q6

Hi there, it is OK to post the case number here, it usually takes several business days for the data analysis, if it turns out to be a warranty case, mostly we will provide a coupon for user to purchase a new drone as long as we have it in stock in our online store and your address is qualified for shipping.
The data analysis result will be sent to you via your email, please note the email. The valid time of coupon is 1 month, no worries.
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tume Posted at 2018-8-10 02:19
Spark crashed on last saturday, logs sent on monday morning, still waiting. So not quite 24/48h answer.

Hi tume, sorry to have kept you waiting, may I have the case number so that we can help to check the current status? Thanks.
2018-8-10
Use props
fansc8e6bef8
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-10 03:33
Hi there, it is OK to post the case number here, it usually takes several business days for the data analysis, if it turns out to be a warranty case, mostly we will provide a coupon for user to purchase a new drone as long as we have it in stock in our online store and your address is qualified for shipping.
The data analysis result will be sent to you via your email, please note the email. The valid time of coupon is 1 month, no worries.

thanks Mindy for the prompt reply - So Should I assume my case is still being analyzed?
2018-8-10
Use props
tume
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29442 ft
Finland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-10 03:38
Hi tume, sorry to have kept you waiting, may I have the case number so that we can help to check the current status? Thanks.

Hi Mindy, I don´t have case number yet. DJI Wanda said: "It (case number) will be provided together with the response."
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tume Posted at 2018-8-10 04:08
Hi Mindy, I don´t have case number yet. DJI Wanda said: "It (case number) will be provided together with the response."

OK, do you have the email ticket number? If not, could you please PM me your email account which you are used to contact our support? Thank you.
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansc8e6bef8 Posted at 2018-8-10 03:50
thanks Mindy for the prompt reply - So Should I assume my case is still being analyzed?

Yes, your case is still under the data analysis process, we will have someone contact you once it is done, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-8-10
Use props
fansc8e6bef8
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-10 04:18
Yes, your case is still under the data analysis process, we will have someone contact you once it is done, please wait patiently, thank you.

Hi Mindy - I received an email stating that the analysis is completed and I should have my drone back shortly. Can you check when would I receive my replacement coupon pls?
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansc8e6bef8 Posted at 2018-8-13 05:52
Hi Mindy - I received an email stating that the analysis is completed and I should have my drone back shortly. Can you check when would I receive my replacement coupon pls?

Sorry for the late response as Mindy is not online for now. I've checked your case, the team has informed the result and we're checking to see whether there are better solutions or suggestions, we'll keep you updated.
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tume Posted at 2018-8-10 04:08

Hi tume, sorry for my late response since I just came back from a long holiday, I see our support team has replied your email and suggested to start a ticket online, then send in for the data analysis and evaluation, please let us know if you have any further concern.
2018-8-20
Use props
fansc8e6bef8
lvl.1
United States

Just got my replacement coupon today, 10 days after submitting my files log.
Drone ordered, delivery covered by DHL Express. Hopefully It will be here on Wednesday otherwise no drone for my holidays
2018-8-20
Use props
fansc8e6bef8
lvl.1
United States

By the way - DJI team, Do we know what is the real root cause of this? I have been seeing a lot of similar feedback lately.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-162388-1-1.html

What is driving this? What is the fix to it? I am afraid to fly my drone if this risk remains or we are not able to explain the root cause of it.
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fansc8e6bef8 Posted at 2018-8-20 05:09
By the way - DJI team, Do we know what is the real root cause of this? I have been seeing a lot of similar feedback lately.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-162388-1-1.html

Hi, That is great to know that you have ordered a new Drone. Don't be afraid to fly your new drone always remember to always check if the firmware of the drone is updates and please be sure to check notifications if it is asking you to calibrate the compass of the drone. Have a safe and happy flying.
2018-8-20
Use props
fansc8e6bef8
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-8-20 11:07
Hi, That is great to know that you have ordered a new Drone. Don't be afraid to fly your new drone always remember to always check if the firmware of the drone is updates and please be sure to check notifications if it is asking you to calibrate the compass of the drone. Have a safe and happy flying.

Hi All, Finally received my replacement yesterday and on time, I am back in the air
Thank you!
2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi. Good day. it is nice to know that you have received your replacement drone yesterday. If you have any other concerns please feel free to post for us to help you further. Have a safe and happy flying.
2018-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules